New membership scheme

Quick question..

What happens when games like Parkhead and Pittodrie come around?

Obvously Gold members will be the only ones in with a shout.. would it be first come first serve or go to a ballot?

On the Away ticket issue they could possibly put something in place like, most away tickets have barcodes if am correct you entry the number into our online ticket system on your account before ticket is scanned through the turnstiles. So basically the very last person with ticket in there hand gets the points. So the ones passing them on dont benefit
Away clubs aren't going to start carrying out checks for Rangers. To be fair neither they should also the person who receives the ticket in the first place would input his own details.

I will now have too pay for a membership and pay for all home crap friendly's to try and get a chance of a Cup final ticket now on CCCS. It will make me think why bother joining CCCS now and only attend all the home league games from now on. I have already asked who are on the Focus groups and no answer from the SLO.

focus group info was put up on the website and fans were randomly selected from it.

nonsense

cost me 150 At weekend and didn’t see game so I get a refund

I pay for seapn ticket yearly knowing I won’t make all I don’t use seat hub and shouldn’t be bribed to do so

So you'd rather the seat sat empty than someone else us it? Bizarre

Either use seatsub or let someone else use the ticket and you'll still get points for it.

Why would you scrap the travel club? So are all the points we’ve built up just getting thrown out? Farce if so.
Even if there are hundreds of folk currently on zero points right now that's another bunch of £20's a year that those people, me included, are willing to pay that could be taken in on top of a membership fee.

Membership will receive priority access to domestic away league and cup.

away European will exclusively be members.

semi/finals the barrier is cccs but will also be driven by loyalty so membership is an advantage.
Greg ,thanks for the reply , so is the idea that you pay a membership fee ,you will then be allocated eieith

There’s no way of tracking someone who’s been to all domestic away games, I’ve missed 3 away games this season and only had 2 tickets from Rangers. So how would they know I’d been to the other games ?

The new scheme would gather that information. Initially I could understand it, but I’m saying going forward, if travel club matches are included I don’t think they should be weighted anymore than domestic aways

The ticket office couldn't even manage a ballot for extra St J tickets nevermind implement any of this

Likely didn’t have enough time to ballot them. I’m sure if they did they would’ve been put through a cccs ballot

Who are these focus groups as the vast majority on here seem to hate these proposals! Was also told a while back by a prominent member of a supporters club from NI that the fee for joining such a scheme was being mentioned around the £70 mark! Everything I have read so far has farce written all over it!

How do you know the people that attended the focus groups didn’t hate it too?

Regardless of feedback, with the amount they’ve spent on the project, the club are going ahead with it whether we like it or not

I can't understand why buying merchandise gives you points towards tickets, we've been shafted for years with regards to buying merchandise, the board made a rip roaring c*nt of it with Elite and Hummel and we've to pay the price of it to give us a better chance of away tickets?

The only thing that needs fixed is the Cccs scheme as far I'm concerned, might seem drastic but I'd scrap it and give the tickets to supporters clubs.

I can't understand why buying merchandise gives you points towards tickets, we've been shafted for years with regards to buying merchandise, the board made a rip roaring c*nt of it with Elite and Hummel and we've to pay the price of it to give us a better chance of away tickets?

The only thing that needs fixed is the Cccs scheme as far I'm concerned, might seem drastic but I'd scrap it and give the tickets to supporters clubs.

So fans not on supporters clubs are penalised? That’s not fair and I would be totally against it, speaking as someone who’s involved with an RSC

The new scheme would gather that information. Initially I could understand it, but I’m saying going forward, if travel club matches are included I don’t think they should be weighted anymore than domestic aways
exactly why should Travel club matches get more loyalty, Going to the Domestic games week in and week out should be before travel club, we would all love to got to Europe every few weeks, but for a lot of fans its just not practical, due to finance, holidays, work commitments & family. but they travel home and away every weekend which to me deserves more loyalty.

I was hoping to build up points and benefit next year mate. This is the first year it was re-opened to non-ST holders like myself (I live in England) and now it's been a waste of time.
The primary purpose of the Travel Club is to distribute tickets to those who travel and support the team.
Not sure how much consideration is given to those who don’t.

By looking at your loyalty over last 5 years mate .

The only problem I have is it doesn't count the loyalty over the banter years.

I know plenty who buggered off round about 2012 and came back the last couple of seasons, following in Europe and the sorts - now I don't necessarily have a problem with that, persons personal choice however when I was taking nearly a ticket every away game, going to the Stirlings and East Fifes I expected a bit of loyalty back, instead I get 3 or 4 away tickets per season through the CCCS,.

The whole thing does need looked at and changes made.

Without wanting to piss on anyways parade, I also think RSC's need looked at, I ran one for a few years when I stayed in Scotland so I can see it from both sides, however I believe if your Rangers number is Registered with the RSC for away tickets, then it shouldn't be put in with the CCCS or should be limited to extra tickets such as this weekend.

I am also not sure why the travel club needs changed although some will have abused it this year with them getting sent out via Post for some games.

exactly why should Travel club matches get more loyalty, Going to the Domestic games week in and week out should be before travel club, we would all love to got to Europe every few weeks, but for a lot of fans its just not practical, due to finance, holidays, work commitments & family. but they travel home and away every weekend which to me deserves more loyalty.

so why should someone who stays within 30 miles of Ibrox get the same loyalty points as someone who stays over 200 miles away given that we have a lot of midweek fixtures ............

the club are bamboozling fans by over-complicating things here

and just to simplify things

Travel Club ....... tickets must be picked up abroad so not open to abuse

CCCs ....... everyone in it get same tickets per season ( so whats unfair about that )

@Greg Marshall

How do you know the people that attended the focus groups didn’t hate it too?

Regardless of feedback, with the amount they’ve spent on the project, the club are going ahead with it whether we like it or not
If they rush this nonsense through for next season it is going to be a monumental feck up! Biggest mistake a club can do is go against fans wishes!

Last edited:
People are just going to divert their money away from Rangers, instead of paying for membership plus all cccs games, they can pick up a Rangers vs Celtic cup ticket or other high demand games on one of them rip off ticket sites for around £120.

If they rush this nonsense through for next season it is going to be a monumental feck up! Biggest mistake a club can do is go against fans wishes!
I think it is all an elaborate hoax,get us all to think the current way is the best option :)

People are just going to divert their money away from Rangers, instead of paying for membership plus all cccs games, they can pick up a Rangers vs Celtic cup ticket or other high demand games on one of them rip off ticket sites for around £120.

It’s been made clear that it’ll 100% be implemented and it’ll be trial and error - any changes that need made will be done whilst it’s active

Realistically, fans who want to go abroad/away will pay whatever is required within reason (£50 mentioned) and the club know this

The club is looking to ensure the stadium is full as every week we are selling out and thousands of tickets go unused. Buying the ticket is the most important thing to the club true but going and supporting the team has value as well. And if you can’t go giving that opportunity to another supporter.

The attendance or seat sub options when seat sub is available makes sense. If seat sub isn’t an option then there would be no bonus on attendance.

Great to hear sub seat being pushed Greg.

I’ve made this point already but as a non season book holder it’s really frustrating struggling to buy tickets only to see lots of empty seats in the stadium that weren’t for sale on line.

Last edited:
For away games they should sell tickets in the tiers. So many available for low point holders.
That was the only thing that needs implemented to fix the travel club pick up abroad with your ID and it works posting out defeats the whole purpose we all know there’s people applied for everything and attended very little can’t see how that pattern won’t evolve with this new membership scheme

There isn’t enough tickets available,that is the fundamental problem.
And that is why low point holders will never get a chance to become Top tier making it a closed shop unless someone explains to me differently

When my boy is old enough I’d like him to experience some of the things I’ve got to but he’ll never get the chance. As oversubscribed as the cccs was it gave you a chance

I can see some Bears who live outwith Scotland not renewing home CCCS or even giving up season tickets.
The club are saying loads of seats go unused each game,would be better looking into the reasons for this?
The driving force behind all of these changes looks like the club want to maximise income from the Seatsub scheme but by putting off some buying a ST there would be more seats available for games anyway.
The current systems aren’t perfect but I am sceptical about some of what seems to being proposed.
The unused seats are paid for obviously but we have a record number of STs now so the board have options. Forget what has gone before, directly and indirectly the board want more money from us. So instead of saying thanks to the fans who have paid up front for decades to go to Ibrox, support our team and the club financially as a whole, RFC wants to shaft you with the detail, logistics and any other scam to draw cash from our pockets.

Got a season ticket, pay up front to financially support the club as you have done for years? Great, you are one of us.

Work offshore, fishing, overseas, live a few hundred miles away etc and only make half of the home games? You are not loyal enough for us, you need taken down a peg or five and get in line.

Tell you what I would like to know, who signed off on the new SDI deal that wrecked our fucking merchandise income and has the biggest impact on RFC operations? Not the previous spivs crap, but the new super duper retail contract that the current board agreed and has so far cost us millions in lost revenue. And probably in the millions in legal fees again before it is done. That would have off-set the few quid income that will be drained off the fan base shortly.

Oh, that is right. We cannot talk about it. Please do not ask about our massive, corporate financial failings, just do your bit to throw a bit more of your hard earned our way. Cool.

No heads will roll at Ibrox, the smsm continue to get free reign over all things Rangers but questions once again are asked of our fans by the very people responsible for the shit storm.

And that is why low point holders will never get a chance to become Top tier making it a closed shop unless someone explains to me differently

When my boy is old enough I’d like him to experience some of the things I’ve got to but he’ll never get the chance. As oversubscribed as the cccs was it gave you a chance

Agreed it’ll become a closed shop but the club see it as a revenue stream.

Over the last 2 seasons we’ve lost 6,700 approx x2 for the games at parkhead and potentially 4,000 x2 for Rugby park, from the ticket pool. That roughly equates to 21,000 tickets that have been lost which potentially means fans would’ve got another game

I realise only 50% of those tickets would’ve went to cccs (if using the basic 50/30/20 split) but people can’t overlook that.

It has been a disaster for the club considering the away cccs has the most people signed up than it ever has

Why does the SLO appear to be endorsing these new proposals when it appears most of the fans he is meant to represent are against the idea?

Could well be wrong, apologies if I am, but I’d heard that he’s been set an objective from the club to get a membership scheme up and running, so he has to endorse it

Therefore shows that the current scheme still allows folk who want to go to every game the chance to be able to.

Issue is, the numbers on the away scheme would increase next season if it stayed in its current format. Next season you’d likely be lucky to get 2

Remember hearts/Livingston away in the cup has resulted in an extra 11,000odd tickets for the scheme. Imagine we’d had all home ties this season

if you go to the crap constantly
you deserve to go to the finals and derbies

550 odd tickets for Parkhead doesn’t cover people who travel absolutely everywhere (I’ve not included club use %)

There’s guys on buses who go to every game outwith Parkhead who can’t get a ticket now

550 odd tickets for Parkhead doesn’t cover people who travel absolutely everywhere (I’ve not included club use %)

There’s guys on buses who go to every game outwith Parkhead who can’t get a ticket now
just wait and see how it pans out

Issue is, the numbers on the away scheme would increase next season if it stayed in its current format. Next season you’d likely be lucky to get 2

Remember hearts/Livingston away in the cup has resulted in an extra 11,000odd tickets for the scheme. Imagine we’d had all home ties this season
The CCCS/ST sales will die down again once we are back winning trophies as the norm, it's the fact everyone wants to be there when we win the league/cups for the first time in years. There was never a demand like this during our glory years through Smith/Advocaat for example. The only thing I can compare it to is when Souness took over the reigns and attendances started swelling again. All the whining has been caused by two things, Piggery allocation being lost and people losing out on cup final tickets through a fair ballot! If people on the away scheme wanted more away tickets then maybe shouldn't have supported Celtic's allocation at Ibrox being cut by so much!

The CCCS/ST sales will die down again once we are back winning trophies as the norm, it's the fact everyone wants to be there when we win the league/cups for the first time in years. There was never a demand like this during our glory years through Smith/Advocaat for example. The only thing I can compare it to is when Souness took over the reigns and attendances started swelling again. All the whining has been caused by two things, Piggery allocation being lost and people losing out on cup final tickets through a fair ballot! If people on the away scheme wanted more away tickets then maybe shouldn't have supported Celtic's allocation at Ibrox being cut by so much!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXACTLY

Re your bottom point, some of people vocally supporting it admitted they don’t go to away games so it didn’t affect them in any way

Because he already knows its happening, us fans have no say in it at all, no matter how many ‘focus meetings’ they hold.

This is not a dig at Greg, not his fault
Then what is the point of his role if the club just implement stuff against the fans wishes? Surely he should be fighting our corner instead of being a yes man.

That's because it's a lottery just now between 15000 people and buses only get 1 ticket each.

Under the new scheme, the ticket would go to the people who deserve them most.

Then what is the point of his role if the club just implement stuff against the fans wishes? Surely he should be fighting our corner instead of being a yes man.

Need to cut Greg some slack here, ultimately it’s a small part of his role and he’s tasked with gathering fans feedback; I highly doubt his remit should be challenging people at board level who are the drivers of this membership scheme

Essentially he’s being thrown under the bus by the club as all anger will be directed at him

Back