We need to win the Scottish cup

Davie Weir

Simple as that, for the season to be any kind of “success” we need to win it. Or at least progress further in Europe to put a positive spin on the season.

But can we really trust this team to get a result on Thursday and Sunday? I hope we can get results but who knows, the way it’s been lately.

Edit: No caps lock this time ;)

Next week will be the same game on the same kind of pitch - There is every chance we are there on the back of a Euro exit - Alarm bells are ringing for me already.

I was only interested in the league.

The wèek after helicopter Sunday Celtic won the cup. They hardly even celebrated.

That's the way I feel this year.

There’s now no option but to win the Scottish Cup. We’re absolutely good enough to achieve it, it’s all down to having the right mentality, and at this point, who knows what team will show up for the cup.

By the end of this week the way we are playing our season will be over.
Braga will be favs to beat us and Hearts will smell blood.

Right now a Scottish Cup win would just be papering over the cracks. That lot are going to win a fourth treble in a row.

We'll produce a great performance in Portugal to go through.

Then Hearts will bully us out of the Cup on Sunday.

Next week will be the same game on the same kind of pitch - There is every chance we are there on the back of a Euro exit - Alarm bells are ringing for me already.
Yeah next week's game will be exactly the same as today and no doubt with the same outcome

This team at the moment will not beat a likely combination of Hearts Sheep/Hibs/mentally challengeds

They can start by proving me wrong and winning next weekend

Winning the Scottish cup would still be progress after the few years of complete misery.
We need to be practical. Next year is going to be much more difficult because of the differences financially between us and them.

At the moment we dont look like we could beat any team never mind a Hearts team that will kick everything that moves and beat us the last time.

Team will need to vastly improve and Hearts on Saturday will be a tough game as they bastards will raise their game

The players just don’t seem capable of winning regularly

Today at 2-1 we should be much better but we seriously have a mentality issue and it’s obvious some of them can’t handle the expectations

Saturday v Hearts is a must not lose game

If we need a replay that’s fine but a loss and the domestic season is over

This team won’t win the SC unless the filth somehow get put out which is highly unlikely

I'll always support my team but we are not getting any good signs just now.
Could be a week to forget next week if we aren't lucky and persist with same tactics could be a right tough week.

We really need to somehow win this Scottish cup because no one else will win it apart from the pedos and we look like the only team on our day that can beat them.

How anyone can contemplate winning a cup is fkn way beyond me. We have no chance, our defence is fucking shocking. Forget the cups, today I witnessed a display by 2 no central defenders which would not have looked out of place on a public park, were winning fcuk all.

I dont fancy us for the SC, after European football as long as it may continue, the season will whimper out.

We will win the Scottish Cup. Might get beaten during the week, but with Borna back and two up front we’ll pump Hearts, then bring on anyone.

I just dont see this team going to tynecastle & out battling hearts, hope they prove me wrong but right now I just cant see it

Been far too long since we won a major trophy the Scottish cup is a must now, progress in Europe would be great aswell

Back