We should be extremely worried about the attitude of this team.

We all get paternity leave, he doesn't. Is this massive change in his life affecting him? It affects every other person, makes them all tired etc. Maybe he needs time away from the team and the pressures to get back to normal.

No more excuses mate you can go off form but do the basics work hard run hard he isn’t .

He put on Davis to control the game. Instead he was overwhelmed. If we had tried to stay on the front foot we'd have won. A good comparison in boxing is Fury v Wilder. First match, he was winning on points and tried to avoid his opponent, who landed a big punch and somehow sneaked a draw. This time around he pummelled him and forced a knockout (technically). He knew he had to stay on the front foot to make sure he wasn't caught with a sucker punch. We didn't.
Exactly. Neither our defence nor our midfield is good enough for us to kill games at a goal ahead. We were pumping them second half until that change. We should have gone for the throat. And just like the Killie game, the manager shat the bed.

The players partied like they won the league in Dubai the week they were off prior to the training camp.

They were celebrating.

Scunnered mate and if they thought Ibrox was tough they ain’t seen nothing yet this team have let us and everyone Gerrard the lot Down they don’t deserve us and have the cheek to moan about the fans lol

Just a team full of players who lack bottle. There was Gary Mac telling us on Friday that there can’t be a question over the players mentality after the Braga turnaround. Yeah, right you are Gary!

Alfie looked totally out of form today, maybe he was knackered from Thursday, but he had the chance to seal the points with that chance that Kamberi made for him, all it needed was a bit of composure and a little side foot dink into the net, instead, he put his foot through it.
Steven Gerrard looked as bit disgusted with the lack of finish.
That said, the midfield engine room has lost form, not just Kamara, but Jack is back to being ordinary and Davis is just poor.
It is our inability to control the flow of a game that is the real problem.
Sure we can move the ball forward but there is simply no real shape of direction in our attacking play.
As for young Hagi, he should really be playing far more centrally, clearly, he is not a wide player.
Disappointing that we have lost the ability to put these teams away.

If you watch the training vids from Dubai, you wil see the management team trying to drill the players to use a system of short sharp passing in the final third around the box, to try and break down stubborn defenses.

You can see the team trying to follow out these orders but it has backfired spectacularly and has actually done the opposite. It's dropped us points. They f*cked up big time imo.

Omg!!! Whit?!!!

They have no idea what it means to people and the fans, to play for Rangers.

A handful of journeymen going through the motions.
Exactly mate,plenty posts on here saying it’s disappointing and frustrating.No doubt the players will say the same,the difference between them and me is I’m gutted to the pit of my stomach,not frustrated or disappointed,it’s a physical pain I doubt some of those players will ever feel.I lived through the kiddyfiddlers first 9 in a row,the only consolation if there are any is this time they are tainted.

Needs to revert to Walter mode when one up, park the bus as these players need results. This will give them build confidence. We don't need to chase another goal in the last 30 mins of a game. shut the door especially away from home.

Needs to revert to Walter mode when one up, park the bus as these players need results. This will give them build confidence. We don't need to chase another goal in the last 30 mins of a game. shut the door especially away from home.

We didn’t though we took Hagi off and reverted back to the formation that wasn’t working

Too many fair weather players not up for a battle. Tavs good as long as it’s sunny but not too sunny n the grass is exactly 2 inches long. Goldson is a good defender as long as he doesn’t have some we pain in the arse striker annoying him all game. Kent is a great player If he has space to run into n he’s not doubled up on whenever he’s on the ball. Well I’m sorry to tell u lads but u play in Scotland sometimes it’s not pretty but u still need to roll the sleeves up n fight for a win. (Not just they 3 the whole team). Say wat u like about the Tim’s. But the core of their team know how to win ugly.

Too many fair weather players not up for a battle. Tavs good as long as it’s sunny but not too sunny n the grass is exactly 2 inches long. Goldson is a good defender as long as he doesn’t have some we pain in the arse striker annoying him all game. Kent is a great player If he has space to run into n he’s not doubled up on whenever he’s on the ball. Well I’m sorry to tell u lads but u play in Scotland sometimes it’s not pretty but u still need to roll the sleeves up n fight for a win. (Not just they 3 the whole team). Say wat u like about the Tim’s. But the core of their team know how to win ugly.

I’d love to argue with you but you’re spot on and it’s galling

They have no idea what it means to people and the fans, to play for Rangers.

A handful of journeymen going through the motions.

Think its wrong to call them journeyman.

I think they dont understand the desire of the other teams when they play us. Not even sure Gerrard is getting it.

We aren’t good enough , we play a one dimensional game with no back up or plan B , we are easy to play against and our mentality is nowhere near what it has to be for a title winning side. Other than that we’re some side.

For what it’s worth, it’s the defence, stupid. No settled CDs , they’re poor whatever combination. Tav can’t defend to save his life and the LB position has been a bomb scare since Waldo was injured.

I'm sure we are working on replacing the career losers in the team. One positive is that the 2 January signings have looked good. Helander should improve us. I'm sure Gerrard and Wilson are looking at mentality as much as ability to improve us in the next transfer window. 9 in a row has been conceded, we just need to improve next year and try to stop them getting another.
would you like to name them because some of them seem to be undroppable.

Agreed.

We should also be extremely worried about how bad our managers tactics are. Today was a shambles, to change it get on top of the game find what should have been a winner. Then change it back to the way it was before when it wasn't working. Fucking mental from Gerrard. His naivety and lack of ability to learn from mistakes is stark.

I wish there was a suitable candidate to replace Gerrard because it is not working now, simple as that.
Other than not playing Katic at all can I ask what tactical change stops two mistakes from hoofs up the park? The subs were made for the right reasons and kamberi changed the game. Davis and Greg coming on were not why we lost that game.

Other than not playing Katic at all can I ask what tactical change stops two mistakes from hoofs up the park? The subs were made for the right reasons and kamberi changed the game. Davis and Greg coming on were not why we lost that game.

We didn't lose.

Kamberi completely changed the game and we should have continued in that style. He switched back to his beloved 433 and we instantly lost our control and dominance over the game.

We didn't lose.

Kamberi completely changed the game and we should have continued in that style. He switched back to his beloved 433 and we instantly lost our control and dominance over the game.
I agree with that but no tactics can combat the types of errors we make to give away cheap goals. Not just Katic. It's a team game and a team problem. Seems that when we make a mistake it turns into goals every single time. Gutted. Felt we were hanging in today and played well on a shocker of a pitch for most of game. We just can't keep giving away these type of goals. Make teams beat us. We beat ourselves.

I agree with that but no tactics can combat the types of errors we make to give away cheap goals. Not just Katic. It's a team game and a team problem. Seems that when we make a mistake it turns into goals every single time. Gutted. Felt we were hanging in today and played well on a shocker of a pitch for most of game. We just can't keep giving away these type of goals. Make teams beat us. We beat ourselves.

It was the same last year, individual errors costing us dearly. I'm worried about for moving forward into next season. It's not an easy thing to sort out. I've said in another thread on Goldson but him and Katic cannot be our CB's next year.

Look at what a loan player from Hibs done he put them all to shame he wanted it he was hungry running his heart out did the dirty work.

Something is very wrong in that dressing room and I don’t think that can be questioned
Agree op

Kamberi played like our team played pre xmas break.

Even if there has been a fall out players should be giving everything for the club and the fans.

I am sick of it

Our best players in the last two games have been two boys brought in on loan on the last day of the transfer window.

These two guys have utterly embarrassed the jokers in situ by showing a willingness to apply themselves and go the extra yard.

If they had anything about them at all, the rest of the squad would be ashamed.

But they won't be, they'll be looking around the dressing room trying to convince themselves that it is someone else's fault. The loser mentality will be thinking, 'phew, look at him, he's more shit than me so that's alright then.'

It is what cowards do.

Goldson, Halliday and Tavernier, the others are young but need to improve, or have won things. Gerrard has got rid of a lot of them to be fair.
Seems reasonable - I agree with Goldson, Halliday and Tav ( not captain material). I would also punt Morelos, Barker, Ojo, Kamara as well. Kent needs a wee sit down on the bench for a while, I think the pressure is getting to him.

Our best players in the last two games have been two boys brought in on loan on the last day of the transfer window.

These two guys have utterly embarrassed the jokers in situ by showing a willingness to apply themselves and go the extra yard.

If they had anything about them at all, the rest of the squad would be ashamed.

But they won't be, they'll be looking around the dressing room trying to convince themselves that it is someone else's fault. The loser mentality will be thinking, 'phew, look at him, he's more shit than me so that's alright then.'

It is what cowards do.

Unfortunatley I agree with you - we have a team of losers and sorry to all you Tav fans - he's not a captain

Or the manager has overworked them in Dubai, and has multiple players playing in a system that doesn't get the best out of them and insists on a formation that doesn't work if Morelos is off his game. We saw how the team responded on Thursday after 60 dreadful minutes, it's not on the players, it's on the manager to get the best out of his players and he simply isn't
Or, alternatively, their attitude is fucking honking and they are not giving it their all.

The attitude stinks, also worrying is the fact Gerrard can’t seem to do anything about it, that and his stubbornness to play the same bloody way every game.
Something is deeply wrong behind the scenes at the club.

I'd be very surprised if the majority of a squad mysteriously lose form simultaneously. It does appear to be attitude and mind set. My concern is the campaign against Morelos has taken its toll on him and he was all too often the main drive behind performances prior to Xmas. The rest seem incapable of performing when he doesn't.
Let’s be honest here. The guy doesn’t speak or read English so this spin we are trying about the media messing with his head is bollocks. The guy wants away as clear as day now. Take the money and run NOW

I agree. He needs to be out of the team for a bit. Kamberi looks ready to play there. But at his best Morelos is incredible.
Let’s be honest here, he is not incredible. He scored goals at the start of the season and bully’s defenders. He’s not got an ounce of dribbling ability or footballing intelligence

Back