Kris Boyd 100% correct - He has just said Katic performance was the worst he has ever seen from a Rangers centre back.

This utter pish makes us look stupid. Worst ever performance? It's not even the worst since we last won the league - Senderos' performance against Celtic was better than Katic today?

Take a night off for %^*& sake.

I wish I had the same memory span as Boyd! Some of the CBS we had over the last 5-6 years still haunt me.

Worst he has ever seen? He was utterly awful, no doubt about it. But hyperbolic nonsense. Russell Martin and Rob Kiernan consistently put in performances just as bad or worse. And that's only within the last 4 or 5 years!
That today topped anything any of them did over 90 mins. By a distance for me.

He was fucking awful.

However I have seen Walter and Dick take players off early due to awful performances.
SG kept him on the full 90.

So he is the main one to blame for that result. Davis should never have came on and Katic should have been off.
Instead of trying to win the game we resorted to a formation that wasn’t working once again and we couldn’t hold a lead once again.

Fùck right off...yes, he was poor today.

Mohsni, Martin, Kiernan.

A lot of tims on here with short memories.

Fùck off
game please?

Kiernan hibs, one daft mistake.. Other games would clarify.

At least 7 howlers today... Never have i seen a worse more abject performance, and i think i know you lol

I get Boyd’s point as he’s pissed off, but sadly we’ve seen plenty that were worse over the last 5 years. However, that doesn’t excuse how horrendous Katic was today.

This thread is probably what Vietnam veterans feel like when they have flash backs. Russell Martin, Cribari, Senderos, Svensson and Rob fucking Kiernan. I need a lie down now.

Kris boyd made a few really good points even if you dont want to hear them.

But lets not kid ourselves, the team is shocking not just Katic.

Questions I would be asking is

why did kent start?
why did kamberi not start?
when relying on attacking fullbacks, what did halliday or tav provide and was this formation the best to adopt?
how come katic made it by halftime and in fact lasted the full match?
what is wrong with morelos he has clearly got a problem and even the most loyal fans are loosing patience.
Why was their no instructions or support from the touchlines.

I've definitely seen worse, but I'm struggling to think of any game that's featured such a poor CB performance, where the culprit has stayed on for 90 minutes when there was a genuine replacement for him unused on the bench.

He has just said Katic performance was the worst he has ever seen from a Rangers centre back.

I have already said this in a deleted and match thread.

This boy needs a long spell on the bench. That was simply a diabolical showing by the boy.
How can he go from looking so good 2019 to looking like a total dud in 2020.?

He is 22yrs old and still learning his trade. How many times has he been excellent? You will get this in any sport, inconsistency. Get behind our players especially our young ones, it does absolutely no good to anyone. We will get there so let's stay united through the good and the bad eh!

As much as I appreciate where Boyd is coming from, he only has to look back at his second spell with us or even when he was there under Le Guen to see poorer defensive displays
name a game were a defender has been as bad as Katic today... In over 30 years of watching i am stumped, we have seen defenders destroyed by decent players, but today ffs, that was embarrassing, the fact Katic came out and said Dykes was on a par with Morelos shows the boy needs help/

He has just said Katic performance was the worst he has ever seen from a Rangers centre back.

This boy needs a long spell on the bench. That was simply a diabolical showing by the boy.

Don't give a toss what Kris has to say.
His comments as usual inconsequential.
Just loves to shout his mouth off to get a headline!
Worst in a rangers jersey ever?
How can you prove that.
Just embarrassing yourself Kris.
As usual!

Katic was woeful today and in a few games recently but unlike people like Martin, etc, he has also had spells of being very good. He also has that inherent fault of being a young CB - who are always prone to diabolical mistakes now and again.

To me we have many players for the midfield and deeper attacking areas but are woefully short of CB experience and numbers. We needed another experienced CB in this squad.

Worst he has ever seen? He was utterly awful, no doubt about it. But hyperbolic nonsense. Russell Martin and Rob Kiernan consistently put in performances just as bad or worse. And that's only within the last 4 or 5 years!
A dud but didn't play in the top flight. I agree Martin was worse than Katic but realistically you're debating between atrocious and bloody awful!

Other than a presence in the opposition box at set pieces, Katic is very poor. He’s consistently making stupid mistakes. The guy drives me nuts, so can only imagine how gerrard feels :rolleyes:

I love Niko but that was abysmal. Especially cushioning the corner for their 2nd..... just clear the box with it FFS

He looked like a young school boy playing his first football game.A dsgracefull performance from a Rangers central defender.
And here me thinking big Johnny Valentine was bad.?he can't possibly play him on Wed.if he does, we'll get tore to bits.This guys confidence has gone, and our midfield's not much better, as were powder puff and have no one who can create an opening for the strikers.Plus we have no leaders on the park..Shambles comes to mind, especially our defence.S.G.get this sorted now, before it's too late.

Our defenders ball watch when they should be attacking the incoming cross. The goals we lose from situations like this are criminal, tbh.

Katic was shite today but Boyd is talking crap as he played in a Rangers side that featured Karl Svensson.

Had a bad bad match today but sadly nowhere near the worst I have seen.

then again I rarely see it the same as KB .

I sense a lack of harmony between Goodson n Katic , on personality level I mean . Not sure if it’s bullshit wromg or not but it just seems there’s So very little support and guidance going on
I don't even think our keeper trust our two central defenders, in saying that he dosen't help much, by staying on hls line at set pieces.omo.

Boyd is only upset like everyone else is as a fan. In fact, I think he posts on here as he fits in perfectly.

What bothers me, is that 2 of our loan players are doing the job. Hagi dragged us out the mire against hibs and Braga, kamberri helped against Braga and started the comeback today. What the hell has happened to the rest. One or 2 players going off form, I would expect to happen, but just about every player makes it almost impossible to change things.

Missing helander a lot
Time will tell. Helander looks like he has a lot of defensive nous about him. But he has also looked like he really struggles for pace. Is he the answer? Maybe. But I am not convinced that all of our central defenders don’t have significant question marks over them and, for me at least, pace is my worry with Helander.

I don’t know what the answer is. I am seeing more problems with this team than I am solutions right now.

Worst he has ever seen? Get a grip.

not defending him, he was awful, but worst I’ve ever seen? Come on

I don't even think our keeper trust our two central defenders, in saying that he dosen't help much, by staying on hls line at set pieces.omo.
I thought McGregor should've came off his line at both goals today. Great shot stopper but doesn't command his box enough when everyone can see his centre halfs didnt play well

Not for me I’m sorry ... as the senior partner in the cb pairing he shows absolutely no leadership qualities at all ... I’m not convinced by him at all
Think leadership is the main problem. We need a snarling fecker to kick backsides on the pitch. Someone who the rest of them will think is pain in the arse, but keeps them on their toes.

Who is coaching them ?

I can’t see us getting anyone higher profile than Gerrard but at present this is a train wreck.

Back