Kris Boyd 100% correct - He has just said Katic performance was the worst he has ever seen from a Rangers centre back.

I've seen far worse.

Martin every week almost. Big Rob.

Konterman v Dundee United.

Senderos.

A selection under le guen and Eck.

Katic was rotten but let's not fall for destroying our full team.

He was absolutely rank and should have been hooked at half time like Kamara the other night.

Gerrard shutting up shop at 2-1 with a defence playing like Laurel & Hardy was soul destroying.

game please?

Kiernan hibs, one daft mistake.. Other games would clarify.

At least 7 howlers today... Never have i seen a worse more abject performance, and i think i know you lol
Kiernan had the same problem as Goldson, Tav as their right back who couldn’t keep weans out a close.

Both CB’s decision making leaves a lot to be desired. I really don’t think they have confidence in each other and there seems to be a lack of understanding between them.

It might just be too raw after today’s game but I wouldn’t be unhappy if at least one left in the summer.

Time will tell. Helander looks like he has a lot of defensive nous about him. But he has also looked like he really struggles for pace. Is he the answer? Maybe. But I am not convinced that all of our central defenders don’t have significant question marks over them and, for me at least, pace is my worry with Helander.

I don’t know what the answer is. I am seeing more problems with this team than I am solutions right now.
Helander reads the game better than any of our Centre Backs and that makes up for his supposed lack of pace. The defence looked very solid when he was paired with Goldson.

No game in particular, he was just shite in almost every game he played, like a little boy lost.
Boyd said that was the worst performance by a Rangers centre half in a single game.. He was as i said 100% correct..

Plenty coming out with poor defenders that played for us, maybe games like the fud Kiernan i the cup final, but this was a 90 minute horror show, not one little mistake.

He has just said Katic performance was the worst he has ever seen from a Rangers centre back.

I have already said this in a deleted and match thread.

This boy needs a long spell on the bench. That was simply a diabolical showing by the boy.
How can he go from looking so good 2019 to looking like a total dud in 2020.?
Yet amazingly missed the Fu©king abject performance from Goldson!
WTF was Goldson doing at the first goal?
How many times a game does this guy need to trip over a ball and be caught in possession, caught under the ball before they realise that he is a major part of the problem in that defence too?

I've seen far worse.

Martin every week almost. Big Rob.

Konterman v Dundee United.

Senderos.

A selection under le guen and Eck.

Katic was rotten but let's not fall for destroying our full team.
Think your digging too deep into his comments. Hes just frustrated like the rest of us. Katic should just let it piss him off and prove him wrong if hes got anything about him.

Karl Svensson on numerous occasions and Bert Konterman in 0-3 loss at home to Killie were much worse than today.

That said, having another centre back on the bench and allowing the Katic performance to continue and worsen in the second half is close to negligence.

He was awful today. Tommy Wright must’ve had the easiest team talk at HT

‘Just keep hoofing it up to Katic and run at him’

another day he clears everything and it’s a wasted tactic but today it was clear nothing was going to be easy the frame of mind he was in.

For me, there’s two things here - a manager needing to deal with It and also a proper captain and teammates helping the player out. A few ex players used to talk of Souness quickly recognising when a player was struggling in a match. Often he would drop deep to help them out, be more verbal around them to talk them through the game.

katic was left to be a scapegoat today.

People just flinging names out there just trying to deflect from Katic.

I have been watching us from the 70s and I reckon Boyd is bang on the money, although to be fair McCrorie v dumbelle at Hampden when he got himself deliberately sent off to put himself out of misery runs it close.

w
Yet amazingly missed the Fu©king abject performance from Goldson!
WTF was Goldson doing at the first goal?
How many times a game does this guy need to trip over a ball and be caught in possession, caught under the ball before they realise that he is a major part of the problem in that defence too?
Goldson has been very poor yes.. But it was not Goldson who shanked the the ball up in the are when easier to put out of play. It was not Goldson that gave away a corner kick for %^*& all, it was not Goldon who pussied at trying to clear the ball from the said corner that led to the goal.. It was not Goldson that swiped at the ball in the first have and completely missed and let the boy almost run through on goal.....

No it was not Nikos fault.. No matter how much i loved the boy he needs to be not playing for us until his head is right.. Obv is not when he says Dykes is as good as Morelos.

It was a shocker from Katic today, and he deserves to be dropped on that performance.
What is more alarming in general is that we have now thrown a lead away 3 times since the winter break, our inability to close games out is unbelievable

Boyd said that was the worst performance by a Rangers centre half in a single game.. He was as i said 100% correct..

Plenty coming out with poor defenders that played for us, maybe games like the fud Kiernan i the cup final, but this was a 90 minute horror show, not one little mistake.

Hey lets not look to much into what Boyd is saying, he is an upset Bear blowing off some steam.

Yes, Katic was dreadful, as bad a CB performance as I have seen in a long time and full deserving of criticism. So bad was he we might not seen him again this season.

We have seen some shocking displays from centre backs and unfortunately the big man's was up there today. He should have been removed at half time to save face but Stevie G hung him out to dry today.

Helander reads the game better than any of our Centre Backs and that makes up for his supposed lack of pace. The defence looked very solid when he was paired with Goldson.
You might indeed be right. But the sample size has been so small that I don't think anyone - Gerrard included - can be sure that Helander is going to emerge as a mainstay in our defence. I hope he does. But it will take 8 - 10 games on the bounce of seeing Helander perform well for me to be convinced. My worry is that every one of our four centre halves might not be as good as most of us thought they were at the start of the season.

w

Goldson has been very poor yes.. But it was not Goldson who shanked the the ball up in the are when easier to put out of play. It was not Goldson that gave away a corner kick for %^*& all, it was not Goldon who pussied at trying to clear the ball from the said corner that led to the goal.. It was not Goldson that swiped at the ball in the first have and completely missed and let the boy almost run through on goal.....

No it was not Nikos fault.. No matter how much i loved the boy he needs to be not playing for us until his head is right.. Obv is not when he says Dykes is as good as Morelos.

Worst he has ever seen? He was utterly awful, no doubt about it. But hyperbolic nonsense. Russell Martin and Rob Kiernan consistently put in performances just as bad or worse. And that's only within the last 4 or 5 years!

This.

Also, Goldson really wasn't much better today.

Katic looked like he’d never seen a football before today, he was abysmal and was instrumental in us losing 2 points, he’s been gash for weeks though along with many others.

Clearly he never noticed the CB's in his own team when he played for us in the championship.

Who sai
w

L.O.L.

Katic would have played better with six pints in him, he played like he'd just done 12 rounds with Tyson Fury. The pundits have called it wrong by blaming complacency when in fact it's a confidence issue as he's never been the same player since Hellander came in ahead of him. He plays on the left hand side yet my wife has a better left foot.
Pics?

Their 1st today was as bad as killie winner .1st lost lost and katic failed to defend 2and just as goldson did

I think Gerrard forgets that his job is to manage the players. He’s responsible for Katic staying on the pitch

I’ve seen worse. It’s certainly up there though, he’ll need serious strength of character to come back from that.

He has just said Katic performance was the worst he has ever seen from a Rangers centre back.

I have already said this in a deleted and match thread.

This boy needs a long spell on the bench. That was simply a diabolical showing by the boy.
How can he go from looking so good 2019 to looking like a total dud in 2020.?

He's lucky enough to forget Jig and Russell Martin then

Poor from Katic but it's Goldson I'm not convinced by as our primary defender. The four centre halves at the club have their own qualities but we need one of them to be in charge and it doesn't look like any of our four can do it.

Cuellar and Bougherra were brilliant but it was Davie Weir who kept it together. He managed to have McCulloch beside him and we even looked fairly comfortable with a 17 year old Danny Wilson next to him.

All four of ours would be excellent alongside someone like that, tough ask finding another player like Weir though.

The big man was comically bad today but I think we all know that he is a vastly better player than most of the 'worser' names being bandied about on this thread.

I've seen worse from Bert Konterman, Julien Rodriguez and many, Wob Kiernan, Phillipe Senderos and loads more.

Katic had a nightmare today but some are getting carried away
Some thrive on heaping as much abuse on our players as possible.

Kent wasnt bad today in spells and still got loads of grief.

Our team and manager deserve criticism since winning at paedo dome.

I want to know why confidence is low and the levels of concentration and application have dropped dramatically.

We have some really good young players. I wouldn't write them all off yet but something is far from right.

Too many games? Too thin a squad? No proper leaders on the park? Crooked refs have added to the woes though it wasnt the ref today.

Some thrive on heaping as much abuse on our players as possible.

Kent wasnt bad today in spells and still got loads of grief.

Our team and manager deserve criticism since winning at paedo dome.

I want to know why confidence is low and the levels of concentration and application have dropped dramatically.

We have some really good young players. I wouldn't write them all off yet but something is far from right.

Too many games? Too thin a squad? No proper leaders on the park? Crooked refs have added to the woes though it wasnt the ref today.
You are spot on mate and blaming individual players or the overall quality of the squad just doesn't answer the question for me. How can we go to winning so many points before the winter break to losing so many in such a short space of time.

Worst he has ever seen? He was utterly awful, no doubt about it. But hyperbolic nonsense. Russell Martin and Rob Kiernan consistently put in performances just as bad or worse. And that's only within the last 4 or 5 years!
Too sensible a post mate

Back