Gerrards conract lets have your thoughts bears

While i wasn't annoyed by the extension when he still had 2 and a half years left on his current deal it was silly to give him a new deal so soon without any trophies to show. But we love a contract extension when there's no urgent need so suppose the club are consistent on that

He will get another season because we have overachieved two seasons in a row in Europe.
In both seasons during the first half we have been exceptional.
However after the winter break we have been abysmal for a number of weeks.
He will get one more chance to sort it out.

End of the season then decide but if we dont win the scottish cup then he should go 2 seasons in a row we have blown it after the break he is showing me nothing that he can solve it.

He needs to change the team up and stop being so predictable. We have a decent squad which doesn’t get used anywhere near enough.

The contract situation as a whole needs looked at as we hand out wage increases like Monopoly money at times to a group of players and manager who’ve won nothing at Rangers.

As much as Morelos has done for Rangers the fact that we are contemplating giving him a 4th new contract is utterly bizarre.

For me you reward winners not players who finish 2nd.

Last edited:
I have plenty of faith in him that it will work eventually it's only his 2nd full season in management consistency comes with experience experience he is gaining all the time I don't think we can get a better manager in in the modern game anyway we would be sacrificing the brand and prestige of him in the game and he clearly has showed he can be an excellent manager we have to back him and the players through this tough patch they are having

It was a populist, reckless and unnecessary gamble to appease the fans after the board's previous fck ups, which included failing to sack, and then not sack, Warburton; appointing Pedro; giving Murty the job on two occasions and having the fcking Aberdeen manager turn us down.

I imagine a pragmatic, dull appointment that'd have been derided on here at the time would have us closer to where we need to be, but hey! At least we saw Gerrard in a Rangers shirt!

This is not a dig at Gerrard post my feeling is that we should have waited to get something in the cabinet before thinking about an extension.Now if the board decided on a change it would cost us millions thoughts bears
The board under any other circumstances would be getting pelters for screw up upon screw up. Unfortunately in our financial position we have both a manager and a board who are nowhere near what we need to succeed on the park but we can’t get rid of them. Frankly I wouldn’t trust them to pick another manager, they are not capable.

I think he’ll go next season. Still plenty of lower Premiership and top end Championship clubs would love to have him, and give him enough money to build a better team than he can with us.

Logically in terms of pure business SG's achievements in Europe will make him viable elsewhere.

Logically an inability to catch Celtic will not do as much damage to people who understand the game and the fact the financial gap was massive will be factored in by other clubs.

On here it's bonfire night so there you go but people running football clubs don't think like punters and he's got market value which is why he got the new contract.

I think he’ll go next season. Still plenty of lower Premiership and top end Championship clubs would love to have him, and give him enough money to build a better team than he can with us.
The 50000 dollar question is then who would we get to replace him I'm sure gary mc would depart as well.

We can't afford to replace him, there are no alternatives and absolutely no manager would want to take on the challenge.
We're a lost cause if Gerrard doesn't get his act together.

It's amazing how fans change in the space of four weeks ... he has made mistakes , he needs to invest in a centre half who will take no prisoners and a similar midfielder. Not so long ago it was free Katic... I hope he is here next season and he can sell Tavernier, Goldson and a few others.

If he goes who would want the post??

He will get another season because we have overachieved two seasons in a row in Europe.
In both seasons during the first half we have been exceptional.
However after the winter break we have been abysmal for a number of weeks.
He will get one more chance to sort it out.
Third time lucky hopefully

It was a populist, reckless and unnecessary gamble to appease the fans after the board's previous fck ups, which included failing to sack, and then not sack, Warburton; appointing Pedro; giving Murty the job on two occasions and having the fcking Aberdeen manager turn us down.

I imagine a pragmatic, dull appointment that'd have been derided on here at the time would have us closer to where we need to be, but hey! At least we saw Gerrard in a Rangers shirt!

Care to name that pragmatic appointment that would've performed better than Garrard?

If we end the season trophyless, I reckon he'll be away of his own accord.

He's a born winner and he's not going to let this shower of lightweights permanently damage his reputation.
God forbid Glasgow Rangers sullies his good name. If he fails to win anything this year then he should be sent packing for being shite. He is lucky we gave him a chance if he doesnt take it then thats on him.

still back the manager and his staff 100%, this is not blind faith but logical, people are just pissed because it's taking longer than they want for meaningful success to be brought back to the club. starting a manager merry-go-round isn't the answer here, just more improvement is needed that is it, people need to have patience and look at the bigger picture instead of wringing there pants everytime we drop points, strong summer recruitment but not wholesale changes is what's required. The league was realistically over but we still have important games to come.

If Morelos doesn’t stink the place out at hampden we have a league cup in the cabinet, can’t blame Gerrard for that.
We played against 10 men for a long period and lost that cup final.

The buck for that and the now unacceptable points gap stops at Gerrard.

100% behind him.
Same for this bear.

reality is we’ve made massive progress on the pitch. Ultimately Celtic have stepped up a gear too.

winning the league was going to take a massive improvement from us and a drop off from then. We’ve had an improvement, they have dropped off, as a result we are where we are (that and dodgy refs, at least 6 of the 12 points are direct results of officials not doing their job)

the problem, rightly or wrongly, is them going for ten in a row. Tainted or not....

Reactions: GF7
I just want us to win something, anything, but it won’t be this season and I fear for the next one.
We’ll more than likely be out of Europe next week, we can’t defend, the season will be over.

Stick but it’s getting close for me. He needs the Scottish cup.

the problem is with the contract extension with the manager and the full back room team it would probably cost the budget for next season to twist. We show our hand far to easily.

Another timely reminder I feel is due about just how close we were to being managed by McInnes.

It's a moot point anyway, Gerrard would walk before being fired. Simply put though you do not sack a manager who is bringing in the money he is from Europe and although doesn't feel like it right now, is on an upwards trajectory both on and off the park.

No new manager for us as well is going to start making them drop points against everyone else. Yes we can improve but the sad reality is that until they start to falter we cannot get close to them for the league.

Back