Match Thread St Johnstone v Rangers - 13:30 Sunday - Sky Sports

Katic was rank from the off and should have been off at 1/2 time, maybe earlier.

Last week Kamara was having a mare and should have been subbed after 15 minutes, but no was kept on.

Why change tactics when we were 2 - 1 up?
Katic or Goldson or Taverier. Take your pick. Three absolute roasters today. Not a defender amongst those three. And McGregor has been shite at the goals we’ve conceded recently as well. Kent and Morelos up front totally off form but starting every match. Those players especially today were utter dross in my opinion. Gerrard to blame tho for selecting same out of form players and not trusting any of the fringe or youth players.

If it wasn’t SG just now we would be going mental with the manager and want him removed.
However we are too scared now in case we get a worse manager. This board are not renowned for making great football decisions.
Unless you gave the manager really stupid money, I don’t think he has the skills as a manager to put a league winning side together.
Would we get a worse one?

Europe should be a wee bonus and not much more.

Our priority should always be the league but I have a suspicion you are right.
IMO and despite previous performances since Dubai, we took our eye off the ball here, took the result for granted (again) and our minds were somewhere else.
You can expect this from inexperienced players who have never had to win in all competitions they've played in.
My worry is that these players don't show any sign of learning from this kind of mistake.

If it wasn’t SG just now we would be going mental with the manager and want him removed.
However we are too scared now in case we get a worse manager. This board are not renowned for making great football decisions.
Unless you gave the manager really stupid money, I don’t think he has the skills as a manager to put a league winning side together.

Europe midweek & SC next weekend........could well see that nail that’s holding Gerrard’s jacket fall out the wall. Over to you gaffer, do you have what it takes?

For me Kamberi was the only positive from today,Our defence is just shambolic our creative men werent very creative and poor Alfie has misslaid his shooting boots.
He was a fresh of breath air and always positive that speaks volumes for the rest of the players who look scrared of making mistakes

We were never first to the ball, and then when we got it our first touch was attrocious. It's like bus-crash instead of a car-crash, and after the crash all their heads and bodies got re-assembled all wrong. Why didn't katic change boots at HT? or why didn't SG put Edmundson on? Something seriously wrong, can only think it's Micro-Management to blame?

Outwith the bheasts Gerrard has had a budget way in excess of other teams but yet it's those teams that we're dropping points to.

At 2 - 2 he was slumped in his seat, hands in pockets - no passion, nothing. Hardly team inspiring behaviour.

He'll be offski in the summer.

maybe I think it's 50/50, but unless we have a serious cash investment it won't make much of a difference, Gerrard is not getting the best out of HIS players but they are not great players anyway and I don't see this squad winning the league...or anything else!

We are tommy burn’s Celtic. A few decent players and the going gets tough fail every time.

On the radio, they said there was a hand ball in the area that Stevie G was going nuts at the 4th official. And two fouls in the box at the end.

The would have got penalties. We don't

Kamberi clearly hand balled it and not one Rangers player complained about the decision. Arfield kicked the ground and fell over, again not a single player complained. Collum didn't deny us anything.

Our last manager to sit in the dug out sulking when things are not going well for the team was PLG. Not good enough Steve, at least try to inspire the team.

Defensive horror show from minute one to 95.
Katic brought back memories of Russell Martin today and Cost us2 goals. Goldson woeful for the first too and could have cost us again twice getting the ball caught under his feet.
Kent has been hiding since the winter break and needs dropped.
Tav looks a shadow of himself and I don’t remember when he last created anything.
We are unrecognisable from the team we were watching pre Xmas.

edit just seen that 2 nd goal again. It’s a frigging lay-off by Katic. What in God’s name was he thinking?

Goldson spent too much time having to worry about Katic he let his own game slip !

20 goal a season striker and young player of the year?

Yes. Look at the pressure we are now under. Fans are angry and the league is now over. That being said, the fans won't wear these performances from now till the end of the season. Those players you've mentioned will not flourish in an environment like that.

Dropping points when in a winning position is shocking for a team of Glasgow Rangers stature.
We have managed to drop a potential one point advantage into a minus 9 points in less than 2 months
Braga gives a potential safesaving season.

Katic had a nightmare today but he's generally solid. Morelos gave the ball away repeatedly, poor movement and finishing poor. Kent does nothing...no assists all season which is shocking. Says it all when our best and outstanding player is a Hibs reject. Gerrard sulking again hardly inspiring.

Pi

pish ,Gerrard made the changes that turned the game , Katic had one of the worst defensive displays I’ve seen

And then he changed his system back by subbing Morelos for Davis and we lost a goal again .

12 behind Celtic staring at a quadruple mentally challenged treble .

This will not add to the "debate". I'm posting out of frustration and anger. We are rank rotten for so long in games now. Absolutely clueless. I still can't work out how we won on Thursday.

Like the above poster I think it's now a probability the tims will win another treble. How much more depressing is this going to get - a fifth treble.

Forget the euphoria of Thursday, that was p!ss poor today and an insult to our fantastic support.
The one time Gerrard makes changes is when they weren’t needed.
We were in control of the game at 2-1.

What’s annoying is I’m not angry it was a continuation of poor form and players underperforming. Today was just another example of poor management and players not fit to wear the shirt of Rangers. Embarrassing and handing the league over with no game management against St Johnstone FFS. I’m not sure if some players need time out from the 1st team but I sure as %^*& do. To end on a happy note is where do we go from here. Is it the manager , the players the board. I just don’t know.

Just back and have to say that was gutless. We should be able to steamroller teams like St Johnstone.
Katic has lost confidence. Morelos needs a goal badly although his support play is still good

As an aside whatever brainless arsehole in out support decided at half time that letting off a smoke bomb in a toilet packed with bears needs his balls well and truly booted.

we would be a fine 5 a side team ,with the goals on the touchlines ,far too many square balls and passes in this area of the park for my liking,just not hurting teams playing like this, they just drop back and cut off any space,we end up running into trouble and turning inside or back on ourselves,we just arent a threat to any well drilled team

Not long back from the game and yet again another disappointment. The 1st half was pathetic. In the last 4 weeks we've thrown the league away.

What I didnt get was changing it after we went 2-1. We were attacking well and creating and may have got a third. Instead we change it, slow it down, it lets them back in and we give them another gift.

Surely you close it out at 3-1 only as we know the defence is fragile.

Bizarre.

I know what you’re saying mate but whatever subs and tactics we deployed, we were still susceptible whenever there was a ball over the top or from a corner. I wonder if SG thought we needed more cover for a very dodgy Katic and Goldson?

Never seen a player look as uncomfortable as Katic did today, how he last the entire game us beyond belief
As other posters have stated we made the right subs to change the game then the wrong sub when I total control
Davis came on I'm assuming for us to keep possession and passed the buck with every pass he made taking no responsibility

Has Gerard lost the dressing room during the January window?

We have went from a midfield 5 with wide players creating chances to a narrow 5 and no chances.

Ojo, Barker and Jones are clearly surplus and only for show on the bench. With Kent our only natural wide player and we know how poor he is at present - the Jersey clearly feels very heavy on him at present.

Kamberi has arrived and Stewart now pushed down the pecking order. So Stewart isn't likely to be as focused or happy

Hagi is a number 10 and isn't going to thrive playing wide in a narrow 5. Indeed he leaves Tav totally exposed.

Unhappy players can often upset others around them in the dressing room. All of a sudden a happy dressing room splits with a group of favoured and unflavoured players.

Kammara has went from going to Juventus to someone we wouldn't get 50k for Dundee to take him back.

We’ve been a real Jekylll & Hyde team this season. Unfortunately, we’ve seen too much of Mr Hyde since 2020 rang in, and it has been costly.
I’m absolutely sickened by the results and performances since the team returned from Dubai. The result against Braga was freakish and, as much as I loved the last half hour on Thursday night, the scoreline only papered over the cracks.

What I didnt get was changing it after we went 2-1. We were attacking well and creating and may have got a third. Instead we change it, slow it down, it lets them back in and we give them another gift.

Surely you close it out at 3-1 only as we know the defence is fragile.

Bizarre.
I said exactly the same,and it's not just down to Gerrard,it's Beale's job to get the shape right and G Mac what the fck is he doing?

That was a pathetic defensive display, if we hadn’t gifted them two stupid goals we would have strolled if. Been one of big Katic’s biggest fans but today he cost us big style

Back