The managers body language

mrdobby

I am getting fed up seeing SG slouching in his chair when things are going wrong. He should be on the touch line encouraging/berating the players.
No way big Jock Wallace or Wattie Smith would just sit looking glum.
As someone who hero worshipped him at Liverpool I cannot understand this attitude. He used to single handedly grab the game by the scruff of the neck.

I am getting fed up seeing SG slouching in his chair when things are going wrong. He should be on the touch line encouraging/berating the players.
No way big Jock Wallace or Wattie Smith would just sit looking glum.
As someone who hero worshipped him at Liverpool I cannot understand this attitude. He used to single handedly grab the game by the scruff of the neck.
Notice this every time things don't go our way in a game. It might sound like a moot point, but it's so obvious. He's a man out of ideas and out of his depth.

Walter Smith sat in the stand whenever possibly.

If you need your boss to jump around like a lunatic to do your job then there's something wrong. Not sure how that makes Katic not defend like a schoolboy or Morelos actually feel like turning up.

It’s blatantly obvious Katic should have been taken off today.

His inability to see/make changes during games has cost him any success here.

If you need your boss to jump around like a lunatic to do your job then there's something wrong. Not sure how that makes Katic not defend like a schoolboy or Morelos actually feel like turning up.

walter smith made his money when things weren’t going well and was seen and out and doing things when things were going wrong

Gerrard hides in the dugout, very much like Murty used to stand head bowed chewing his zip

Gerrard just looks lost and like he hasn’t a clue when things aren’t going well

Walter Smith also had a positive demeanour. You rarely saw him slouched in his seat chewing the top of his coat or with his hands in his pocket looking clueless.

He also had the ability to guide and coach his players through 90 minutes. He was also tactically aware and astute.

When he was angry he got a reaction.

A genuine winner, a leader, a manager who stood inside the technical area and guided his team.

Walter Smith also had a positive demeanour. You rarely saw him slouched in his seat chewing the top of his coat or with his hands in his pocket looking clueless.

He also had the ability to guide and coach his players through 90 minutes. He was also tactically aware and astute.

When he was angry he got a reaction.

A genuine winner, a leader, a manager who stood inside the technical area and guided his team.

You're right about Smith.

I just don't think a grown man should need his manager jumping about to do his job properly and unsure how it translates to players not playing like weans.

You're right about Smith.

I just don't think a grown man should need his manager jumping about to do his job properly and unsure how it translates to players not playing like weans.

Doesn't do Guardiola, Klopp, Conte, Simeone any harm. Look at what Klopp, Conte and Simeone get from the support too. That is also a positive on the team.

I just want a tactically aware manager, a leader, a winner a man who learns from his mistakes and has the ability to make game changing decisions. If he jumps about or not, I couldn't care less but when the going gets tough and Gerrard is slouched in his seat looking down, it's not exactly sending positive messages to players or support.

Doesn't do Guardiola, Klopp, Conte, Simeone any harm. Look at what Klopp, Conte and Simeone get from the support too. That is also a positive on the team.

I just want a tactically aware manager, a leader, a winner a man who learns from his mistakes and has the ability to make game changing decisions. If he jumps about or not, I couldn't care less but when the going gets tough and Gerrard is slouched in his seat looking down, it's not exactly sending positive messages to players or support.

In general, I do take your point mate.

Just think if the players even need that then they are at the wrong club.

Said it for a while but it’s embarrassing

When we’re winning he’s out shouting and always talking to the players
As soon as we’re struggling he sits there with his jacket over his mouth and slumped in his chair

It’s not good enough

It’s blatantly obvious Katic should have been taken off today.

His inability to see/make changes during games has cost him any success here.
Got to agree . No way does he come out for the second half if he was playing for St Johnstone . Kamara on Thursday should have been subbed after half an hour .

I actually think our manager is not Gerrard but Michael Beale he seems to be the one who sorts everything out and you see Gerrard turning to him for help, Not surprising with Gerrard being so new to the coaching role.
Gerrard always looks more upbeat for the European games.

I'm no expert on body language but i noticed he went straight down the tunnel at full time, after handshakes with the opposition bench. He usually stays on the touchline to shake hands with the players as they leave the pitch.

Don’t think anyone will , I think we are stuck with him for financial reasons.

Aye the last 5 weeks have been pish but "stuck with him?"

The progress we've made has been brilliant in his two years.

Celtic being so relentless has caused us a huge problem this year. In terms of our own performance it's been fairly standard for a title winning Rangers team.

I actually think our manager is not Gerrard but Michael Beale he seems to be the one who sorts everything out and you see Gerrard turning to him for help, Not surprising with Gerrard being so new to the coaching role.
I think you are spot on , He does look to Michael Beale. Unfortunately he is as much use as a chocolate teapot

I've said that for a while, Beale makes all the decisions there is no doubt about it.

I think you could see he was really sickened by the defensive errors today. Had a look of slight despair. But he didn't make any change so must shoulder blame. Edmundson for Katic or Edmundson on and 3 at the back when we went ahead.

100% yes.
We will win the Scottish cup this year and for next season you will see changes to players who have constantly let him/us down.
I sincerely hope your right but right now I can only see more of the same and have real concerns that this time next week our season could be over.

Aye the last 5 weeks have been pish but "stuck with him?"

The progress we've made has been brilliant in his two years.

Celtic being so relentless has caused us a huge problem this year. In terms of our own performance it's been fairly standard for a title winning Rangers team.
Tell me what you consider brilliant progress this season to last.

I sincerely hope your right but right now I can only see more of the same and have real concerns that this time next week our season could be over.
Me too. Massive game at Tynecastle. But win that and then do we fail at Hampden again ? Seems the movie's on a loop.

Stands with his hands in his pockets and looks completely disinterested. It was obvious when we started with the same players in the same shape with the same tactics that we wouldn't be leaving with three points and yet again he makes changes far too late. Getting up watching the same nonsense every week.

Noticed that when we were 0-2 down on Thursday he wasn’t on the touch line and only seen him back out after we scored our first

should be out trying to get the players going when we are under pressure

Its not that when hes overwhelmed with emotions when we win. Hes just as pissed off as anybody else when we dont win. Gerrard is the man for the job but he has to change something we cannot continue to play into the hands of teams like hearts and st johnstone.

I’ll admit that I like to see a manager in the Klopp mode, being animated at the side of the park and driving his players on etc..... the managers body language when we’re having a bad game appears questionable. I do believe SG is still the man for the job though

[AQUOTE="cooprfc, post: 5437367, member: 3252"]

[/QUOTE] and go and watch walter smiths reaction because someone wasnt doing there job,while he sat in the stand he went ape shit near gave wee durrant a heart attack.. sorry but there is deffo something wrong amonst our players coaching staff

Back