Celtic's form is making things seem worse.

cooprfc

Forgive the obvious title.

Our own performance this year, points wise, is fairly typical for title chasing and winning Rangers teams.

However, Celtic have hit an unreal run which is about as relentless as weve ever seen this season. I think, from memory, their consecutive dropped points to Livi and Hibs in October are the only points they've dropped to any of the others the whole season. That's almost unprecedented and there's nothing we can do about that other than attempt to keep pace.

Aye we've blown it from a decent January position but, bigger picture, their form is making folk get angrier as its meaning any dropped points is a disaster for us. Most other seasons we'd either still be top, but in the process of squandering a huge mid season lead, or be second but still in with a huge shout.

It's almost impossible for them to do better next season. We need to reveal tolerance and sanity here.

Our own performance this year, points wise, is fairly typical for title chasing and winning Rangers teams.

However, Celtic have hit an unreal run which is about as relentless as weve ever seen this season. I think, from memory, their consecutive dropped points to Livi and Hibs in October are the only points they've dropped to any of the others the whole season. That's almost unprecedented and there's nothing we can do about that other than attempt to keep pace.

Aye we've blown it from a decent January position but, bigger picture, their form is making folk get angrier as its meaning any dropped points is a disaster for us. Most other seasons we'd either still be top, but in the process of squandering a huge mid season lead, or be second but still in with a huge shout.

It's almost impossible for them to do better next season. We need to reveal tolerance and sanity here.
Your last part, they’ve lost two home games in the league in a few years. One of those seasons they went unbeaten in the league. This is basically their norm now

Of course it is. Thats how it works.

if they had dropped 6 points and we were still in with a chance then we would still have a chance.

Its not impossible for them to do it again next year.

Your last part, they’ve lost two home games in the league in a few years. One of those seasons they went unbeaten in the league. This is basically their norm now

Aye but points wise they are on course to do better this year I think or at least similar.

Neil f.cking Lennon leading Celtic to 9 in a row and a quadruple treble is unacceptable having given our manager millions to spend .

we are looking at being even further away from them this year .

no rangers manager should survive being 0/6 over two seasons

We can only hope that they hit run of bad form or lose key players ( preferably both)

Neil f.cking Lennon leading Celtic to 9 in a row and a quadruple treble is unacceptable having given our manager millions to spend .

we are looking at being even further away from them this year .

no rangers manager should survive being 0/6 over two seasons

The threads no about the manager.

no us shitting the bed and turning in to a Championship team straight after the winter break is what's making it seem worse...

I couldn't give a flying %^*& about them, WE should be the team going out and smashing the shite week in and week out...

Correct .

even if they did hit an 'unreal patch' - do you think us not winning our last 3 away games is acceptable? do you think out 'team' shitting themselves against Kilmarnock is in anyway acceptable?

as I said, I don't give a %^*& about them - I worry about what has happened to this squad after the winter break

No I don't. It's not the point of the thread though is it.

Last season we had a similar gap but weren't anywhere near a regular points total. This year we are but we've come up against a rival who have went beyond the normal.

Nope, it's really not.
It's making the same mistakes repeatedly that's making it worse.
We've seen it all before and so have Gerrard and Beale who, unfortunately think it'll somehow turn out differently if we just keep repeating it.

If we’d dropped a few points the fair enough but we have totally capitulated including dropping points to absolutely dreadful sides.

Didn't we say that in 2016-17 when they tanked the league and regularly skelped us by 4 or 5 like it was nothing? History isn't repeating itself; it's the norm.

They have been over the course before. They are using their experience to get through these games. We have shot ourselves in the foot since 29th december

If we’d dropped a few points the fair enough but we have totally capitulated including dropping points to absolutely dreadful sides.

its not just the dropping of points, its our entire team suddenly losing form, our defence is a joke, our midfield practically non-existent and Morelos suddenly loses form

there has to be a reason we don't know about

Some people still saying they are not a good team is daft. We dont like to admit it but the stats show otherwise. Both at home and in europe.

They will continue to do so until we are close and putting pressure on them.

For me it’s no surprise they are battering teams every week while we’re this far behind and getting worse.

It’s when we’re right up there beside them I expect them to struggle a bit more to win games.

Gerrard will be, we have shown enough progress for him to get a 3rd season.

For me anyway.

For me a rangers manager presiding over a quadruple mentally challenged treble with SG presiding over two of them should see him get the sack imo but honestly I don’t see where the club goes from here . Keeping him or sacking him both carry risks .

his excellent results in Europe are protecting him a bit , but he needs the Scottish cup this season at least to give us hope for next season

If next season mirrors this season , he will be gone

lets look at certain players.. our midfield - Davis, what the %^*& has happened to him? Jack, the same, Kamara was talked about as a potential signing for Juventus ffs

Tavernier, to be honest has looked out of sorts all season, Goldson, who should be a leader on the park, goes missing far to many times

Kent just looks like he doesn't know where to play for some reason and even today when he was actually not that bad, he just didn't have that much influence

Katic is a young player, ok he fucked up a lot today, but Goldson, the vice captain did not help him at all

They are not even a good team, they just consistently take care of the dross in the league we drop points against

That makes them a good team.

If we were top of the league by 12 points and knocking off all these same teams we'd be saying we are a good team.

This attitude of they aren't a good side is total nonsense. If that loses me staunch points, so be it. I'd rather deal in reality than have my head in the sand.

its hard to watch ,the lack of basics from the very same players who were flying pre january

i can handle form dips,today morelos an katic couldnt do the simple things,when the ball was at there feet
its not just them either

gerrard has improved us big time,it just pisses me off ,they went 2 up after wee beat them
an our manager has maybe been to faithful to under performing players

at least the last couple he making changes earlier an changing it up

We've dropped 10 points since we came back from the break. I didn't see that coming when we had just skelped the filth at the Glitterdome. Christ knows how it's come to this so quickly, but regardless of their form since, it's still unacceptable and totally sickening.

nonsense ! We can’t beat Hearts Aberdeen St Johnstone or Kilmarnock
Eff all to do with them

I agree to an extent, but today is inexcusable. We’ve known these tactics aren’t working yet no changes are being made.

For me a rangers manager presiding over a quadruple mentally challenged treble with SG presiding over two of them should see him get the sack imo but honestly I don’t see where the club goes from here . Keeping him or sacking him both carry risks .

his excellent results in Europe are protecting him a bit , but he needs the Scottish cup this season at least to give us hope for next season

If next season mirrors this season , he will be gone

I agree about next season, it's league or bust for Gerrard at that point.

Their form is an indication of how bad the rest of the SPL sides are these days. And we’re struggling to beat some of them.

even if they did hit an 'unreal patch' - do you think us not winning our last 3 away games is acceptable? do you think out 'team' shitting themselves against Kilmarnock is in anyway acceptable?

as I said, I don't give a %^*& about them - I worry about what has happened to this squad after the winter break

Read the thread / OP ya throbber. There’s many other threads discussing our awful form that’s not what this is about.

Whether we like it or not they are looking at a similar points total to their invincible season and it’s amplifying the issues we are having.

Celtic's form has been exceptional, however, after the win at Parkhead and putting ourselves in a position to really challenge for the league we've fallen away.

Previous seasons don't come into it - we're dealing with the here and now and the team have let themselves and the fans down over the last 4 weeks.

I agree to an extent, but today is inexcusable. We’ve known these tactics aren’t working yet no changes are being made.

Of course it is. I'm not saying things are ok. But the fact they are dropping nothing is magnifying everything. It's the case that almost every title winning Rangers team of the last 30 years would be behind them at this stage. (Points wise. Of course weve had teams that are better than them).

Read the thread / OP ya throbber. There’s many other threads discussing our awful form that’s not what this is about.

Whether we like it or not they are looking at a similar points total to their invincible season and it’s amplifying the issues we are having.

At last! Someone who reads threads.

No one is saying our recent form is acceptable

im a ‘throbber’ lol

think about this, if we had won all the games since the winter break, we potentially would be ahead of them..

So rather than lauding the tims I choose to focus upon our problems because at the end of the day THATS more important that what the poets are up to!

im a ‘throbber’ lol

think about this, if we had won all the games since the winter break, we potentially would be ahead of them..

So rather than lauding the tims I choose to focus upon our problems because at the end of the day THATS more important that what the poets are up to!

Sorry for the throbber comment that wasn’t needed to a fellow Bear - been a shit day as you’ll agree.

I agree with re our (massive problems) but the point remains their form are making our issues seem bigger. That’s not lauding them it’s stating a fact.

Sorry for the throbber comment that wasn’t needed to a fellow Bear - been a shit day as you’ll agree.

I agree with re our (massive problems) but the point remains their form are making our issues seem bigger. That’s not lauding them it’s stating a fact.

one way to look at is this, if we where winning every game and smashing this shite 4-0 or 5-0 every game? that the Tims wouldn't be under far more pressure? would they still be winning every game so easily? I doubt it

we also wouldn't be crying over every shite referee decision against us

sadly something is deeply wrong with this squad of players, more than we know

:(

Back