Celtic's form is making things seem worse.

They are not even a good team, they just consistently take care of the dross in the league we drop points against
You're burying your head in the sand. They've won 19 of last 20 league matches. They topped their Euro group, beating Lazio (2nd in SerieA) home and away. Won the league cup. Are 90% likely to get to last 16 in EL,and could win next round with favourable draw.

We’ve made it easy for them as we have failed to put them under any sustained pressure. After our win in December the cracks were showing and they were beginning to lose the plot. If we had continued to win I’m convinced they would’ve started panicking. Instead, we failed to win our matches, letting them out of jail and allowing them to play without any fear or pressure.

We’ve made it easy for them as we have failed to put them under any sustained pressure. After our win in December the cracks were showing and they were beginning to lose the plot. If we had continued to win I’m convinced they would’ve started panicking. Instead, we failed to win our matches, letting them out of jail and allowing them to play without any fear or pressure.

This I agree with. I'm not saying our form is fine. But that over the piece we are pretty comparable to what's normally required to be fighting for the title.

You're burying your head in the sand. They've won 19 of last 20 league matches. They topped their Euro group, beating Lazio (2nd in SerieA) home and away. Won the league cup. Are 90% likely to get to last 16 in EL,and could win next round with favourable draw.

They can’t even beat the dross they face in the Champions League qualifiers, unless it’s by smart arse solicitor mode.
They are a very average side and none of their current players would have been good enough to get a game in any of their sides during our 9 in a row era.

It's not about what the kiddy fiddlers are doing. Here's the form table since we f@cked them at the paedodome. Can't begin to explain how much we've fallen away.

the pitch

the weather

the ref

its a project where we have to be shite for 10 years before it'll bear fruit

now its celtc's form

honest to %^*&

It doesnt matter what they do, we had them on their knees in the cup final ready to take an absolute pounding and we couldn't do it, yes the goal was offside but we will never have a better chance to destroy them in a final.

We have dropped 10 points in the league since the winter break, slice that anyway you like it's a disgrace !

We’re ahead of our points total from this time last year. But important to wait until the final game before making comparisons.

It doesnt matter what they do, we had them on their knees in the cup final ready to take an absolute pounding and we couldn't do it, yes the goal was offside but we will never have a better chance to destroy them in a final.

We have dropped 10 points in the league since the winter break, slice that anyway you like it's a disgrace !

Of course it is. That's not the point of the thread.

In Glasgow our form and theirs has always been judge against each others, nothing will ever change that. Celtic are on the best ever run of trophies in the Scottish game, that in itself only magnifies our repeated failures as well as intensifies our longing to get back on top.

i've read more than enough fucking shite on here

that is for sure

And here was me thinking you didn't proofread your posts.

No one is saying Celtic's form is an excuse but more it's magnifying our troubles when our points total is actually pretty decent historically.

In Glasgow our form and theirs has always been judge against each others, nothing will ever change that. Celtic are on the best ever run of trophies in the Scottish game, that in itself only magnifies our repeated failures as well as intensifies our longing to get back on top.

I think that's certainly fair to say mate.

Part of the problem is that our slump has taken the pressure off them. Eg they go to Pittodrie for a win but know that a draw or defeat is not disastrous as we will continue to drop points. They are playing under minimal pressure because of our horrendous form.

On a similar point, by conniving to have us put in the third division they got something which continues to help them: squads of players who are used to winning trophies and consistently beating the rest in Scotland. That gives them mental belief.

Contrast that with our team who minus a few haven’t won anything. A good example of the difference this can make was the LC Final. The team that was mentally stronger found a way to win.

They are not even a good team, they just consistently take care of the dross in the league we drop points against

They are a good team in Scottish terms. Let's not be daft about it. They could win 4 trebles and are at the same stage in Europa League as us. We are also a decent team but don't have the course and distance mentality or the squad depth that years of growth can let you build.

Forgive the obvious title.

Our own performance this year, points wise, is fairly typical for title chasing and winning Rangers teams.

However, Celtic have hit an unreal run which is about as relentless as weve ever seen this season. I think, from memory, their consecutive dropped points to Livi and Hibs in October are the only points they've dropped to any of the others the whole season. That's almost unprecedented and there's nothing we can do about that other than attempt to keep pace.

Aye we've blown it from a decent January position but, bigger picture, their form is making folk get angrier as its meaning any dropped points is a disaster for us. Most other seasons we'd either still be top, but in the process of squandering a huge mid season lead, or be second but still in with a huge shout.

It's almost impossible for them to do better next season. We need to reveal tolerance and sanity here.
Thank fook for someone who gets it. How they've got this run is another debate, but well said OP

Gerrard will be, we have shown enough progress for him to get a 3rd season.

For me anyway.

Progress, what progress?
So Europa league we managed to get through group stage.
League, league cup, losers, Scottish cup will no doubt see us as losers again as well.
This team and management look like losers to me.

People slate Lennon on here all the time but he is at this point an experienced manager who knows how to win trophies in Scotland.

We have a manager who refuses to learn basic lessons and acts surprised when doing the same thing over and over again produces the same result every time.

Progress, what progress?
League, league cup, losers, Scottish cup will no doubt see us as losers again as well.

The thread isn't about the manager but there has been quite blatant progress mate for goodness sake.

Progress, what progress?

If you can't see progress from murty then I don't know what to tell you.

[QUOTE="cooprfc, post: 5440337, member: 3252"quite blatant progress mate for goodness sake.
[/QUOTE]

Has there?
We are no further forward to winning ANYTHING under what we have now.
Since my first game way back in 1963 this despairs me.
I will be dead by the time this 55 comes along.
Its a mess, and our club is now in a position that we probably cant afford to pay off our manager and his backroom staff.
And don't talk about the millions our superstars are worth.
We are now between a rock and a hard place.:(

[QUOTE="cooprfc, post: 5440337, member: 3252"quite blatant progress mate for goodness sake.

Has there?
Its a mess, and our club is now in a position that we probably cant afford to pay off our manager and his backroom staff.
[/QUOTE]

Of course we are further forward to winning things.

We've had a really bad six weeks. But we aren't getting passed around like a scudbook against Celtic now. We are generally, the last six weeks apart, winning at the same rate a Smith team won at. I'm not comparing it to Smith's teams btw but it's progress from the three years we went where we didn't win three consecutive games. Its progress from being routinely leathered in semi finals by then and it's progress from being 5-0 down at their midden after an hour as they won the league.

It may not be enough progress but that's another debate.

No progress FFS.

We haven't keep the pressure on them and they can play with a freedom knowing that a draw or loss isn't a bad thing as we throw away points at a worse rate than this time last season. I'm worried that if we stick by Gerrard and we get to the same position next season will the wheels come off again and then there will be riots never mind a meltdown and at the moment he is stubborn to change a formation/tactics that aren't working domestically and that's were we really need to be winning week in/out and i don't know i'm just worried we will continue to see this story under Gerrard. God help him if we don't win the Scottish Cup at least but i honestly don't see how we get over the line when we struggle to put games to bed.

Has there?

We've had a really bad six weeks. But we aren't getting passed around like a scudbook against Celtic now. We are generally, the last six weeks apart, winning at the same rate a Smith team won at. I'm not comparing it to Smith's teams btw but it's progress from the three years we went where we didn't win three consecutive games. Its progress from being routinely leathered in semi finals by then and it's progress from being 5-0 down at their midden after an hour as they won the league.

No progress FFS.
[/QUOTE]

We are still nowhere near winning anything.
That's the bottom line.

We got 78 points last season and they got 87.

Despite our recent slump we will probably beat 87 points.

Problem is they will get 100.
Depressing reading but true.

It's fine margins though, we tend to drop points through something completely avoidable and they always seem to find a way. That trend has to stop eventually, hopefully sooner than later.

I can't think of many Gerrard games where we have been comprehensively beaten. It's not being able to get over the line.

No progress FFS.

We are still nowhere near winning anything.
That's the bottom line.
[/QUOTE]

Well we are cos we competed in our first final since we got back to the top flight 10 weeks ago and night very well reach another this season. Literally closer to winning things.

Depressing reading but true.

It's fine margins though, we tend to drop points through something completely avoidable and they always seem to find a way. That trend has to stop eventually, hopefully sooner than later.

I can't think of many Gerrard games where we have been comprehensively beaten. It's not being able to get over the line.

Wishful thinking and hoping the tables will turn since we got to the Premiership in 2016 has gotten us to them winning every single domestic trophy available. That hasn't happened; we can't ride that train for much longer, it's just as bad as accepting the inevitability.

Wishful thinking and hoping the tables will turn since we got to the Premiership in 2016 has gotten us to them winning every single domestic trophy available. That hasn't happened; we can't ride that train for much longer, it's just as bad as accepting the inevitability.
Anyone thinking we could have won the league from 2016 onwards was kidding themselves. This season was the first time it was plausible but we are still a good bit away. It's not wishful thinking, it's just the sad reality. We will not win the league until they weaken, doesn't matter who is in the dugout.

They haven't lost a cup game since we have been back in Premiership.

Anyone thinking we could have won the league from 2016 onwards was kidding themselves. This season was the first time it was plausible but we are still a good bit away. It's not wishful thinking, it's just the sad reality. We will not win the league until they weaken, doesn't matter who is in the dugout.

They haven't lost a cup game since we have been back in Premiership.

You're right, and I have said we'll be lucky to get 1 or 2 league titles in the next 15 years because of a drop in their form, but in the long term we cannot accept to consigning ourselves as capitalising on their odd weaknesses. There's no denying that their 10 is an inevitability at this point and the tims reading this form tonight will be having an absolute field day.
But in all honesty I'm lost. I'm numb. I don't know what it will take to be able to restore competitive order and I will not stop trying to fight for it, but there's just so many contradictions in all arguments, there is no one single solution to us stopping their 10.

You're right, and I have said we'll be lucky to get 1 or 2 league titles in the next 15 years because of a drop in their form, but in the long term we cannot accept to consigning ourselves as capitalising on their odd weaknesses. There's no denying that their 10 is an inevitability at this point and the tims reading this form tonight will be having an absolute field day.
But in all honesty I'm lost. I'm numb. I don't know what it will take to be able to restore competitive order and I will not stop trying to fight for it, but there's just so many contradictions in all arguments, there is no one single solution to us stopping their 10.
I don't think anywhere as bad as 15 years especially if we improve at the rate we are.

We just need to accept the reality of them winning 10 and focus on ourselves.

what do we really expect? the filth have had a march on us since we got fkd over and sent down to division 3 , we are getting closer but not yet close enough and the threat of 9 let alone 10 is killing us as fans , unless we get some sugar daddy in to buy better quality players these are the kind of players we have to work with

Lennon made a tactical change to go 3-5-2 during the winter break. They've been on easy street since then, blowing sides away. We came back with the same old 4-3-3 that everyone knows how to counter. It's hardly surprising that they're pulling ahead at a rate of knots.

Part of the problem is that our slump has taken the pressure off them. Eg they go to Pittodrie for a win but know that a draw or defeat is not disastrous as we will continue to drop points. They are playing under minimal pressure because of our horrendous form.

On a similar point, by conniving to have us put in the third division they got something which continues to help them: squads of players who are used to winning trophies and consistently beating the rest in Scotland. That gives them mental belief.

Contrast that with our team who minus a few haven’t won anything. A good example of the difference this can make was the LC Final. The team that was mentally stronger found a way to win.

It allowed them to hoover up the best talent in the country like Armstrong and Christie as well and also let them blood guys like Forrest and McGregor with relatively little pressure on them. They could also take punts on guys like Rogic and Ajer and again give them loads of time to develop with practically zero pressure

Exactly what they wanted, and to think Rangers supporters actually wanted to voluntarily go to the bottom league.

Lennon made a tactical change to go 3-5-2 during the winter break. They've been on easy street since then, blowing sides away. We came back with the same old 4-3-3 that everyone knows how to counter. It's hardly surprising that they're pulling ahead at a rate of knots.

Did he consciously choose to do that or was he forced into it by injury?

Forgive the obvious title.

Our own performance this year, points wise, is fairly typical for title chasing and winning Rangers teams.

However, Celtic have hit an unreal run which is about as relentless as weve ever seen this season. I think, from memory, their consecutive dropped points to Livi and Hibs in October are the only points they've dropped to any of the others the whole season. That's almost unprecedented and there's nothing we can do about that other than attempt to keep pace.

Aye we've blown it from a decent January position but, bigger picture, their form is making folk get angrier as its meaning any dropped points is a disaster for us. Most other seasons we'd either still be top, but in the process of squandering a huge mid season lead, or be second but still in with a huge shout.

It's almost impossible for them to do better next season. We need to reveal tolerance and sanity here.
Forgetting Celtic for a moment , my main concerns are Being 2-0 up at Aberdeen and drawing 2-2. 1-0 up at Tynecastle losing 2-1 , 1-0 up at Rugby park and losing 2-1 , a 0-0 draw at home to a Aberdeen , then 2-1 up today and drawing 2-2. That’s a bad mentality and poor game management from the players and coaching staff , we won’t win anything constantly dropping silly points like that.

I don't think anywhere as bad as 15 years especially if we improve at the rate we are.

We just need to accept the reality of them winning 10 and focus on ourselves.
My worry for us though is how long can we keep investing at the rate we are. Is time running out? Possibly not if Scotland gets 2 champions league places to be fair.

My worry for us though is how long can we keep investing at the rate we are. Is time running out? Possibly not if Scotland gets 2 champions league places to be fair.
I don't think we are investing significantly more than we are bringing in from European competition and we now have valuable assets in some of the players.

We are at the stage now that it's European qualification or sell players; but for us and them that is the reality. That's why they sold biscuit hips

Turd polishing. There is absolute no excuse for our form in 2020. All that matters is we stayed with them and the crashed and burned in spectacularly fashion for a second consecutive season. We also beat them in December so putting it on Celtics form is a cheap way of attempting to take some of the blame away from the management team.

Turd polishing. There is absolute no excuse for our form in 2020. All that matters is we stayed with them and the crashed and burned in spectacularly fashion for a second consecutive season. We also beat them in December so putting it on Celtics form is a cheap way of attempting to take some of the blame away from the management team.

It's a bit of both though, isn't it?

If they dropped a few points here and there then our dropped points wouldn't be quite as catastrophic.

Reactions: GF7

No it's not. No one is excusing the poor form.

Just saying their form which is out of the ordinary is magnifying our dropped points.

In a normal season, for example, they would've dropped maybe four points after the split by now too. Thus the gap would stil be manageable. But they are on course for record points or close to it.

We are also still on course to beat their total from last year and several of our league winning totals.

Theres no excuses for the last few weeks but its conpletely magnified by the fact that they are not dropping a single point.

No it's not. No one is excusing the poor form.

Just saying their form which is out of the ordinary is magnifying our dropped points.

In a normal season, for example, they would've dropped maybe four points after the split by now too. Thus the gap would stil be manageable. But they are on course for record points or close to it.

We are also still on course to beat their total from last year and several of our league winning totals.

Theres no excuses for the last few weeks but its conpletely magnified by the fact that they are not dropping a single point.
87 points has to be our target now this season.

Back