We're linked to Rayhaan Tulloch

JayDee

19-year-old West Brom forward whose contract is up at the end of the season. Has made a couple of sub appearances for their first team. No details given of our alleged interest.

This from the Mirror newspaper in England.

19-year-old West Brom forward whose contract is up at the end of the season. Has made a couple of sub appearances for their first team. No details given of our alleged interest.

Just what we need.

It's difficult to keep buying finished article players at, say, £4-7m when finances require us to penny pinch. We will remain in the market for Bosmans, projects, youths & cross-border loophole types for the foreseeable future. Only a small fraction of our current youths will make it at the club. One per season for a sustained period would be a better return than our youth system has probably ever delivered. Any more than that is a massive bonus.

It's difficult to keep buying finished article players at, say, £4-7m when finances require us to penny pinch. We will remain in the market for Bosmans, projects, youths & cross-border loophole types for the foreseeable future. Only a small fraction of our current youths will make it at the club. One per season for a sustained period would be a better return than our youth system has probably ever delivered. Any more than that is a massive bonus.
Our last £7m purchase is far from the finished article

We have to try to keep unearthing Joe Aribo’s.
We don’t have the money to compete with a lot of championship clubs never mind EPL.
That’s the harsh reality.
Unless new investment with deep pockets comes in, we are going to have to get used to this type of signing being the norm.
The fact that we are over achieving in Europe may make us attractive to someone with a deeper pockets than our current board.
However, while we run on a sustainable model then nothing is going to change.

We have to use this loophole with young players from down south we might just strike it lucky with 1 or 2 of them and we can sell on for a hefty profit

Hopefully he can play the lone striker role or there is no point signing him

We need more than a 19 year old forward from West Brom I’m afraid
Just what we need.
We need experience in the team
yet another project> fk off, surely its time to blood our own or just close down our academy cos these guys have as much chance of breaking in to the first team as i have and ive got asthma,high blood pressure and gout
We need winners.
We need more than him to stop the other mob
I can't find the part of the article that states we are only looking to sign Rayhaan Tulloch and nobody else!?

He's not 25 years old and the finished article so we shouldn't sign him? He might not even be straight into the 1st team squad! I don't think that he will be the only target for the summer somehow.

I hear batman is running around the necropolis in glasgow,its a super hero we need at the moment not another 19yr old kid

People honestly need to use their brains man. Obviously he won’t be our only signing in the summer, but we can’t afford to just go out and buy 5 or 6 proven players this is why the cross border signings are good.

He won't be our main striker and why do people think this? Defoe is 38 now and by bringing him in he'll be a prospect which we will sell on in the future. Use your brain. We bring young raw talent in and sell-on for a large amount in the future it's one of the main ways to progress as a football club.

Lets try our youth team,since rangers fans have and still are investing money into it..
I agree totally. We should be trying and bedding in our own youth. But at the same team keeping a network of youth from around the globe to bring in too. Keep the scouting pool as large and open as possible.

Never heard of the kid so can't pass any judgement, but sometimes it does feel like Grounghog day in the players we get linked with. We are in a difficult market though.

Another “one for the future”?

If we can get players like that on the cheap or some who have come to the end of their contract .ie Arfield ,then this lets us spend our transfer budget on a better level of player .

What about the lads Dapo and Coombes

Dapo is a mile off our first team from what I've seen of him live. He gets brushed off the ball pretty easily. Kennedy is way ahead of him physically and in terms of influence on his team.....albeit a different sort of player.

Coombes is just a kid, looks like a kid, is built like a kid and would get seriously hurt in men's football. Give him time he's about 16/17.

So he can languish on the bench

yet another project> fk off, surely its time to blood our own or just close down our academy cos these guys have as much chance of breaking in to the first team as i have and ive got asthma,high blood pressure and gout
We have little money. Most of this summer's budget will go on Hagi ( that's if he fancies hanging around this shit league and doesn't have better offers)

We have to try to keep unearthing Joe Aribo’s.
We don’t have the money to compete with a lot of championship clubs never mind EPL.
That’s the harsh reality.
Unless new investment with deep pockets comes in, we are going to have to get used to this type of signing being the norm.
The fact that we are over achieving in Europe may make us attractive to someone with a deeper pockets than our current board.
However, while we run on a sustainable model then nothing is going to change.
The deep pockets will not be interested in the chicken feed tv money in the spl

Back