Not the most pressing issue - Tom Miller and the RTV commentary

Herbie53

Tom Miller, the guy is an embarrassment, his commentary on Rangers TV is so difficult to listen to. His co commentators typically are great, Little, Thompson, Smith etc I find are a good listen whereas Tom for me is brutal. His attempts at one liners, quotes, speeches and anecdotes leave us open to criticism and mocking constantly, his speech after the win at their midden in December for example he was singling out their players and talking as thought the league was won - fast forward 2 months and look at us. As I said, by no means the most pressing issue we have at the minute, but for me he cheapens the coverage on RTV, am I alone in this or does anyone else find him pretty insufferable?

He's not a great commentator by any stretch, but he's passionate and not something I'd let bother me OP. We also must pay him too much, he's always on fucking holiday or flying off somewhere! (Jealous loyal)

His speech at the end of our victory at the piggery has really came back to bite him. I cringe every time I see it getting posted on social media.
It’s things like this that come off as unprofessional for me, I get he’s a fan and it’s a high intensity game with a lot riding on it, but representing the club he should have more savvy than to go on the way he did when we’re not even at the split yet. When we win the league he could sing the sash down the mic if he likes but I just think his coverage at times comes across as a fan more than it does a pundit. I’m not saying I prefer the coverage on BT or Sky but I think a club our size must surely have someone we can throw in there who’s maybe a bit better, just my opinion

Seems we’ve run out of threads slating the Manager, the Coaches and the Players. We even have a thread in the Groundstaff. Now we are on to Tom the Commentator. Who’s next? I’m sure I saw a scuff mark on the shoes of the Concierge at the Ibrox front door when I watched the Inside Ibrox from the Braga game. Someone needs to have a word with him.

I am with you OP, he’s a very difficult listen and continually mixes up players and waffles instead of talking about what’s going on. Sky and BT are full of Rangers hating bigots, it doesn’t make Tom a better commentator.
This is my exact feelings mate, the same way I find Ally can be a bit hard to listen to when he’s on the commentary, obviously a hero but his punditry and wee tangents can be murder at times

Seems we’ve run out of threads slating the Manager, the Coaches and the Players. We even have a thread in the Groundstaff. Now we are on to Tom the Commentator. Who’s next? I’m sure I saw a scuff mark on the shoes of the Concierge at the Ibrox front door when I watched the Inside Ibrox from the Braga game. Someone needs to have a word with him.
Everything you've mentioned can definitely be improved in one way or another though.

Do you disagree?

P45 in the morning for the concierge if I were in charge :D!

The speech after that game was absurd. You'd think he'd know better given how Hugh Burns has been reduced to a clown figure on the basis of his over-zealous commentary.

This place is utter mental at times , think ppl just like to have a moan about anything , suppose its all about opinions eh

Aye, because they are literally the only other two commentators on planet earth who could do the job.

Folk pay very decent money for RTV. They are entitled to question things like this.
Thats not the point. You can listen to Tom on RTV or you can listen to Sutton and co. I know who id rather listen to.

Its a bit like the grief the manager and players (rightly at times) get. Id love to see any of you do a better job.

I read on an Aberdeen forum that Rangers TV provide a very biased commentary service. I suppose it would come across like that if you had been listening to BBC Scotland for the last 20 years.

Maybe Tam should introduce a few doric phrases and we could have a Joe Harper interview.

I'm not a fan of his commentary but it's not even the biggest issue with RTV never mind the wider club at the moment.

Legitimate complaint OP but not very well timed :))

Thats not the point. You can listen to Tom on RTV or you can listen to Sutton and co. I know who id rather listen to.

Its a bit like the grief the manager and players (rightly at times) get. Id love to see any of you do a better job.
I’d rather pay a RTV subscription than listen to Sutton and the likes, however, if I’m paying a subscription I’d like the service to be good which in terms of match commentary I think it could be better.
Seem to have a bee in your bonnet this afternoon, hard morning?

Tom Miller, the guy is an embarrassment, his commentary on Rangers TV is so difficult to listen to. His co commentators typically are great, Little, Thompson, Smith etc I find are a good listen whereas Tom for me is brutal. His attempts at one liners, quotes, speeches and anecdotes leave us open to criticism and mocking constantly, his speech after the win at their midden in December for example he was singling out their players and talking as thought the league was won - fast forward 2 months and look at us. As I said, by no means the most pressing issue we have at the minute, but for me he cheapens the coverage on RTV, am I alone in this or does anyone else find him pretty insufferable?
Turn the sound down or go to the game and you won’t hear him

I'm not a fan of his commentary but it's not even the biggest issue with RTV never mind the wider club at the moment.

Legitimate complaint OP but not very well timed :))
I shall learn from my mistakes, seen one too many videos of that speech at the pigsty on twitter and the less ammunition that lot have the better I thought :))

His speech at the end of our victory at the piggery has really came back to bite him. I cringe every time I see it getting posted on social media.

The thing is though that speech was made by one of us specifically FOR us.

It's not Tom's problem is these sad fuckers are watching our games on Rangers TV and behaving like "the Rangers commentator, commentating for Rangers supporters, celebrated a big Rangers win but then they lost some matches so hahahahaha". F*ck that. TV for us, by us, should be biased in our favor.

He fvckin embarrassing. Some of the stuff he’s came out with in years gone by is honestly embarrassing. Needs to go (but by far not our most important issue)

Everything you've mentioned can definitely be improved in one way or another though.

Do you disagree?

Jeez. I’m an auld f*cker and will never see the day when there is absolutely nothing at Ibrox or associated with Rangers that couldn’t be improved upon. You’re just a ‘kid’ in comparison but unfortunately I have to tell you now that neither will you. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

You clearly have a dislike for Tom’s commentary. Plenty disagree. It’s only opinions. It doesn’t mean you are ‘right’ and everyone who enjoys Tom’s commentary is ‘wrong’. There’s always the mute button - or Crocker and Co. In fact, maybe we should lobby RangersTV for a commentary free option on the feed. That might keep everyone happy (now that WOULD be a first).

The thing is though that speech was made by one of us specifically FOR us.

It's not Tom's problem is these sad fuckers are watching our games on Rangers TV and behaving like "the Rangers commentator, commentating for Rangers supporters, celebrated a big Rangers win but then they lost some matches so hahahahaha". F*ck that. TV for us, by us, should be biased in our favor.
Totally get that and agree mate, it’s why I like Little, Smith and Thomson when they’re on because they’re biased while staying professional which is the way I feel it should be. Tom seems like he’d be a good laugh at a speakers night but as the main commentator for RTV I think we could get better that’s all

I shall learn from my mistakes, seen one too many videos of that speech at the pigsty on twitter and the less ammunition that lot have the better I thought :))

F*ck them and their "ammunition".

It'll be a cold day in hell when I let some internet morons make me feel like I shouldn't celebrate my team winning because one day we might lose and the celebrations could be used against me.

F*ck that.

It's the same with clowns like Sutton having their say after the Braga win. All designed to make fans feel what? Ashamed of celebrating when our club wins an absolutely amazing game of football?

The fact that they are using it as ammunition now just shows you how much it hurt them then. F*ck them.

He's a cringey embarrassment, also quite arrogant from what I hear, but the former 2 attributes are essential for the modern day club tv commentator.

I’d rather pay a RTV subscription than listen to Sutton and the likes, however, if I’m paying a subscription I’d like the service to be good which in terms of match commentary I think it could be better.
Seem to have a bee in your bonnet this afternoon, hard morning?
I have a bee in my bonnet? Youre just another poster starting a negative thread, now bitching about the RTV commentator. What next? The fucking tea lady?

The amount of people causing negativity on this forum atm when we really need a bit of positivity is taking the fucking piss.

Go howl at the moon somewhere else ffs.

Back