Rob McLean & Alex Rae

Not sure what Alex Rae did to annoy you?

I agree about MacLean though. Vinegar strokes every time the ball got near our box.

Rae is maybe a wee bit too West of Scotland with some of his pronunciations and colloquialisms but I don't mind him.

Whilst Rob McLean has never had much time for us he's certainly gotten a lot worse than he was when bbc had the rights from 02-04.

McLean seemed to get our players names mixed up almost every time we had the ball. Even in the highlights you can hear it. Maybe he was overexcited at the thought of us making chances.

Can these guys not just comment on what they are watching and not what they were expecting to watch.

According to them every Braga player early on was a real threat and they hardly seemed to notice we were controlling the game.

Alex Rae should know better.
Well after another fine result again against Braga, I see that you have decided to celebrate a great result by giving us all part 2 of a dig at the commentary

BTW what have these 2 ever done to you?

Can these guys not just comment on what they are watching and not what they were expecting to watch.

According to them every Braga player early on was a real threat and they hardly seemed to notice we were controlling the game.

Alex Rae should know better.
could be wrong but don't think i am did i hear McLean say just B4 kickoff this was Rangers last chance of a major trophy this year?
Are we not still in the SC & i've not given up on the league yet

Rae I didn't have a problem with. But McLean? So bloody negative and he seemed to be almost willing them to score.

I like Alex Rae but I don’t enjoy his co-comms. Having said that, give me him over Walker, Sutton et al. any day.

McLean seemed to get our players names mixed up almost every time we had the ball. Even in the highlights you can hear it. Maybe he was overexcited at the thought of us making chances.

Noticed that.

He also used some strange terminology:

That was great ‘ball winning’ by Davis..

What a great ‘leave’ by Goldson.. (he let the ball bounce back to McGregor instead of head it).

Weirdo.

Maclean is just symptomatic of the wider malaise around Scottish football. The commentators do nothing to convey any sort of excitement. I would expect a Scottish commentator to be biased in favour of the Scottish team and be almost willing them on. They're broadcasting to a Scottish audience, in the main.

And yes, for whichever Scottish team is at that stage. Even the one that thinks it is Irish.

McLean has a reputation on here now but I thought both were fine tonight. I do think Scottish commentators, and co-commentators are a bit pessimistic, even defeatist and are always waiting for the roof to fall in. Rangers were pretty comfortable and made all the chances but of course we were bound to regret that, it couldn't last, etc. Ally was the same at halftime. No doubt they are scarred by experience of Scottish teams abroad. But they should be enjoying Rangers' European performances which have given every reason for optimism.

could be wrong but don't think i am did i hear McLean say just B4 kickoff this was Rangers last chance of a major trophy this year?
Exactly the same as I posted in another thread.Another prick who can't be professional in commentary involving us as he is the same as most/all of our press/media wanting us beat at every turn.

Rae needs to have a look at himself and base his commentary on Sutton, biased as %^*&. As for McClean , I hope he's pished his cot at today's result. Dick.

Both were fine on my tv,was on silent for the whole game.
Only sound was me screaming at the telly or when I turned the sound back on for the pen,the goal and any replays of us attacking.

I had BR Live on and the com was constantly urging Braga forward. I was going to turn it down but it's been a long time since I watched a Rangers game where I was so sure the opposition wouldn't score.
It dawned on the commentator around the 92nd minute that Braga weren't going to do it.
To be honest, commentary is a lost art. Looking at the currently motley mob on all outlets it's not getting any better any time soon. Bunch of amateurs.

I thought that Rae was good tonight, generally stayed positive about our performance and no snidey comments

Did McLean say at the beginning of the match that this was our only chance of a trophy?

The bold Rob mentioned at the very end of the game that it should have been done and dusted for Braga first half at Ibrox.

Strange comment at that time because we also had a few chances to score as well.

After our goal Rae made a comment on how the team were playing..his voiced squeaked a bit..Emotion, sounded same way I do when telling similar stories,,,,although a lot less interesting

No he said that the Scottish Cup was our last realistic chance of a trophy, while the playes were walking out in the last 32 of the Europa league. Guy's a disgrace.

McLean has a reputation on here now but I thought both were fine tonight. I do think Scottish commentators, and co-commentators are a bit pessimistic, even defeatist and are always waiting for the roof to fall in. Rangers were pretty comfortable and made all the chances but of course we were bound to regret that, it couldn't last, etc. Ally was the same at halftime. No doubt they are scarred by experience of Scottish teams abroad. But they should be enjoying Rangers' European performances which have given every reason for optimism.
Plenty on here posted that we would regret our missed chances and to be honest I agreed with them. Just the mindset I think, we've all seen it too many times before. All over a team, bang 1-0 down.

Latest posts

Back