Teams in Last 16 draw

rangeral

Takes place Friday 28th February at 12 noon

Live on

BT Sport 1
Eurosport 2

How does the draw work?
  • There are no seedings and no country protection, so teams can face opposition from the same national association.
  • The 16 balls are placed in the large central bowl and shuffled. The first team drawn will play its first match at home against the second team drawn. The same procedure will then be repeated for the other ties.
When do the ties take place?

The first legs are scheduled for Thursday 12 March, with the second legs on Thursday 19 March. Kick-off times are split between 17:55 and 20:00, as they were in the group stage and round of 32. The UEFA administration will organise kick-off times after the draw. The full fixture list, potential reversals and changes of dates will be available soon after the draw.

Rangers (SCO)
Basel (SUI)
İstanbul Başakşehir (TUR)
LASK (AUT)
Leverkusen (GER)
Roma (ITA)
Wolfsburg (GER)
Wolves (ENG)
Getafe (ESP)
Copenhagen (DEN)
Sevilla (ESP)
Manchester United (ENG)
Internazionale Milano (ITA)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
Olympiacos (GRE)
Eintracht Frankfurt (GER) / Salzburg (AUT) playing 5pm 28.2.2020

Last edited:

12th & 19th March

No seeding or country protection

Rangers (SCO)
Basel (SUI)
LASK (AUT)
Leverkusen (GER)
Roma (ITA)
Wolfsburg (GER)
Wolves (ENG)
Getafe (ESP)
Copenhagen (DEN)
Sevilla (ESP)
Manchester United (ENG)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)

Olympiacos (GRE) / Arsenal (ENG) - playing extra time

Only one team from Scotland ?

:)

Looks like Arsenal in the draw, just scored with 7 minutes left in extra time

With the Danes and the Greeks winning tonight - does this affect the co-efficient?

With the Danes and the Greeks winning tonight - does this affect the co-efficient?

Bert Kassies hasn't updated his site yet after tonight's matches, but I believe Copenhagen's victory over Shame FC means Denmark are now back into 13th place with Scotland dropping back to 14th.

14th spot still provides two CL places however, and we could retake 13th spot should we get better results than Copenhagen in the last 16.

Has to be Basel or Copenhagen if we're wanting to progress for me, more than capable of beating those sides over two legs. I just feel the rest are a genuine level above us at the moment but you never know. We are capable of giving Wolves, Olympiakos, LASK and Basaksehir a good run for their money.

Basel are 3rd in the Swiss Super League, 5 pts behind Young Boys and St Gallen who lead the way. Since they came back from their own winter break, they've lost four, drawn one and won one of their league games, including a 2-0 reverse away to Young Boys who we showed we were more than capable of beating in the group stage.

Copenhagen showed they have a good team but I wouldn't place them above anyone we've faced so far in the competition. They too have fallen behind in the league and sit 2nd, 9 points off leaders Midjtylland who we beat home and away in the qualifiers.

LASK are basically my local team. Also my second team after Rangers. I don't think that many of those who say they want them in the next round actually know how good they are. They topped their group and eased past Alkmaar (second in Holland right now) and they are leading the Austrian League ahead of Salzburg, whom they have just beaten away from home a couple of weeks ago.
You really want all that without it being glamorous at all? I certainly do not!

Bt sport highlights saying we’ve lost the 2 champs league places for 21/22 season bcos of tim result

thot that was guaranteed

12th & 19th March

No seeding or country protection

Rangers (SCO)
Basel (SUI)
LASK (AUT)
Leverkusen (GER)
Roma (ITA)
Wolfsburg (GER)
Wolves (ENG)
Getafe (ESP)
Copenhagen (DEN)
Sevilla (ESP)
Manchester United (ENG)
Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)

Olympiacos (GRE) / Arsenal (ENG) - playing extra time

Where can we watch the draw?

Bert Kassies hasn't updated his site yet after tonight's matches, but I believe Copenhagen's victory over Shame FC means Denmark are now back into 13th place with Scotland dropping back to 14th.

14th spot still provides two CL places however, and we could retake 13th spot should we get better results than Copenhagen in the last 16.
Better results? When we pump them you mean? It’s fate :D

Better results? When we pump them you mean? It’s fate :D

For what it's worth I don't think Copenhagen will go any further than the last 16 no matter who they draw.

As for us, I think we have a decent chance of making the quarter finals. Obviously there's one or two teams in the draw we'd probably struggle against, but I'd fancy our chances against most of our potential opponents.

Two wins against Braga show anything is possible.

Back