The Europa Cup draw - Rangers v Bayern Leverkeusen

Tough tie against a good team but then again so was Porto, Fey and Braga. it's a step up from what we have played this season. Got to play our game and see what happens.

Great draw
Probably the 1 team I didn’t want as they are in good form this season, glamour tie but we are the massive underdogs I say.

Mate we’d be saying the same thing if we got Roma Wolves Seville Ac Milan or Man Utd.
It’s winnable.

From the Leverkusen forum

"Perfect lot. Great trip away, athletic rather weak opponents. Second leg at home.
Add to that the fact that Defoe is the top striker from the Rangers for both games and the derby against Celtic is exactly between the games.
Running with us!"

Inter v Getafe
Seville v Roma.

Good news that all 4 won’t be in the quarter final draw,,
That’s the silver lining, if there is one.

Tough, tough draw for Rangers, but if you get through, not only have you knocked out one of the favourites, but at least two more big teams are going out too.

If you can get through to the quarters, it could all open up for you.

Thinking back, we have played well and generally been unlucky against German teams through the years although Werder Bremen bucked that trend.

We beat them last time, we can do it again. Memories of a young Barry Ferguson turning them inside out. We might not have a Ferguson or a Van Bronckhorst but we’ve always got to believe we have a chance.

The guy that has the ‘United Stand’ YouTube channel wanted to avoid Leverkusen and Wolves at all costs, but did fancy a game against Rangers.

I’m blaming my man for this he spoke this in last night by saying he didn’t want them lol let’s see what we’re made of then suit’s us being the underdogs and pleased we’re at home first.

From the Leverkusen forum

"Perfect lot. Great trip away, athletic rather weak opponents. Second leg at home.
Add to that the fact that Defoe is the top striker from the Rangers for both games and the derby against Celtic is exactly between the games.
Running with us!"
Glad they bloody think so, bring it on.
What no tims jumped in with a special relationship yet?

I know nothing about them but going by some of the comments on this thread it’s going to be a big ask. Are they really that good

I'm ok with that, toughie or not.

At least we know what we are going to be up against. I would have been more fearful of Bakshakshir or LASK Linz. Personally, no idea who they are, but must be a decent outfit to get this far.

At least with a 'proper' team, our players know they will need to be 100% tuned in.

Reactions: TQ3
Ive been on their forum already and the general consensus is that they seen us as one of the easier teams to draw.

They are posting things such as "happy with that" etc

Oh dear oh dear
I’d honestly fancy our chances against Manchester United or Wolves but my head tells me Bayern Leverkeusen will beat the shite out of us. Bender brothers and all

Looking at the list last night, that was the first team I picked out as one to avoid. However, it's not a potential banana skin, it's a proper European challenge so bring it on.
Agree.
They’ve got a couple of easier games in between us but are down to play the Monday night before the second leg which may help a bit if that’s not moved. They’ve got Gladbach on the Sunday after the second leg and are battling with them for the CL place so maybe take their eye of the Euro game! I fancy us to get two score draws. Looking forward to the challenge - everything from here is a bonus but we’ve got to think we’re in with a chance.

They ar

They are not any better than Braga, way off the pace in Bundesleague. At this stage you have to be confident. Bring it on.
Only beaten once in 2020 and 2 points off 3rd. Recently beat Dortmund and put 5 past Porto over 2 legs. :p

Tough tie but really looking forward to it, given our performances so far in Europe this season.

Tough draw for us but we have the advantage of not having corrupt officials like father Clancy & co. So that is a bonus for us and the players it's like a breath of fresh air without their corrupt influence.

Very tough tie, these will be far better than Braga make no mistake.

Stadium has a capacity of 30,210. Away allocation will be under 2k.

It's a great, modern stadium but mot much to do around it or in Leverkusen in general. Most Bears will no doubt end up staying in Cologne which is only 15 mins away by train.

Cologne is the nearest airport but Dusseldorf is far bigger and is used by more airlines which means that flights are likely to be cheaper and more available to there.

It's very easy to get to from Dusseldorf.

Finally it's Bayer Leverkusen, not Bayern!

Named after the Bayer pharmaceutical plant. You will notice the huge chimneys with BAYER written on them as you arrive into Leverkusen.

Locomotive Moscow beat them 2-1 away from home.

They aren't world beaters but a decent outfit.

That Havertz is very decent

Ive been on their forum already and the general consensus is that they seen us as one of the easier teams to draw.

They are posting things such as "happy with that" etc
So they should, we are one of the weakest teams left in the tournament, nothing wrong with admitting that. Let's just hope their team is as confident and we give them a fright.

Back