If we beat the Germans.

It certainly takes one of the 'big sides' out of the equation - and a few will take each other out as well.

andrews_marvin_glasgow_rangers_kneeling.jpg

We have already played 16 games (10 wins, 5 draws, 1 defeat).

We have a maximum of 7 games left. Get past Bayer and that will be 5 games left.

There are a lot of good teams left in the tournament, but on our night we could beat any of them.

Leverkusen are a step up from who we have faced so far , watched them v porto and they could have been 3/4 up by half time. They’ve also beat Bayern , Dortmund and Athletico Madrid this season. Young midfielder Havertz is one of the best young players in Europe and they are rapid out wide with Bailey and Diaby. A tough ask , but hopefully with Ibrox behind us we can take something to protect in Germany.

They are only 6 points behind Bayern, we should anticipate a tough couple of games. I know that we all do, but if we do win, then we will have been at our best.

You should realise though, that if we win the Europa League, Gerrard will overnight start interesting PL clubs. Remember, both Steve McLaren and Roy Hodgson got the England job off the back of reaching the UEFA Cup final.

I'd say Inter are the favourites to win the competition, have a good team and most of the time, a good manager. It will be interesting to see if they are still in the Serie A title race at that point though as they'll more likely concentrate on the EL if Juventus/Lazio have got away from them

would expect Man Utd's odds are coming from the betting company being situated in England because they could quite easily make a mess of the game V LASK

Obviously we don't want to get carried away.

This is an incredibly difficult tie.

But if all the favourites go through their ties, and we make it through, the last 8 would be:

Copenhagen, Wolves, Rangers, Shaktar, Inter, Sevilla, Frankfurt, Man U.

If we do get past Leverkusen, none of those teams scare me. In fact I'd say we'd be favourites against at least half.

But if all the favourites go through their ties, and we make it through, the last 8 would be:

If we do get past Leverkusen, none of those teams scare me. In fact I'd say we'd be favourites against at least half.

What are you smoking!?

We've not been favorites since Young Boys

We wouldn’t be favourites in any of those hypothetical last 8 ties mate, other than maybe Copenhagen.

I’ve been surprised by us at every turn in this competition. So proud of them no matter what happens from now on
100% but I’ve seen the Germans a few times on BT Sport and I think this will be a bridge too far sadly. However hope springs eternal as the saying goes!

It's a funny thing. In the Scottish Premiership I worry about us winning. In Europe I feel we can do the job. That doesn't change for Leverkusen. They are a very good team but we've beaten very good teams. It appears to be the bang average shit teams we seem to be struggling with.

Why is that?????

We'll maybe turn up tomorrow and not be able to beat Hearts. Which based on our Euro performances would be a fucking disgrace. However, would be perfectly expected.

We need to up our game. So much more capable it's unreal.

We accept we'll lose a couple goals over the 2 games so we just have to take our chances. The breath of fresh air is we dont have to worry about the refs !

100% but I’ve seen the Germans a few times on BT Sport and I think this will be a bridge too far sadly. However hope springs eternal as the saying goes!
Think you might be right! We can hold our heads high. Have shown the rest of Europe that we are back. Highlighted even more so by the tims exiting before us, lovely

You should realise though, that if we win the Europa League, Gerrard will overnight start interesting PL clubs. Remember, both Steve McLaren and Roy Hodgson got the England job off the back of reaching the UEFA Cup final.
If we win it I wouldn’t give a %^*& who was interested in him,he’ll become a legend of this great club.

“Obviously we don’t want to get carried away”
Far to late for that.

BL are as good as any side left in this competition. If, and it's a very big IF, we manage to negotiate a way past them, then there's no reason whatsoever not to have real hope of going all the way.

Back