Docherty reminds me of a young Arfield

Doing fine at Hibs, like he done at Hamilton.

Different ball game here.

Thats the bottom line really. Maybe he’s worth one more shot though? But he’d certainly need to show something in a blue shirt when faced with a packed defence

I think we need players like him to help us against the Hearts,St Johnstons and Motherwells of this League,we haven't exactly been blowing them away recently have we ?we have an annoying tendance to over complicate things against some of the so called diddy teams and someone with a more direct approach could help us,I for one wouldn't be against him getting another shot

A midfielder who plays at a very consistent level standing out in the SPFL
Midfielder who contributes with goals and assists

Fek that weve got barker jones ojo who contribute so much
And on recent form in the league Davis and Jack

why on earth would we want one of the leagues current top performers

I still hope he can make it with us
I’m the same. We can be too impatient with young players. He’s a great prospect and would love us to nurture a grow him.
I can also understand that we have no time for sentimental decisions.
It’s a tough one.

Completely
Hibs play teams like killie hearts Hamilton Motherwell St Johnstone

Doc plays very well it seems against that level

would be pointless having a player stand out against hearts St Johnstone Motherwell etc
Could be doing with a few that can play against them! The boy should get a chance in our team now we have better players than when he first arrived!

I like Docherty but I've not time for sentiments.

If we want to be real about winning domestically, we bin players like him.
Yep. We need to get back to exciting young Internationals. Docherty will do a job for Hibs biy not for us. We need much much better.

A midfielder who plays at a very consistent level standing out in the SPFL
Midfielder who contributes with goals and assists

Fek that weve got barker jones ojo who contribute so much
And on recent form in the league Davis and Jack

why on earth would we want one of the leagues current top performers

Maybe because when he plays with Hibs he's not faced with a team defending deep and no space in behind.

It's a totally different level playing midfield for mid table Hibs, where teams fancy their chances against you, compared to Rangers, where teams are only interested in stopping you play and defending deep.

I like Greg, but he's a good bit off the technical quality of our midfield last night.

The thing is sometimes players need to make it away from Rangers to make it at Rangers.

Arfield at his age would not have made it at Rangers.

He needed to develop at Falkirk, league 1, Championship and even EPL.

It can be argued at what stage in that development he became good enough for us.

Doherty I feel is probably similar.

People talk about both Docherty and Mccrorie and how they need to improve their use of the ball to make it with us - look at our midfielders use of the ball in the past 6 weeks and tell me that mccrorie and Docherty wouldn't have done at least as well at times.

We can't be relying on having 4 midfielders in squad when we play a system that consistently has 3 midfielders on the park at all times!

That's his level seems to be a strange one for me. I think some forget 1. we play in the same league and 2. Some players from this league have gone on to be very good players at a high level.

Needs more time.

Completely
Hibs play teams like killie hearts Hamilton Motherwell St Johnstone

Doc plays very well it seems against that level

would be pointless having a player stand out against hearts St Johnstone Motherwell etc
Fantastic and player of the year at Shrewsbury as well.

Nevermind Arfield reminds me of a 17 yr old Barry Ferguson.

It’s ridiculous if we do t give this boy a chance. Same with Ross McCrorie. Europe is all very well but we need to win games in the League we play in. To do that we need battlers.

You don’t think he’s had chances.
However, I do hope he get another and proves the manager wrong.
I doubt it though.
Our needs are different to those of Hibernian
He had a. Chance in murtys midfield of half fit out of position team

Mandy king got more game time
Aye Andy king

2 kids got game time v Stranraer

ridiculous that he is at Hibs

On current form no comparison mate

doc is head and shoulders above them all bar Arfield
That’s before you chuck in our useful squad members Kamara ojo Barker Polster Halliday etc

Doc may well develop to the level required for our midfield and I really hope he does, but he's certainly not there at the moment.

He's one I really want to see make it, but his passing, positional sense, control all need to improve.

You talk about Kamara.

I suggest you watch his midfield performances in the LC Final and at the piggery on the 29th December.

Absolute midfield masterclasses and he's going to the Euros as a first pick for a Finland team way superior to Scotland.

Yes his form has shaded recently, but remember he's the same age as Doc and has a lot of developing still to do.

Halliday is full back cover, Barker and Ojo are forwards, so I don't see what relevance they have to Doc's situation mate.

For those decrying the fact that he’s performing in our league for Hibs and suggesting that’s his level...Remember McGinn? Need I say more, ok I will, Docherty has not had a fair crack of the whip under SG.
Every average Scottish midfielder is John McGinn, every lower league striker is Jamie Vardy & every old defender is Davie Weir. Any more lazy and often wrong arguments?

Like Thursday night when he covered every blade of grass on the pitch?

Some of the shite posted on here about Arfield is bordering on embarrassing.

a lot of our players get it worse. I just think he runs about a bit headless most times and technically not the greatest. I’ve been a bit pissed off with the deep lying position and waiting the ball.

opinions eh

Kamara

aye we have him as well

ffs we have about 8 first team player nowhere near Doc level

I think our Champions League winning captain and midfielder Manager knows a thing or two about a decent midfielder and what he wants from them. Unfortunately Docherty hasn't shown him it yet and I am one who really wants Greg to succeed at Rangers, he's one of us.

Back