Aberdeen face losing up to £5M and are "fighting for their future" as Coronavirus crisis deepens

Does this mean that there is a better chance of the remaining games actually being played rather than just hand the lowlifes the league title?
If other clubs are desperate for an income they may vote for the games to be played rather than just vote for the season to end as is.
Don't get me wrong, I don't mind these clubs suffering, but it could also be to our advantage.

oDZsuOl.gif

:))

Tell you what when football starts back going to be some 3rd division ... hibs hearts dundee utd aberdeen im sure they will enjoy the "journey" back up !

I don't think it will be easy for us but if any club can survive this its us. 2012 was a much bigger hit to us than this. I wish Aberdeen everything they wished for us. Short sighted? Maybe, but that's life. Maybe if the likes of Aberdeen hadn't behaved the way they did in 2012 there would be more of a pulling together for the good of the game. Anyway, if it gets that bad for them they could raise the phone to their pals in the east end of Glasgow. They were best of buddies not that long ago and Celtic are 'cash rich.'

Incredible that it doesn’t seem to register with the folk posting these threads.
They must think we operate on a different frequency.

And we will have outgoings that will dwarf every other team in this country bar the Tims.

If only it was as easy as "we have got the Europa League Money". That's probably been ear marked for Kent's transfer fee, never mind this.

Oh no, not Aberdeen. Such a terrible misfortune to befall this bastion of Scottish football....................

............. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!

Is that all? Ours is about £20 million with %^*& all coming in.

I will leave the schadenfreude to others on this thread that seem to want to bury their head in the sand.

If Aberdeen or any club for that matter end up in the financial mire through their own incompetence then yes fu.ck them but these circumstances are unprecedented and if fans don't think we will be affected with no income stream for a prolonged period they are deluding themselves.

It might be that we will have to cut our cloth accordingly however that doesn't mean we have to be sympathetic to clubs that tried to kill us.
Celtic will not escape this either no matter what there scummy fans think

I think a lot of us are quick to jump in and gloat here forgetting we arent making money either.

I get the whole attitude of "f/ck the lot of them". 2012 is still raw for us all how we were treated by every other club (and the shite from their fans).

But we have hardly been operating a sound business model in the past couple of years. Even if we were / are, this would still hit hard.

Thought there was fresh investment coming in and what about the Europa money??

I hope I'm wrong but with stock markets crashing around the globe and economies predicted to be in meltdown for the foreseeable future I suspect out proposed investor will have other priorities right now. Rangers fan or not. This will be a problem for us, lets just hope the current Directors and Investors are in a position to help see us through. I certainly won't be crowing about the potential fate of others right now.

If anything, given out existing shortfalls, it puts us under even more pressure with no income.
I’d be more than happy to buy my season ticket even if it means the season won’t start till whenever
You can guarantee the majority of fans will and for those that don’t there will be fans on the waiting list that’ll snap there seats up.

I’d be more than happy to buy my season ticket even if it means the season won’t start till whenever
You can guarantee the majority of fans will and for those that don’t there will be fans on the waiting list that’ll snap there seats up.

If this goes on 6-9 months as anticipated, I'm not sure the majority of fans will be in the position to cough up £400 for a ST - particularly if we've no idea when the season is going to begin.

Much as I don’t like them, and might even a couple of weeks ago have shared the sentiment expressed by many on here, I confess that I take no pleasure in seeing anyone suffer at the moment. This Coronavirus is absolutely awful - for the health and lives of so many and for the jobs and prosperity of so many people in our country.
Thats very magnanimous of you,,but i take great pleasure in seeing them struggle and would raise a glass if they folded. Unlike them our support will bail out our club. Theyll receive no sympathy from me

Back