Warburton on sky sports with Rangers gear around room

He said alot of nonsense being spouted about what will happen when football starts up again, and folk need to accept a shorter season next year or single leg cup matches, and just get on with it.

Straight talking.

He said alot of nonsense being spouted about what will happen when football starts up again, and folk need to accept a shorter season next year or single leg cup matches, and just get on with it.

Straight talking.

Domestic cup games should always be single leg anyway IMO. Would make them more exciting.

We'd be better off not having threads on Warburton, it descends into the same shite every time. He got us back, he got us our first win against them in several years, he had us actually looking like a good football team again. Good luck to the guy.

folk forget he had no real money to spend. Despite that we were playing some great stuff, albeit against championship opposition. Job in the top league was beyond him.

We'd be better off not having threads on Warburton, it descends into the same shite every time. He got us back, he got us our first win against them in several years, he had us actually looking like a good football team again. Good luck to the guy.
I don't think that's the reason fans don't remember him fondly it's more down to talking to Nottingham Forest behind the clubs back and then threatening to sue the club when be left

He's probably realised we're the biggest club he's over going to manage and we'll be the highlight of his career.

I am sure managing Rangers is a massive part of Warburton's life. Would have meant a lot to him and he's bound to want to memorabilia.

However, he offered nothing to in his time at Rangers. Or after he left Rangers and is a part of our existence best left ignored in all honesty.

I don't think that's the reason fans don't remember him fondly it's more down to talking to Nottingham Forest behind the clubs back and then threatening to sue the club when be left
Aye granted, that leaves a sour taste but he did a lot of good for us in a fairly short period of time. He wasn't a Rangers man, which people seem to.forget. Ultimately I'd bet that most of the people decrying him because of the way he conducted himself regarding Nottingham Forest and using his morality as a reason to dislike him likely would also call Pedro every name under the sun, despite the fact he was nothing but professional and one of very few to call out the refereeing decisions against us, albeit he flopped as a manager.

It was by miles the best and biggest job he will ever have, and I think he knows it.

I'll never understand what he did. We were in great form doing so well, then we hit a brick wall and couldn't perform. Sounds familiar now.

He always seemed to me like the right appointment at the time, I wonder whether things would have worked out different if we had won that cup final

He always seemed to me like the right appointment at the time, I wonder whether things would have worked out different if we had won that cup final
That was the day that sealed his fate for me,when he said it was a good day out I knew he was never suited to be the Rangers manager,when is Rangers losing any game especially a cup final a ’good day out’

The forest situation was the final straw upto that point I still had hope he could find a way

We had our good moments with him but it was never destined to be a long term relationship. Hope he does well where he is now.

He probably has kept items because he knows now how huge the Rangers job is! Few will until they are in the hot seat? Was way out of his depth in the end and he knows it.

Was a decent interview, just getting interesting then presenter cut him short!! Old boot.

The forest situation was the final straw upto that point I still had hope he could find a way
I enjoyed the way he tried to play football especially the first wee while he was with us and tbh he didn't get as much financial backing as managers after him have had but he was defensively naive and couldn't wait to get out imo

Was a decent interview, just getting interesting then presenter cut him short!! Old boot.

Yeah an odd finish, and not like they were rushing to a advert break at quarter past.

where is the usual sky sports totty when you need them

Warburton is a decent guy, I wish him well. Some of the total garbage spouted on here about him - from people who have no clue about the circumstances around his departure- is frightening.

His first season, he gave us as massive boost and it felt like we were going places. Until the Scottish cup final when he lost the plot.

Blowing the Scottish Cup was unforgivable. Every week we were losing goals from corner kicks. Never won any of our final five league games.
What did Warburton and Weir do about it?

They allowed our players to go on holiday for a week. We played the final still on holiday mode oh and lost the match thanks to yet another lost goal from a corner.

Davie Weir actually had a brass neck to admit he didn't lose any sleep from our sloppy defence.

Back