How do you think pro football is coming across during the crisis?

Professor Yaffle

Official Ticketer
Some clubs, players, managers are coming across well but most are not in my opinion.

Some rich clubs are taking the piss and taking advantage of government schemes.

Ashley being a disgrace as per usual.

People are losing their lives, there is no football. The public are either losing their jobs or confined to the house yet clubs want fans cash for next season despite not having a clue what they may look like.

Not to mention the high or huge salaries players are pocketing when the clubs arent earning.

Then there are the clubs who seem to care only about winning and not so much public health.

Fair play to the likes of the Brighton manager for volunteering pay cut to save jobs and others who have either taken cuts or donated to good causes to find a vaccine etc.

Whlist folk suffer losses both with health and financially football isnt so important. It will be good when it is safe to resume but will all clubs survive? Will some fans be fed up with clubs and players attitudes to money?

In two minds how I'll feel if Rangers take cash soon for next season but recognise the club needs cash.

Also the uncertainty and lack of leadership from UEFA SPFL etc is poor.

A lot of it just doesnt sit particularly well with me.

What say you?

Last edited:
Not good but so far but to be honest we’ve not heard from all clubs.

I think they've shown greed, arrogance, lack of leadership and complete ignorance of a world wide crisis.

No normal season ticket holder or fan could take a 70% wage cut on a voluntary basis, many have been furloughed or even made redundant, but if you were on a 6 figure A WEEK, salary, I'm sure you'd try and make ends meet, instead they're lauded for their understanding and moralistic approach.

To be honest, the majority have sickened me.

I think clubs are playing a very dangerous game, some of their supporters are dying and some of the others might not have jobs once this is over.......fans have long memories and they'll remember the hardship they have went thru whilst some of the clubs tried to 'protect' their players

If we needed anymore proof that football clubs & players live on a total different planet from the rest of us, this crisis has proved that

We've always known it but its only at times of crisis we make a big deal of what players earn. Yes its obscene that someone gets more in a month than most will make in a lifetime but we've all encouraged it.
Society in general has to reset its thinking. We've created the monsters here and we shouldn't be surprised the selfish bastards are behaving the way they are

As is the case in most walks of life when tragedy strikes there will be some who show leadership and great dignity and who will invariably do the right thing. The football world is no exception and we have seen evidence of this in recent weeks.
Sadly there are also those who will show no empathy or sympathy, who will take advantage of any opportunity others misfortune may present them with, and who are uncaring and driven by self interest.
Football have far too many who fall into this second group.
At a time where the world is facing a global pandemic and people are losing their lives, when others are putting their own lives on the line to save others, when people face losing their livelihoods, the fact that some of the pompous overpaid stars are hesitating to offer a wage cut to protect the ordinary staff at their club reflects badly on the players.
The fact that the clubs are more interested in baubles and protecting TV and sponsorship deals while continuing to pay inflated salaries to playing staff and furloughing others will absolutely disgust most people and unless they change their attitude soon it will be the biggest PR disaster and misreading of the customer since Ratner's faux pas.
Public opinion of them is pretty low at this time and will potentially fall even further

Football is struggling to appreciate that even they are affected by global events. There's an increasing desperation as it lurches from one restart date to another in a belief that we'll be playing soon.

There is no leadership as clubs scramble in self-interest. Patronising PFA statements don't help either. It's not a surprise, though - the majority of players really are self-absorbed twats and treat the support with contempt. A little badge-kissing and apparently fans should be satisfied.

I hope a sea-change occurs in football following this.

EDIT: And I've just seen the thread where there's thought of playing games in China. WTF...

Football is struggling to appreciate that even they are affected by global events. There's an increasing desperation as it lurches from one restart date to another in a belief that we'll be playing soon.

There is no leadership as clubs scramble in self-interest. Patronising PFA statements don't help either. It's not a surprise, though - the majority of players really are self-absorbed twats and treat the support with contempt. A little badge-kissing and apparently fans should be satisfied.

I hope a sea-change occurs in football following this.
Certainly not the working man's game.

Greed spoils many things. Football. People. Humility. Countries. All sorts and it sucks

Some clubs, players, managers are coming across well but most are not in my opinion.

People are losing their lives, there is no football. The public are either losing their jobs or confined to the house yet clubs want fans cash for next season despite not having a clue what they may look like.

Not to mention the high or huge salaries players are pocketing when the clubs arent earning.

Then there are the clubs who seem to care only about winning and not so much public health.

Fair play to the likes of the Brighton manager for volunteering pay cut to save jobs and others who have either taken cuts or donated to good causes to find a vaccine etc.

Whlist folk suffer losses both with health and financially football isnt so important. It will be good when it is safe to resume but will all clubs survive? Will some fans be fed up with clubs and players attitudes to money?

In two minds how I'll feel if Rangers take cash soon for next season but recognise the club needs cash.

What say you?
Football in general seems to lack any self awareness of how serious this is.

What gals me is someone like Daniel Levy given a wage of 7 mill last year still actually taking a dime out when other non playing staff take a pay cut. I get that everyone has Bill's to pay but that's a piss take.

Also a pisstake asking the taxpayer to pay for staff through the furlough scheme when you have playing staff not dropping a dime. Fair play to Juventus and barcelona.

Typical of the overpaid overhyped English prem players and owners to act like the self centred cunts that they are (grealish etc).
Only way to stop these vast sums which they earn is to bring in a salary cap on clubs.
I remember when in 2012 liam ridgewell was at wba and earning 38k a week, he thought it was funny to wipe his arris with £20 notes and flush them down the toilet.

Last edited:
Feeling really scunnered with it all, Our players should have came out and said, That they take a huge cut in wages until things start getting back to normal, The money in the game is ruining it.
Not sure but with the guy taking over the helm from King, he maybe has a lot to deal with right now
and has not got round to asking the players what they think yet? Waiting to see how season tickets sales go and we also don't have a big wage bill like the paedos, but enough to keep us going for a spell? Maybe we can just hold back a bit longer to see how things go? Who's been paid off for now at Ibrox?

If I said what I truely mean i would be banned forever.

I hope they all take a look st themselves.

All the fans throughout the world put every single one of these players in the lovely lifestyle they have grown accustom to.

Their turn to give the.ordinary punter something back

If I said what I truely mean i would be banned forever.

I hope they all take a look st themselves.

All the fans throughout the world put every single one of these players in the lovely lifestyle they have grown accustom to.

Their turn to give the.ordinary punter something back

embarrassing when you see the national manager, for example, taking a 10% cut.

even more, embarrassing football clubs with healthy bank balances using a government scheme that was set up for the needy during this horrible time.

I think this may finish a lot of people with football tbh. I don’t think I’ll be continuing paying for Sky, BT etc after this. It’s leaving a very sour taste so far. We’ll see what comes of this in the next few days/weeks but the damage may be done.

As soon as the OF game was called off i phoned virgin and cancelled Sky sports.
The revelations that Spurs have put some of their employee's on furlough has absolutely sickened me.
I believe the furlough process was a knee jerk reaction from the government to help the businesses who may end up on the brink and assist employees positions.
The likes of Spurs and their wage structure should be no where near claiming this, they are just effin up the process where more are needy.
In Scotland the corona leeches any other time of the year love to lord over us how much cash they have in the bank low and behold are first in there as well.
Absolutely disgusting.
Sky sports can take a flying fluck , i won't be renewing.

Last edited:
Very badly but not surprising.

Clarke took a whopping 10% cut which is so embarrassing to be made public in all honesty. If I was him I would be regretting that decision.

EPL players should be falling over themselves to take voluntary 50% cuts but most have been strangely silent which maybe points to them being led by the PFA/agents.

EPL clubs have once again shown how badly run and out of touch they are with society that they are laying non-playing staff off and going to the government for a hand out all whilst paying other members of staff hundreds of thousands per week for doing nothing.

What say you?
Used to be a sport for the working man founded on working man's principles now it's the farthest thing from it the money men's immoral playground

I'm sickened by football in general.

Wonder if tv companies are being arses.

I think that could be an issue - payments due from broadcasters and sponsors may not be as much as the EPL clubs expected as it doesn't look like a full set of fixtures is going to be played.

Wouldn't surprise me if some of the EPL clubs start crying wolf in the next few weeks and months.

I think players have reacted as the majority do, being selfish arseholes...with and earning a lot of money in a week that normal folk earn in 3-4yrs..
If they were furloughed, they were guaranteed 80% of wages from government, still more than most..
However, read couple of weeks ago that Ronaldo was willing to give the hotels he owns to the medical services if needed and he'd also pay the wages of the medical staff looking after victims.. ..

I think this may finish a lot of people with football tbh. I don’t think I’ll be continuing paying for Sky, BT etc after this. It’s leaving a very sour taste so far. We’ll see what comes of this in the next few days/weeks but the damage may be done.
Ronaldos offered the use of his 3 hotels he owns for medical treatment, and he's willing to pay the wages of the staff there looking after folk..
99.999% of them aren't all bad..

Back