Falkirk statement

A lot of clubs positions are going to be restructure the league, we vote to end the season. Not vice versa.
An obstacle to this, I imagine, would be their shiny new TV deal, which I presume was based on a 12 team league. Shame that.

The SPFL Premier League clubs have no appetite to dilute the monies they receive - they 'aint gonna hand Celtic a title for less money.

Reactions: Del
Going by the Raith Rovers Chairman's statement the Championship don't look like supporting the SPFL proposals (and Raith are in favour themselves).

Would that sink the proposal? If the championship KO’d it? Do they all have to back it?

Looking at the statements coming out from Hearts, Falkirk etc tonight, it is clear that they don't trust Doncaster and the SPFL.

They are effectively saying "you are hinting at league reconstruction, but we don't trust you, so we won't be backing you until you put all of your cards on the table."

Probably just self preservation, but maybe the penny is finally dropping that the SPFL are a shower of corrupt bastards, not to be trusted an inch.

Another one that mentions league reconstruction. That will certainly be used as a carrot.
It’s phase two of the proposal, no doubt in my mind. Get most of them roped in first time around, let the relegation and promotion candidates complain. Amend to prevent relegation while allowing those close to the top of leagues into an expanded higher division. Voila, only Rangers shafted.

Reassuring, but I've checked about 6 premiership club forums and nobody is on "our side", could be hard pressed to get those 4 votes

It’s phase two of the proposal, no doubt in my mind. Get most of them roped in first time around, let the relegation and promotion candidates complain. Amend to prevent relegation while allowing those close to the top of leagues into an expanded higher division. Voila, only Rangers shafted.

A certainty.

14 team top league, all the top 2 clubs get promoted, nobody relegated.

Then titles given out on current standings.

The ending here is blindingly obvious.

F.ck that for an outcome.

Sky will never go for that and I'm not sure other teams getting 1 less home gate v us and them would be voted for.

Does league reconstruction not normal take years to sort out.

Smashing it together in a matter of months will most likely be a shambles.

Would that sink the proposal? If the championship KO’d it? Do they all have to back it?

It would sink it.

By the way, why would League 1 and 2 clubs vote to end the season now for a paltry pay-out when they could back Rangers proposal to get payments now and still have a chance (albeit a slim one) of money through the gate if the season resumes. I wouldn't be so sure of the bottom two leagues voting for the SPFL proposal either.

Looking at the statements coming out from Hearts, Falkirk etc tonight, it is clear that they don't trust Doncaster and the SPFL.

They are effectively saying "you are hinting at league reconstruction, but we don't trust you, so we won't be backing you until you put all of your cards on the table."

Probably just self preservation, but maybe the penny is finally dropping that the SPFL are a shower of corrupt bastards, not to be trusted an inch.
League reconstruction. That’s the sticking point for these clubs now. They want more money evenly divided and so they get more money.
This has bribery written all over it, whether that’s from the SPFL or the clubs asking for it, well?
We are not in this together. Dog eats dog.

Will the SPFL fold and give them more, just to push through awarding titles?

Only a matter of time.

We can see the SPFL endgame and I am sure Rangers can see it as well. What cards do we have if/when we get shafted?

Legal recourse - possibly, but would we win if every c*nt has voted for it, court might just uphold the decision on that basis.

Money is the only language that football clubs understand. Should we make it clear right now that if this goes ahead, we will not take any away tickets for any game for the next X seasons? Hit them in the pocket at a time when many will be teetering on the brink due to the virus. It would be a drastic step and we would of course be painted as the bad guys, but this is a drastic situation and enough is enough.

Edit: just seen other thread

Last edited:

It's been obvious since the beginning that only Rangers will be shafted. TBF is been like that all season with the refs, this merely highlights it again.

So Falkirk are saying they want cast iron assurances of reconstruction before they vote for the motion. So they are saying the blackmail will work if it's in writing.

yeah Falkirk will uphold sporting integrity.

unless they get guarantees of league reconstruction and entry in to the “premiership”

14 team top league, all the top 2 clubs get promoted, nobody relegated.

Then titles given out on current standings.

The ending here is blindingly obvious.
14 team top league is what we should have anyway in my opinion. Play each other home and away, split the league and then play each other home and away again.

Final positions will probably stand as you say but I don't see why we have to declare anyone "champions". No trophies or winners medals should be given out.

Surely irrespective of even these extraordinary times they cannot just consider league reconstruction at this stage in any form there must be a timescale other than just saying starting from now?

Buy our vote.

After reading a few forums, threads and statements, this is what Scottish football has come to.

I’m sure that’s a shock to many supporters out there......

8.5 in a row
Hearts (3rd biggest club) get relegated.
Sounds great
Zzzzzzz

Said it years ago and I'll say it again.

Top league of 20.
Bottom league of 22.

play each other home and away
2 up 2 down (1st and 2nd promoted automatically/20th And 19th relegated automatically)
18th plays 4th, 17th plays 3rd, winners play each other in final.

Back