Six games remaining and 4pts behind them

Beer Belly Loyal

This will be the scenario IF the season is resumed. Rangers have a game in hand and we play them TWICE and as a fan I believe Rangers will beat them in BOTH games along with St Johnstone in the other, I really do otherwise I'd be as well giving up the game altogether.

Of course Celtic will expect themselves to win those two headers, I have no problem with that - bring it on - it's called 'competition'.

As each day passes it becomes more doubtful the season will resume, but in no way IF that is what transpires do you just get handed it.

No way!

Im not conceding anything here either BUT.... go back and read the posts from just before the season was suspended. Look at the run of poor results we were having and tell me from that what makes you think we would beat them twice.

I want the season concluded on the pitch just to make them work for it, but i dont realistically see us winning it this year

Im not conceding anything here either BUT.... go back and read the posts from just before the season was suspended. Look at the run of poor results we were having and tell me from that what makes you think we would beat them twice.

I want the season concluded on the pitch just to make them work for it, but i dont realistically see us winning it this year
That’s just your opinion,helicopter Sunday tells me otherwise!

To be fair there’s a chance both teams fortunes completely switch at this point considering how long the break already is.

Our team is very capable of getting big results as they have shown since Stevie G took over. We would have won 55 this season.

Reactions: Gee
Our team is very capable of getting big results as they have shown since Stevie G took over. We would have won 55 this season.
Not trying to be funny mate have you actually watched the second half the season we have been gash for most of the games.if you had said that in the first half I would agree with you..this has been a problem twos season running.good first half of the season poor second half.

Your BIG results are against Europa League opposition, i would rather we be taking results against Hearts, Hamiltons, Kilmarnocks, etc and be getting 3 pts a time for them. The Europa is a nice side earner for us but our bread and butter is beating the teams in the league which on recent form we were not doing convincingly enough for me to think that we could have won it had the suspension not happened.

I live in hope that they have a disaster coming out of this and we hit the ground running but its hope rather than expectation.

Not trying to be funny mate have you actually watched the second half the season we have been gash for most of the games.if you had said that in the first half I would agree with you..this has been a problem twos season running.good first half of the season poor second half.
Your BIG results are against Europa League opposition, i would rather we be taking results against Hearts, Hamiltons, Kilmarnocks, etc and be getting 3 pts a time for them. The Europa is a nice side earner for us but our bread and butter is beating the teams in the league which on recent form we were not doing convincingly enough for me to think that we could have won it had the suspension not happened.

I live in hope that they have a disaster coming out of this and we hit the ground running but its hope rather than expectation.

We went through a bad spell, doesn't make us deadbeat no hopers. Who's to say our luck wouldn't have changed? Stranger things have definitely happened!

A lot of "bears" from Hong kong, Korea, Dubai, Africa, Australia, Canada, Iceland, Russia and Timbuktu all think the league is done.

Bears who can't just pop out and meet us so we can share our thoughts over a pint, on why we feel the league is on.

Go figure......

Pre corona there's only one winner , if it were to resume with first game at Ibrox I'd fancy our chances of at least going close in the league.

What a defeated attitude I can only hope the players don’t feel the same

This team started the season bang on form and played celtic off the park twice in the space of a couple of weeks in December 2019. That same team suffered a severe dip in form after a short break. With this prolonged break the team are more than capable of regrouping and going back to 2019 form to compete for this league. It seems our No Surrender attitude is only carried by some, poor show from the defeatists among us.

Do not get me wrong we have been awful in 2020 & the buck stops with Gerrard. Same shape & team selection week in week out. A more experienced manager & we are in with a real shout.

In my opinion if Virus hadn’t have came we would have lost League embarrassingly with those performances continuing & possibly getting worse.

However...with such a long lay off I think it gives us a slightly better shout/ chance with nothing to loose. No team or league has ever had as big a lay off & you just don’t know what teams will hit the ground running when we get back playing.

Season has got to be completed.

This team started the season bang on form and played celtic off the park twice in the space of a couple of weeks in December 2019. That same team suffered a severe dip in form after a short break. With this prolonged break the team are more than capable of regrouping and going back to 2019 form to compete for this league. It seems our No Surrender attitude is only carried by some, poor show from the defeatists among us.
I agree 100%. However we could be a lot worse & Gerrard needs to get the finger out when we do resume the league. If we win the game @ Ibrox Vrs them it could get tasty.

A lot of "bears" from Hong kong, Korea, Dubai, Africa, Australia, Canada, Iceland, Russia and Timbuktu all think the league is done.

Bears who can't just pop out and meet us so we can share our thoughts over a pint, on why we feel the league is on.

Go figure......
So, because someone doesn't live in Scotland they're not entitiled to an opinion? Or, through your use of quotation marks, are you suggesting that were not true Rangers fans?

It is a shame that the only way thoughts can be shared is in person over a pint. I do wish someone would utilise modern technology and create an online space for people to assemble and express their opinions on issues such as whether Rangers can claw back a 13 point deficit.

Has it really only taken this short a time span for people to forget how bad we’ve been this year?

So it seems.

You cant get away from the fact that mathematically it's not done and dusted and they should not just be awarded the title, but our league form this year was mid table at best let's be brutally honest here.

The penultimate league game before the suspension summed it up when they dropped points at Livi and still gained on us because of Goldson's brain fart against Hamilton.

I agree that they must earn the league on the park but this is what frustrates me even more about how bad our form has been in 2nd half. If we had not dropped points in even couple games against Hamilton and st.johnstone we would be potentially 8 behind with game in hand and well within reach and made the incapable spfl clowns decision so much harder to consider awarding league titles, although I disagree with this anyway as it ain’t over till mathematically impossible. On The park they were 13 clear and they had 8 games to play before stop of play and who apart from us on our day is realistically gonna take enough points from them. As some say though it is not over till it’s over.

But if you were to go back and read posts from after the last Septic game you wouldn’t have imagined we would be heading for such a drop in form.

I want the season concluded on the pitch just to make them work for it, but i dont realistically see us winning it

We could easily beat them twice, no question.

They haven't scored a legal goal against us since Ibrox at the start of the season mate.

Apart from their offside "goal" they didn't have one single effort on our goal in the LC Final, while we had 16 (yes 16) on their's.

Our form was definitely poor after the break and has cost us dearly, but they were no world beaters.

Beaten by Livingston and launched out of Europe by the worst team left in the tournament, while we were beating Braga?

There's no reason why we couldn't get our form back and they lose their's, once we return.

Fresh minds, fresh bodies, fresh attitudes.

Concede these bast***s nothing.

I agree and this is why the season NEEDS to be complete one way or another. Whether we need to wait another 6 months to do it or not, you simply can’t start a new season without concluding the last. And we’re still in the title mix. I’m not willing to give that up. No surrender.

If you look at their record against decent teams from Cluj onwards 5 played 1 won (by virtue of their only shot on target (offside goal). In those 5 games they scored 4 (2 illegally, 1 pen and 1 from open play) against 8...

They are not a great team and they know it is why THEY want this season finished and handed to them so it isnt at risk put it at risk.

Frankly, this break has been so long already that form before it is irrelevant. we were brutal, they were racking up points. No one can guess if that’s how things resume, not when you’re back from a break which will be around the same duration as a regular close season.

Is it likely we would win the league? Hell no. It would be a long shot. Was it possible? Absolutely. No less possible IMO than it would have seemed in the weeks leading up to Helicopter Sunday. Or this time 10 years ago when they were 8 (I think) points clear with 5 games to go.

I fully expect them to be awarded the title, the political machinations of Scottish football are their strongest suit. But they will not have “won” the league

It is quite simple - complete the league, if possible, and see what happens.

If not, it's incomplete - no winners, no relegation.

Then discuss league re-construction.

Past form is irrelevant, only facts can be dealt with.

The facts are, there are more than enough points for Rangers to catch them.
More than enough points for current top six standing to change.
More than enough for both teams at the bottom of the League, in both automatic relegation spot and the play off place to climb the table.

More than enough points for the lead in the Championship to change.
More than enough for the play off positions to change.
More than enough for the team being voted on to be relegated to move up the table, along with the team in the play off position.

More than enough points for the same arguments in League One

More than enough for positions at the top and bottom of League 2 to change.

These are the plain and simple facts of the matter. What may happen, or looks likely to happen, is of no consequence.

The only way a league can be stopped early and all places declared "as is" is in the highly unlikely event that no positions can change. This is clearly not the case.

If the season does resume the first game would be the filth at the mighty Ibrox. Bring it on! Get right into the bastards! A win and they will collapse.

If we are of the opinion that the league isn't over till all games are played & won on the park, surely we cant start assuming we would have won the game in hand and 2 against them.

Realistically, if there was any chance we can resume and play out the last of the games down the line we would have to win 9 games in a row, no draws or losses. Whilst not unrealistic to expect we simply havent won anywhere near that many in a row on the SPL.

Given the major collapse in form, I wouldn't hold my breath that the players have the bottle turn it around now, mabey just my opinion.

If the season resumes, I expect them to win the league regardless of whether we win the two remaining matches between the sides. Unfortunately they’ve been more efficient in dealing with the other teams than us. We’ve consistently demonstrated that we find it difficult to win more than 5/6 games in a row so I’d expect points to be dropped again in the run in.

However, it is not impossible and for that reason the season needs to be completed, whenever it is safe to resume. If that means reducing the number of fixtures for 2020/21 then do be it. There are plenty of examples of big turnarounds in the past which would not have happened if they’d stopped early.

Mathematicaly we could finish 14 points ahead...yep realistically wouldn't happen but how can a title be awarded when the figures show this.

Since we are effectively starting pre-season again, and going by your logic, we will be in a much better position than we found ourselves after the winter break. Bring it on I say.

It’s more likely that we’d be further behind.

In the cold light of day, the Corona outbreak has overshadowed just how bad we were (yet again) post break.

In the cold light of day, the Corona outbreak has overshadowed just how bad we were (yet again) post break.
And yet we will never know if that was to be the case.

Happy for them them to be gifted the title then?

I’m not entering into the ‘we could catch them’ argument.

If the season isn’t finished a title should not be awarded. That’s it as far as I’m concerned.

They absolutely cannot be gifted a title, regardless of circumstance, the campaign has to be played to completion.

Talk of us overhauling them if it did resume though is fanciful, they will win the league with quite a bit to spare.

I feel the point here isn't so much "is it likely or realistic" but rather there is a chance it could happen.

As Rangers fans (and hopefully by extension the players too) we must believe that we have a chance of winning until it's impossible to do so, otherwise what's the point?

Going by form after the winter break yes it's unlikely, however there is a possibility. Who knows how each team's form and confidence would change if we win the St. Johnstone game and the first game against them with another to come.

I'm sorry to break this to you. No matter how many times you post a load of shite it doesn't make it any more correct.
My preference is null and void, that is not going to happen. We are 13 points behind them and no matter how optimistic we maybe we ain't going to catch them.

I recall some pretty good results against Braga...

I think we would have raised our game against Celtic and could easily have won them. This group clearly perform better against better sides and when seen as underdogs.

It’s when we are favourites that we’ve fallen apart.

Considering the impact a three week break had on the form of Rangers in January, i think it's fair to say a 2-3 month break means that form is out the window for all teams.

It's why the integrity of the league is undoubtedly impacted whatever happens - but at least if it's decided on the pitch then there's a degree of fairness (rather than the absolute bullshit that would be deciding on league titles on the basis of a partially completed season).

If we are of the opinion that the league isn't over till all games are played & won on the park, surely we cant start assuming we would have won the game in hand and 2 against them.

Realistically, if there was any chance we can resume and play out the last of the games down the line we would have to win 9 games in a row, no draws or losses. Whilst not unrealistic to expect we simply havent won anywhere near that many in a row on the SPL.

Given the major collapse in form, I wouldn't hold my breath that the players have the bottle turn it around now, mabey just my opinion.

Our form before this break occurred is an irrelevance.

Look how we were playing post January.

Form can change dramatically after a close season or mid season break.

What is relevant is our group of players believe they have the beating of Celtic and have totally outplayed them in 5 of the past 6 games.

And who's to say after another break we're not back to the form we were showing post January?

Our team through the towel in over January, February and March.

Apart from that I agree.

Rangers are lucky we bottled it or I would honestly would no renew of us to lying down and give them the title.

Nobody has a clue how each teams form will be after this, totally believable the East end Paedos drop points and can't find their groove and we could go on a run of wins. No surrender

We will now be going into the third half of the season though so who knows how either team will react!

Back