Updated Rangers Statement - SPFL’s legal adviser deems Rangers' Members Resolution as incompetent, other clubs being bullied

surely you can't offer a 14 team league without Sky having a word about it? the only reason why they have a TV deal is the Rangers/scum games anyway

losing two of them? they could quite easily just tell them to find a new TV home with that

would still have that mate

13 game home and away, league splits into seven, 6 more home and away making 38 games I would presume

Hopefully Rangers have already prepared another statement ready to go out ASAP while scum at the top of the spfl are still raging and in disarray, demanding for the resignation of Doncaster and a few others!

surely you can't offer a 14 team league without Sky having a word about it? the only reason why they have a TV deal is the Rangers/scum games anyway

losing two of them? they could quite easily just tell them to find a new TV home with that

There's still 4 games against them as long as they make it into the top 6 after 26 games.

They'll still get 4 OF games with a 6/8 or 7/7 split in the league.

The beggars and Doncaster will get round this by having some new split which still gives 4 games.
I fully expect this to pass eventually but we have to fight it as much as possible out of principle.
The more we fight the bigger the asterisk against their 8.75 in a row there will be in my opinion

What’s to stop a proposal to null and void all the leagues and split all money in the pot evenly across the piece?

The SPFL will never, ever endorse that, mate. They just want one proposal to hand that mob the title. They don't care about Scottish football.

_52126276_gersplayers466.jpg
Burst out laughing at that pic mate.
The memories....

Reconstruction and average points taken at the halfway in each of the 4 divisions.

Sporting Integrity, delivered.

Just vote for it.

Oh, what, you want to finish the season now ? Why is that ?

The SPFL will never, ever endorse that, mate. They just want one proposal to hand that mob the title. They don't care about Scottish football.
I’m not sure how all the politics work, but surely there would be big desire for this across the majority of member clubs?

This buys us time. We need to use it to go after the Celtic poodles in the SPFL boardroom and their lawyer for their lies about us today.

Nothing less than sackings as an outcome with no further votes until a properly independent review into their behaviour has concluded.

We know how this plays out in the end, they will (eventually) be awarded their tainted title but today is an utter embarrassment for them and the SPFL.

It's humiliating for them.

Rangers now have a glimmer to change the narrative.

would still have that mate

13 game home and away, league splits into seven, 6 more home and away making 38 games I would presume

the problem with that mate is that 7 teams in each play off section means a team gets a bye each week.

Would be a bit of the farce on the last day of the season with 3 teams at the bottom were sitting on same points. one team had played all games and the other 2 played each other both needing a point to survive. Going to be pretty obvious what happens and very unfair on team that has bye. Only one example of how a 14 team league wouldnt work, countless more.

There is a specific clause allegedly in the contract for any tv deal to stand there must be 4 games between us and them if not the deal will be cut or effectively gets torn up.

Despite reports that Championship clubs have rejected the proposals, Record Sport understands that not all clubs have been informed of the result.

That could change, but as things stand there’s no clarity on what has been decided.

Despite reports that Championship clubs have rejected the proposals, Record Sport understands that not all clubs have been informed of the result.

That could change, but as things stand there’s no clarity on what has been decided.
How can it change?

What is Mulranney raging ?

14-14-14 is by far the best setup for Scotland IMO
I have no issue with a restructured league. But if there are no ‘losers’ there cannot be any ’winners’ and that should be the case across all the leagues. I’ve said many times I’m not going to get too upset whatever the outcome as there will be upsides to any decision. That said I would love this to hugely embarrassing / corruption shown from the board And heads to roll! Doncaster I’m looking at you!!!

the problem with that mate is that 7 teams in each play off section means a team gets a bye each week.

Would be a bit of the farce on the last day of the season with 3 teams at the bottom were sitting on same points. one team had played all games and the other 2 played each other both needing a point to survive. Going to be pretty obvious what happens and very unfair on team that has bye. Only one example of how a 14 team league wouldnt work, countless more.

It would be a 6/8 split, reduces fixture congestion for top 6 by 2 games and gives an extra 2 to the bottom 8 to offset less games against the top 6.

Back