SPFL Statement - As at 5pm, the SPFL had received 39 responses, 85% of which have been in favour

Hope this is true.

Daily Record are claiming that due to the rules stating member clubs have 28 days to respond to any vote requested by the SPFL that 3 clubs have simply refused to vote and don't plan on voting.

SSB saying they believe the remaining championship team will vote no
Unless they get some sort of guarantee about reconstruction. But I’m sure our wee cesspit wouldn’t be doing underhand bribes like that no no no.

It is very important that clubs consider carefully the resolution and we are grateful to those clubs who have voted already.

Their bullying is just blatant.

Why would sky want the league reconstructed they want four old firm games

Privately they will be carefully watching the ongoing situation. If the league is reconstructed without 4 games of us v them then the current/new tv deal is as good as void imo.

Put it this way there will be a lot of money lost if the league is reconstructed.

Somebody in spl abstained then. Likely Hearts, cause they were maybe promised league reconstruction at last minute.
They didn’t abstain they just haven’t submitted a vote yet. My betting is they know they have 28 days to respond and until they do the SPFL can’t close the vote. If the SPFL didn’t put a deadline on it and the rules say it’s usually 28 days to consider such proposals and reply then they are fucked

Why is it being rushed through like this if clubs actually have 28 days to vote? Also absolutely no reason for them to release the initial votes other than to apply pressure to those still to vote.

Ah well, it looks as if they'll have plenty of time to bribe Hearts & Inverness. Probably agree a league reconstruction where Hearts remain and Inverness go up.

Laughable really.

Fwiw, I believe that both Hearts and Dundee United will be in the same division as us next season, which may be abbreviated, due to a later start.

They have released the votes to apply pressure. Gives them 28 days to try and bully other clubs to get it over the line.
Correct, they could’ve released a statement saying some clubs have not yet voted and none of the criteria for or against has been reached. Didn’t need to put that pressure on anyone.

If the championship club votes for the proposal tonight, I fully expect the bheasts to be crowned champions by the end of play tomorrow.
unless by some miracle a sensible voter decides that the vote has been a carve up from day one and have the balls to stand up against the scum.

regardless of what happens, this has shown the corruption right through. Everyone can see it except the fans of the ira apologists.

%^*& them, and %^*& the SFA. Also, %^*& the SPFL.

If the championship club votes for the proposal tonight, I fully expect the bheasts to be crowned champions by the end of play tomorrow.
unless by some miracle a sensible voter decides that the vote has been a carve up from day one and have the balls to stand up against the scum.

regardless of what happens, this has shown the corruption right through. Everyone can see it except the fans of the ira apologists.

%^*& them, and %^*& the SFA. Also, %^*& the SPFL.

Fact Check - the SPL wont be confirmed for at least three weeks as per the terms of the vote.

More bollocks.

Fact Check - the SPL wont be confirmed for at least three weeks as per the terms of the vote.

More bollocks.
If that is true why are they publicly releasing the figures for any vote?
If there is 3 weeks, and I’m not doubting that for one second, then why such a rush?
It was all rush rush to get the votes in, and now because it hasn’t suited everyone it’s now 28 days? Some clubs probably don’t have 28 days!
and what’s the bollocks? That the spfl have pissed over us from a great height? :)) :)) :))

If that is true why are they publicly releasing the figures for any vote?
If there is 3 weeks, and I’m not doubting that for one second, then why such a rush?
It was all rush rush to get the votes in, and now because it hasn’t suited everyone it’s now 28 days? Some clubs probably don’t have 28 days!
and what’s the bollocks? That the spfl have pissed over us from a great height? :)) :)) :))

It would be immediate for the lower divisions so they can release funds - hence the speed.

For the SPL, in their words, ‘the situation is more confusing!’

It would be immediate for the lower divisions so they can release funds - hence the speed.

For the SPL, in their words, ‘the situation is more confusing!’
It’s a head %^*&, no doubt about it.
We all know which way it’s heading. They will use the media to exert as much pressure on the championship club to make a vote in their favour. Sky sports all over it. Other news outlets over it also.
I hope we come out and say something g now the fake deadline has passed.

I have absolutely no idea what is happening and there are so many threads. Loads saying on Twitter "we've got them over a barrel now" and just as many saying "they've got us over a barrel now".

Can anyone actually put it succinctly wtf is happening

Surely reconstruction has to be voted on? Imagine that doesnt go through hearts are down.
It absolutely does, with an 11-1 vote requirement in the premier league. But given that we would be the only inconvenienced club with them as champions and no relegation then I fully expect it to pass.

I’m lost to be honest, anyone care to summarise?

I’m reading Bears being jubilant in here and on twitter, then I’m reading corrupt, shameful, dark day etc?

Anyone?

Was explained to me that they didn't get the votes for it to pass but that was due to some clubs exploiting a loop hole where they didn't have to vote and they abstained so it can be delayed for a period and looked at again (despite there apparently being a deadline today)

Seems that deadlines only apply when it means Celtic get their way.

You would imagine Celtic now go and try to bribe even more clubs to get the votes they need for any subsequent vote.

Somebody in spl abstained then. Likely Hearts, cause they were maybe promised league reconstruction at last minute.

Voting Yes would consign them to relegation.
Voting No would close that door to reconstruction.
Looks like they have abstained to avoid both those scenarios. Shitebags, as corrupt as the rest of them.

Absolutely incredible to put this kind of pressure on the one Championship team.

How many referenda (in the country) and putting clubs in a position to vote on something they have a vested interest in do we have to have before they realise it doesn't work.

Voting Yes would consign them to relegation.
Voting No would close that door to reconstruction.
Looks like they have abstained to avoid both those scenarios. Shitebags, as corrupt as the rest of them.

Yup, if they're puting it to a vote (and abdicating responsibility of being in charge themselves) then surely you have to make it that you can't not vote.

Skeletor on BBC says the championship club are leaning to No as it stands

Prem 10 to 1 with 1 to vote
Champ 7 to 3
1st and 2nd only a few saying no

Massive amount of clubs either accepting relegation or accepting no promotion

Once this dies down, the fans of clubs with seasons still in the balance should be demanding answers

Back