SPFL Statement - As at 5pm, the SPFL had received 39 responses, 85% of which have been in favour

This is sickening. I wish there was a way we could liaise with the TV companies etc and make it clear we wouldn't be taking part in this tin pot corrupt shit league next season, see how Sky would react to have zero Old Firm games etc, the amount of viewers Rangers matches have is staggering. We are having the piss taken out of us again, it's beyond a joke now.

They cannot divvy up any money until the deal is voted through. 28 days will kill a few clubs.
They would be better running with Rangers proposal. Immediate funds released, to clubs, and 28 days to consider the future.The clubs have been railroaded into this.
That’s exactly the plan, in the meantime we vote on the rangers alternative.

But it would appear hearts have voted no so that wasn’t the plan at all.

Th
Sheep voted yes.

We feel strongly that the SPFL board should not have asked member clubs to cast a vote on this resolution with less than 48 hours’ notice, especially when these resolutions allow for 28 days.

“This request was made during a one-hour video conference with no room for constructive discussion or debate, leaving us scrambling for time to review the resolution legal document and then discuss the merits of it with our board.

“Open and transparent governance and communication is critical to the survival of Scottish Football and should include our most important assets, our fans. We ignore the fans at our peril.

“While we, like most clubs, want a stake in the ground for the 2020/21 season, we would prefer to see the league completed if at all possible.

“We recognise that this will be challenging, perhaps even unlikely, but there are a number of key issues that need robust debate.

“For example, UEFA’s clarification on the competitions’ framework and calendar, the current position of our broadcasters and main sponsors, and what if we have to play games behind closed doors and there’s no cross-border travel in Europe for the foreseeable future?”
That’s typical of all these spineless bastards. They all criticise the process, the proposal and the bulling but ultimately to a man they all vote for it. They go aling with it apparently because there is no possible way the SPFL can release the minumum payments to the lower leagues until we sort this out? Naw? Has to be this or the game dies? Absolute cowardly scum

Lol a no vote sitting in the outbox of some championship club. This is car crash stuff. The no one gives a %^*& 9 is comedy gold. A slow hand clap at the knew camp when they run out to a flag at 3/4 mast.

It now appears they thought Hearts abstained but they actually submitted a late No vote.
Probably.
Someone needs to bring some clarity to the table.

that’s what the fucking idiots get for releasing the vote publicly before it was actually finished and all clubs voted.

have hearts voted no? Who abstained?
Have the championship club actually voted yet?
the whole thing is a total and utter shambles, but we expect nothing less from these idiots

Rangers statement today completely justified regarding bullying

Releasing that vote whilst incomplete is absolutely atrocious
I agree with what the club and you have said.

What i am struggling to grasp is the notion of an incomplete vote. The deadline was set for all ballots to be in for 17:00, that has come and past.

If on the day of a general election i turn up at the polling station 5 minutes after closes i cannot demand they accept my vote or demand they open at 7:00 the next morning so i can vote.

They failed to reach the numbers set by themselves to pass the motion @ 17:00, it should not be open to any further debate, like everything else they try and organise the f@)ked up.

I agree with what the club and you have said.

What i am struggling to grasp is the notion of an incomplete vote. The deadline was set for all ballots to be in for 17:00, that has come and past.

If on the day of a general election i turn up at the polling station 5 minutes after closes i cannot demand they accept my vote or demand they open at 7:00 the next morning so i can vote.

They failed to reach the numbers set by themselves to pass the motion @ 17:00, it should not be open to any further debate, like everything else they try and organise the f@)ked up.
28 days is the actual, legal deadline (under section 297 of the Companies Act 2006). The request to vote by 5pm today is just that - a request, which is non binding and of no legal effect.

What did Dundee say they were voting?

Dundee and there statement earlier today

Happy Easter to all of the Dundee fans and all football fans over the world! It’s been a few weeks since our last statement regarding the intense impact of COVID-19 on our culture. Unfortunately, since that time, we’ve all witnessed how this sinister virus is impacting our families, our communities and our national past time, football. We continue to have a daunting task ahead of us, but we are encouraged by everyday acts of kindness, resolution, and humanity that we are all sharing as we get through this together. Even though these are frightening times for us all, we remain optimistic that together we will defeat this virus and we will once again be in the terracing cheering on our squad. As we go into the Easter weekend it is more important than ever that we take care of each other make sure that all of our loved ones are held close – even though we have to keep our distance. As we stated before we are truly all in this together, and as such, we will get through this together.

This Wednesday past we received the SPFL board proposal to end the season, and within the meeting we had our first discussions around the merits of the proposal. We have since had a very close look at the SPFL’s proposal and taken advice on it in the first instance. First, we would like to say we appreciate all of the efforts by the SPFL executive, board, and staff for putting together such a comprehensive plan in such a short period of time. We also appreciate all of the discussion with the other member clubs who have been open and honest with their opinions of the proposal.

As we all know, clubs are struggling at the moment. Currently we are all in the same boat; similarly we have all been helped by selfless acts of compassion and thoughtfulness to keep our clubs ticking over. In contrast to so much positivity and support, the language in the current proposal condemns clubs to be financially worse off than they already are as we sit here today. This has been difficult to accept. The SPFL Board and Executive freely admit that they focused on the sporting merit of the proposal and did not take into consideration any financial fall out to their member clubs. We believe that any proposal presented should be comprehensive and consider the sporting AND financial implications for the member clubs.

Fundamentally, we believe that in these exceptional and uncertain times, no member club should be worse off as a result of this proposal than they are today. The current proposal will see member clubs cumulatively have in the region of £3.5-£4 million pounds of lost revenue. This loss of revenue will land at a time when clubs are coming out of the crisis and striving to get back to normalcy. We can’t imagine that any member club would intend to cause such harm to colleagues; indeed, in the face of a world-wide crisis we should all be helping each other get through these difficult times. It is a time for integrity and impartiality, which we have been witnessing every day throughout society and should be the same in football.

Amongst the member clubs there have been numerous discussions of the SPFL’s offer as well as viable, equitable proposed alternatives that could see potentially a neutral outcome for all clubs involved if the season cannot be finished. In all cases, current placement monies could be distributed to the member clubs in very short order while maintaining all SPFL obligations. Make no mistake; we would have to work quickly and diligently to ensure that members’ current needs are met and that the democratic process is followed, but it is achievable.

From all of us at Dundee Football Club, please stay safe and healthy – and stay at home. We must support our NHS, frontline workers, essential workers, and all of their families. We wish all of you well and look forward to seeing you when we come through this crisis together.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/club-statement-24/

28 days is the actual, legal deadline (under section 297 of the Companies Act 2006). The request to vote by 5pm today is just that - a request, which is non binding and of no legal effect.
Thanks for clearing that point, i've struggled to keep up with latest developments.

There just seems to be a complete lack of transparency and a hell of a lot of make it up as we go along.

Imagine getting the chance to vote in a general election after the polls have closed and everyone gets to know you have the deciding vote. It’s corruption and I’ll happily have us missing out on European football if we take this to court.

Back