Dundee Fans " This isny oor fault "

Lenzie Loyal

Talk about missing the point...

Dundee Football Club isn't the one that's going to relegate, award titles or promote teams. All your own clubs voted. Most of them to relegate Partick Thistle unfairly. You have no right to complain about us. To the Rangers fans, awarding Celtic the title, the source of all your fury, is, again, not our decision.

Dundee fans want a fair solution for everyone, not just ourselves, you can be assured of that. We have been shafted time and again by other clubs and the SPL, SPL and SPFL but that doesn't change the fact Dundee fans are, by and large, pretty reasonable given all we've been through.

If we do change our vote to Yes with no valid reason you can see what the reaction to that will be - huge disappointment in our Managing Director John Nelms, and very likely a fierce backlash from our own supporters. Indeed, it would make no sense at all.

John Nelms is a reasonable man. He's certainly not vindictive. If he has been put under enormous pressure by certain parties to change our vote then that needs to be properly investigated.

We await a statement from our own club and trust that Mr. Nelms will act in the best interests of Dundee Football Club and, in that regard, Scottish football.

" Mr Nelms " is now being portrayed as some sort of visionary, when everybody in Scotland knows he's nothing more than a snake bastard!

I lived on Tayside for many years and always had a soft spot for Dundee. During the last time they were in administration I used to buy raffle tickets every week from people at work who were fund raising for them. Reading what their chairman has been up to, I genuinely regret having given them money.

FFS I hope that Nelms sells them to his fellow Yank at Utd and runs off with the dough for Dens Park - Hello Dundee City FC

Dundee will be a pariah in Scottish Football if they proceed with being bought off.

The greatest night in their history a few years ago when the sent Utd down and everybody laughed at the auld Utd boy greeting inside Dens. Well that auld boy if he is still living will be sitting in his living room with a bottle of malt toasting Dundee.

That night and all it meant to Dundee fans means feck all now. Bring it up to Utd fans and they will laugh in your faces because you have ensured their promotion as well as giving you a couple of skelpings along the way.

Other clubs who assisted during their admins (including us) now wouldn't p*ss on them if they were on fire.

I see this as Nelms doing what he want’s. They sent the No vote, but any further conversations were carried out by Nelms nobody else.

I also see it as Dundee fans not knowing what is going on,

The other clubs voted under duress, so I'll forgive a lot of them. They were blackmailed and were probably terrified for their future (and it now turns out they didn't have to be).

Dundee on the other hand voted one way, saw the opportunity to do some blackmailing of their own and tried to pull a fast one. They ARE uniquely culpable for the situation we are in.

The other clubs voted under duress, so I'll forgive a lot of them. They were blackmailed and were probably terrified for their future (and it now turns out they didn't have to be).

Dundee on the other hand voted one way, saw the opportunity to do some blackmailing of their own and tried to pull a fast one. They ARE uniquely culpable for the situation we are in.
They know now that money being released is not linked to this vote being passed.
To change their vote now is blatantly corrupt.

Clubs would never have voted for this had the league been up front about the loan facility.
Without knowing about the loan facility Dundee voted no, now they know they'll vote yes?

There is two halves to that statement.

The first half basically says that it is not Dundee fault they are in this position.

But the second half reads to me that the Dundee fans want Nelms to stick by the original decision to vote 'no'.

That’s how I read it too Scooby, that they’re really saying to him stay with your vote unless you can justify it morally.

Interesting.

If so many of them are against it, are they contacting Dundee directly to say so? Are they telling the club what they think? Or are they sitting hoping “it wasn’t us, it was John” is going to get them a free pass out of all this?

If so many of them are against it, are they contacting Dundee directly to say so? Are they telling the club what they think? Or are they sitting hoping “it wasn’t us, it was John” is going to get them a free pass out of all this?

This 100%.
If they feel their club is being denigrated through the actions of the John fella then they need to be letting him know.

" Mr Nelms " is now being portrayed as some sort of visionary, when everybody in Scotland knows he's nothing more than a snake bastard!
So what is this and where is it from? If we don't have a source then your post is devalued.

We have still to see how Dundee will vote , however if they do change it will be down to a dodgy owner not the fans. From what I have read they don't want to change the vote. We know better than most from our recent past what it is like to have a dodgy chairman and board. That's not the fans fault. Thank God we have a board who are good decent Rangers men now. I still shudder at what could have happened.

In fairness to them I read that post on their forums and that not the general feeling.

The majority of posters are pretty much in our camp

I think that you are up to a bit of mischief with this post.

I've read the list dozen or so pages of the Dundee thread and they seem like a proud and considered support. They feel sorry for hearts and Thistle which is pretty magnanimous considering how they were treated all these year's ago.

They actually have a point. Had just a few more voted then the balance of power wouldnt have landed in one clubs hands. The fact though is that the spfl could and should have been transparent from the start with regards to funds.
They should have stood by their original vote regardless and that makes them completely in the wrong for weilding the big stick.

I see this as Nelms doing what he want’s. They sent the No vote, but any further conversations were carried out by Nelms nobody else.

I also see it as Dundee fans not knowing what is going on,

That’s what it looks like to me too, it begs the questions... is Nelms trying to be a sneaky smart arse trying to exploit a situation for his own and Dundee’s benefit or has he been got at with the ever present spectre of filth intimidation? It might be time for Dundee fans to try and find out exactly WTF is going on at their club or they may end up regretting it?

Dues anyone have a log in for the Dundee blues forum? Can you post this extract from the times:

.Discredited ballot offers no mandate to move forward
Paul Forsyth
Wednesday April 15 2020, 12.01am, The Times

Nothing about Scottish football is big or important enough to compare with the protracted shambles that was Britain’s departure from the European Union, but there are shades of Brexit about this SPFL farce. Ill feeling, incompetence, misinformation: all have featured in a nasty, polarised debate that has succeeded only in dividing the football community.

Bad enough that the game is in limbo, hamstrung by the withdrawal of a “no” vote by Dundee, which would have ended the controversial attempt in last week’s SPFL ballot to declare the season over. Worse still is the prospect of them turning 180 degrees and sheepishly registering in the box marked “yes”: a cross that would leave the outcome with not a shred of credibility.

It's not looking good I just misspelt their owners name it must be an omen about him doing an about turn and being bribed by his new found treacherous friends ...... Smeln. :eek:

Back