Hagi deal done according to agent

Id defo take the chance on Ferguson. When the going gets tough Kamara hides, Ferguson isn’t a player that would come here and hide against a Killie midfield that’s up for a battle. That being said, Id rather keep Kamara and let Ferguson takes Davis’ spot.
Steven Davis and Lewis Ferguson are two completely different players. Davis sits in front of the defence, the role Jack plays for us is where Ferguson could fit in best.

I also don’t rate him Mearns. He’s had enough game time that he’d have shown class if he had it. Always pretty anonymous versus us. I don’t get the clamour for him.

Fair summary mate.

Going to be a total killjoy.

Our form and results before we signed him was far better than after he joined.

No doubting his ability at all, and I know he provided some match winning moments at Ibrox, but will he turn dropped points at tough away grounds into wins? He didn't before.
He’s technically very gifted but didn’t show enough for me in games away from home domestically and to a degree some domestic games at Ibrox, I feel it’s a bit of a risky signing but if he produces his braga performances week in week out then we have a gem.

He's a good player alright mate, but at this stage of his career I don't see him as a better midfielder than Jack, Kamara, Davis, Arfield or Aribo.

He's been part of an Aberdeen midfield that, irrespective of some results, has been regularly outplayed by the Rangers midfield.

Unfortunately, they've defended well at times against us and have scored a couple of goals at set pieces and stolen a couple of results.

He's only scored 1 goal this season and I agree, the fee is the biggest issue.

He's certainly not worth anything over £500k imo.

Goals from midfield isn't impressive and that's some thing we also lack.

He's a but younger than Jack, Davis and Kamara so room to mature and improve. Would like to see his stats compared the Jack and Kamara at the same age.

Aberdeen are awful, never been impressed with them - their midfield horrible. Only reason we've failed to beat them is on us,not because they were a good side. 2-2 at Pittodire should have seen us 4/5 up at half time.

This summer is all about quality over quantity but I feel we need a busy midfielder who's got that bit of aggression about him.

Goals from midfield isn't impressive and that's some thing we also lack.

He's a but younger than Jack, Davis and Kamara so room to mature and improve. Would like to see his stats compared the Jack and Kamara at the same age.

Aberdeen are awful, never been impressed with them - their midfield horrible. Only reason we've failed to beat them is on us,not because they were a good side. 2-2 at Pittodire should have seen us 4/5 up at half time.

This summer is all about quality over quantity but I feel we need a busy midfielder who's got that bit of aggression about him.

I agree with most of that mate, but I think whoever it is, needs to be of far higher quality than Lewis Ferguson and could go straight into (and improve) our starting 11.

He offers us nothing domestically.

Kamara was absolutely outstanding pre Xmas in league games at Easter Road and Fir Park. He played well in both games v Celtic in December, particularly at the piggery. His form fell off a cliff after the break though like all of the team.0

He’s not needed in games at home mostly, I’d agree that but to say he offers nothing domestically isn’t accurate.

Yes, we haven’t had that ability since Windass left, albeit I don’t want him back :))

I was one of them that would never have taken Naismith back, but he’s still a good player & showed us that last season.
Yeah agreed mate, we need someone with them type of traits to run beyond. We have a lot of players who come towards the the ball and not enough running off it. We maybe only have arfield able to run off, but he lacks a bit of composure in front of goal. We just need a bit of balance.
We are also crying out for some pace, particularly in the full back areas for me.

Ferguson would be better in our midfield than Kamara is domestically.

All about opinions mate, but Kamara is on a different level to Ferguson for me.

He was getting serious grief from the sheep fans January/February when they lost 3 home games to domestic teams.

Aberdeen have been very inconsistent against the shite this season and Ferguson has been a big part of that.

Remember, in our defeats to Killie in the league, Hearts in the cup and the draw at Perth, Kamara wasn't playing.

Even if you don't like Kamara, we've still got another 4 midfielders vastly superior to Ferguson.

Yeah agreed mate, we need someone with them type of traits to run beyond. We have a lot of players who come towards the the ball and not enough running off it. We maybe only have arfield able to run off, but he lacks a bit of composure in front of goal. We just need a bit of balance.
We are also crying out for some pace, particularly in the full back areas for me.

Absolutely agree TSB.

Airfield is a very clever player & does make the runs but, as you say, pace & finishing aren’t his strongest points.

And we need pace attacking wise & defensively as you allude to. None of our CDs are quick so having a quick full back, or even a quick CDM, would be a big asset to us.

I agree with most of that mate, but I think whoever it is, needs to be of far higher quality than Lewis Ferguson and could go straight into (and improve) our starting 11.

We seriously need to look at Davis long term replacement.

Arfield blows hot and cold.

Jack, few injury issues now and has that long standing knee problem.

Aribo - currently a player who plays in numerous positions.

Kamara. May move on? Some games he's just not suited to/or required from the start. That doesn't mean he is not a good player.

That is ill informed nonsense.

You clearly haven't been watching our games.

We were top of the league before the new year break and Kamara didn't play in a few of the poor results after the restart.

Are you just ignoring our pre New Year form?
I don’t rate him he makes too many mistakes and dwells on the ball far too much.

I think Kamara is a better player than Ferguson, but that Ferguson would offer Rangers more. If that makes sense. Kamara would be perfect in Serie A or a league where he gets more time. I just don't think it's a good fit.

It should also be noted that Ferguson has played close to 100 professional games and is yet to turn 21. That is some achievement and tells you he is only going to get even better.

Kamara has been a helluva signing, but if we get a half-decent offer in then I'd be all over it.

We seriously need to look at Davis long term replacement.

Arfield blows hot and cold.

Jack, few injury issues now and has that long standing knee problem.

Aribo - currently a player who plays in numerous positions.

Kamara. May move on? Some games he's just not suited to/or required from the start. That doesn't mean he is not a good player.

Unfortunately for Jack, recurring knee issues normally get worse as you get older.

He offers us nothing domestically.

I’ve always thought we as a fan base over rated Kamara but to say he offers us NOTHING is very very harsh Scotty.

As PB mentioned his goals & assists aren’t nearly impressive enough for a Rangers player, but the guy works very hard & generally has a nice touch.

My issue is his physical & mental weakness, and the latter causes him to be too cautious when opportunities to split a defence or shoot come.

I don’t rate him he makes too many mistakes and dwells on the ball far too much.

Fair enough mate, entitled to your opinion.

I suggest you watch reruns of Celtic at Ibrox last season and the piggery and Hampden this season.

Tell me if there was a better midfielder on the park and if any of the scum midfield were even close to his level.

I suggest you watch reruns of Celtic at Ibrox last season and the piggery and Hampden this season.

Tell me if there was a better midfielder on the park and if any of the scum midfield were even close to his level.
It’s a shame we can’t play celtic every week then.

I don’t think Ferguson is good enough for us, I’d prefer if we tried to get turnbull as he has loads of potential, obviously his injury problems might be a turn off.
Plus it would piss Celtic fans off!

Number 10 role.

We need an energetic, aggressive midfielder in the engine room. Someone who has decent ability on the ball and can retain possession.

________ - ________
Aribo___________ - Hagi - ___________Kent
Morelos/ST
4-2-3-1.

Like to see a right sided attacker brought in but Aribo in that set up would give us good balance.

Number 10 role.

We need an energetic, aggressive midfielder in the engine room. Someone who has decent ability on the ball and can retain possession.

________ - ________
Aribo___________ - Hagi - ___________Kent
Morelos/ST
4-2-3-1.

Like to see a right sided attacker brought in but Aribo in that set up would give us good balance.

He's a good player alright mate, but at this stage of his career I don't see him as a better midfielder than Jack, Kamara, Davis, Arfield or Aribo.

He's been part of an Aberdeen midfield that, irrespective of some results, has been regularly outplayed by the Rangers midfield.

Unfortunately, they've defended well at times against us and have scored a couple of goals at set pieces and stolen a couple of results.

He's only scored 1 goal this season and I agree, the fee is the biggest issue.

He's certainly not worth anything over £500k imo.
Of the midfielders mentioned above,only
Arfield looked up for it,after the Winter break.
Would sign Ferguson no problem.

The longer Docherty is away the better he seems to get...

If you look at Fergusons goals videos on YouTube he would add exactly what we miss someone to get physical and score headers, scrappy goals from midfield.

Worth noting he loves an an overhead kick as well :)

I know you’ve got a thing for Kamara MU, which I don’t completely disagree with, but to me Ryan Jack absolutely dominated the LC Final.

The longer Docherty is away the better he seems to get...

If you look at Fergusons goals videos on YouTube he would add exactly what we miss someone to get physical and score headers, scrappy goals from midfield.

Worth noting he loves an an overhead kick as well :)
Happens too often that players’, who are fans of the club, ability is seriously blown out of proportion especially as you say when they’re not seen for a while.

Docherty has looked every bit a Hamilton player anytime he’s played for us. If we’re judging players ability on how they perform in the 3rd tier of English football or how they perform for Edinburgh’s second team, then there’s really no hope for us.

Ferguson isn’t the finished article by any means but he’s a better prospect in midfield than we have currently (at his age) and will end up a fine player as he gets older.

Kamara on his game is our best midfielder along with Jack. He does however lack a bit of consistency.

Jack and kamara I can see rotating throughout next season, Jack is always going to have problems with his knee which will see him have to sit out now and again.

We need a box to box midfielder who is going to give us 10 goals a season, Lewis Ferguson certainly isn’t going to do that. Kenny McLean might be an option? We should have snapped him up on a free from Aberdeen a few seasons ago in all honesty.

The Hagi thread has been semi hijacked by a Lewis Ferguson debate.

If I can keep hijacking it, I'll say a lot of the comments against signing him strongly remind me of the arguments on our bus back in 1988 when we were after Ian Ferguson from St Mirren.

We already had Wilkins, Souness, Durrant, Derek Ferguson and those not wanting the young Ferguson all said he wasn't as good a footballer as those, he hadn't shown much in games against us, was a bit of a clogger,and was nowhere near worth the money just to sit on the bench.
Those who wanted him said he had loads of Scottish league games at a young age, he won tackles, got forward, hated losing, supported the club, and could only get better.

Not saying this latest Ferguson is in the same class, but I do think we sometimes overlook the league we play in and what you need within your team to grind out consistent wins.

The one negative for me is the money Aberdeen will want. But the one thing I am sure of is that if he did get a chance to play for us, he would turn out to be a very good addition.

Happens too often that players’, who are fans of the club, ability is seriously blown out of proportion especially as you say when they’re not seen for a while.

Docherty has looked every bit a Hamilton player anytime he’s played for us. If we’re judging players ability on how they perform in the 3rd tier of English football or how they perform for Edinburgh’s second team, then there’s really no hope for us.

Ferguson isn’t the finished article by any means but he’s a better prospect in midfield than we have currently (at his age) and will end up a fine player as he gets older.

I’m still undecided on Ferguson personally, but there’s no doubt that he’s at an age that he can improve a lot & he also offers us an aggression & power that others don’t.

We need something different in our midfield group, and he at least offers that.

On the other hand the sheep would probably price him out of a move anyway, so in the short term I’m in the wait & see camp until he becomes out of contract.

I know you’ve got a thing for Kamara MU, which I don’t completely disagree with, but to me Ryan Jack absolutely dominated the LC Final.

I actually don't have a thing for Kamara Grigo, no more than any of our other midfielders.

However, I'll defend him against ridiculous comparisons with Lewis Ferguson all day long.

Kamara, Jack and Arfield were all outstanding at Hampden imo.

Brown, McGregor and Christie barely got a kick.

Kamara also nullified Frimpong too and supported Barisic on the left brilliantly.

I would agree with you, on reflection, that Jack or Tav were MOTM at Hampden.

Kamara at Ibrox 2nd game last season and the piggery this season was the pick imo though.

The Hagi thread has been semi hijacked by a Lewis Ferguson debate.

If I can keep hijacking it, I'll say a lot of the comments against signing him strongly remind me of the arguments on our bus back in 1988 when we were after Ian Ferguson from St Mirren.

We already had Wilkins, Souness, Durrant, Derek Ferguson and those not wanting the young Ferguson all said he wasn't as good a footballer as those, he hadn't shown much in games against us, was a bit of a clogger,and was nowhere near worth the money just to sit on the bench.
Those who wanted him said he had loads of Scottish league games at a young age, he won tackles, got forward, hated losing, supported the club, and could only get better.

Not saying this latest Ferguson is in the same class, but I do think we sometimes overlook the league we play in and what you need within your team to grind out consistent wins.

The one negative for me is the money Aberdeen will want. But the one thing I am sure of is that if he did get a chance to play for us, he would turn out to be a very good addition.

Great post. It's exactly what we need for the league.

That said, I have no worries at all about his technique and don't really understand where this talk that he's some talentless clogger has come from. I've saw him score free kicks, overhead kicks and swing in corners that have led to goals. You don't play as many games as he has at such a young age without a decent level of technical ability.

Kamara on his game is our best midfielder along with Jack. He does however lack a bit of consistency.

Jack and kamara I can see rotating throughout next season, Jack is always going to have problems with his knee which will see him have to sit out now and again.

We need a box to box midfielder who is going to give us 10 goals a season, Lewis Ferguson certainly isn’t going to do that. Kenny McLean might be an option? We should have snapped him up on a free from Aberdeen a few seasons ago in all honesty.

I fear McLean is out of our price range now mate.

I’m still undecided on Ferguson personally, but there’s no doubt that he’s at an age that he can improve a lot & he also offers us an aggression & power that others don’t.

We need something different in our midfield group, and he at least offers that.

On the other hand the sheep would probably price him out of a move anyway, so in the short term I’m in the wait & see camp until he becomes out of contract.
I agree. I think he’d be a good signing, but a long term one and right now we need to look short-term as this season coming is huge for us, can’t afford any expensive “project” signings

I actually don't have a thing for Kamara Grigo, no more than any of our other midfielders.

However, I'll defend him against ridiculous comparisons with Lewis Ferguson all day long.

Kamara, Jack and Arfield were all outstanding at Hampden imo.

Brown, McGregor and Christie barely got a kick.

Kamara also nullified Frimpong too and supported Barisic on the left brilliantly.

I would agree with you, on reflection, that Jack or Tav were MOTM at Hampden.

Kamara at Ibrox 2nd game last season and the piggery this season was the pick imo though.

Kamara has had some great games for us mate, no question at all.

I don’t want to get into criticising him & in fact was supporting him with Scotty’s claim.

I still think we should want more goals & assists from our midfielders, but we’ve had that discussion before.

Uh oh

EYszLeuXkAAxM5g
Face like an angry jobbie!

I agree. I think he’d be a good signing, but a long term one and right now we need to look short-term as this season coming is huge for us, can’t afford any expensive “project” signings

Agree Herbie. We do need to think short term right now, which is never a good thing normally, but we just need to this season.

Kamara has had some great games for us mate, no question at all.

I don’t want to get into criticising him & in fact was supporting him with Scotty’s claim.

I still think we should want more goals & assists from our midfielders, but we’ve had that discussion before.

Ferguson has scored one goal all season playing in a more offensive position than Kamara, so I don't think he'll help matters mate.

Back