Jamie Murphy

Sell for 300k-500k. Shame as he’d have a been a good player for us if it wasn’t for his injury but he’ll be on a big wage and he’s not of the required quality anymore

I've no idea why we let him go out on loan. He's a very good footballer who can score and pick a pass, exactly what we were screaming out for from from January.
People were saying the same about Greg Doc when he was scoring at Hibs that we could do with him , but the reality is him and Murphy aren’t good enough going forward to get us where we need to be.

People were saying the same about Greg Doc when he was scoring at Hibs that we could do with him , but the reality is him and Murphy aren’t good enough going forward to get us where we need to be.
Murphy has actually performed well in a Rangers shirt whereas Docherty has done nothing, I don't think that is a comparison that can reasonably be made.

Murphy has actually performed well in a Rangers shirt whereas Docherty has done nothing, I don't think that is a comparison that can reasonably be made.
Yeah the comparison was performing well on loan and people thinking it’s what we are missing, there’s a reason they are allowed to go on loan. If he could stay fit then could maybe add something to the squad but he’s only managed 20 games ( scoring 4 goals ) for us since 2018. I can’t see him having a future at Ibrox.

Depends on how good he comes back, we need a goalscorer that isn't a striker and he has a good track record. He might not have the same flair and talent as Kent shows on the big stage, but I do feel like he's the type who can get the goals in tight games against weaker opposition. This is, of course, depending on whether he can still play at this level after his injuries.

He should have this pre season to stake a claim. If he can get back to how he was before the injury then it's a yes from me. Maybe not a regular starter but definitely a useful squad addition to come off the bench and play anywhere across the front 3. I hope he can do it.

While it's good to see him get among the goals for Burton, that's not really a comparable measure of the standard we need. If he got his fitness and confidence back then it was a worthwhile loan.

If he doesn't shape up to what we need this pre season, then he should be sold and I'd like to think we'd get £500k or so for him, probably from a bottom half Championship team or ambitious League One team.

The pandemic may actually have been a great leveler for him and allowed him to catch up the rest of the squad re:conditioning.

We asked him to go to Burton and oerdorm. By all rights he did.

I'm not saying he's starting XI... But I want to see him in rotation. He has demonstrated with his stats that he posseses the nous in the final 3rd required., both pre injury with us and seemingly post injury with Burton.

At best he should be a back up, he’s someone who can help cover anyone across the front 3 which is a positive. But if we are to win anything he should be at best a back up and not someone we should rely on

Sell for 300k-500k. Shame as he’d have a been a good player for us if it wasn’t for his injury but he’ll be on a big wage and he’s not of the required quality anymore
There's a few players in the first team they may not be the right quality either mate.especially in the second half of this season .

Would like to see him given a chance but not sure where given we have Kent, Hagi, Aribo and others who are all comfortably ahead of him

Then Jones, Barker, Stewart

If we get rid of Barker and Jones then maybe as backup

100% yes as offers a goal threat. I always felt he has been underrated but even (mostly) from the bench I suspect would get 10-15 goals over a season. Probably offer more than Stewart and will have the desire to do well but will depend on his fitness when he comes back.

He was decent before, and as much as I like him, I don’t think it’s going to work out for him with us after the injury.

If he stays, could be useful of the bench but wouldn’t offer too much more. IMO.

We had support attacking options of Barker, Jones, Ojo and Stewart last year. Is it a surprise we struggle when Morelos or Kent are not firing? Murphy is better than all those but this is the area we need to improve. So it’s a maybe for me.

The idea that we’re going to get rid of all of our players in the current transfer climate is insanity.

We need a big squad if we want to be involved in four competitions - if we’re serious about the league, we need to think about that IMO - so if the likes of Docherty, Murphy, Kamberi, Jones etc can’t do a job at against the SPFL fodder then it’s a failure of coaching and scouting.

The injury at Kilmarnock set him back without a doubt, but when he got back fit he went out on loan and done well.

He's a far better option than Barker, Jones, Hastie and Middleton so he's worth keeping imo.

Back