Board Opinion - Have we allowed the status quo to continue?

Gio#56

I am sitting here sick whilst watching from afar all the final jigsaw pieces being put into place.

Recently we have seen statements like Budge the saviour and it will follow with the same regards Doncaster.

We have stood back and allowed all this to blossom when we had legal advice that we had a good case against the removal of Doncaster. We ignored this legal opinion despite presenting a dossier for all to see.

IMO we have shown great weakness. And a week animal gets picked on. We have become a laughing stock, a massive club with massive influence in the game that has a yellow belly.

Our club board have allowed status quo to continue. Season books are now sold and it looks very likely the PR exercise was nothing more than to humour the fans. Money talks.

There is no integrity left in Scottish football. And if anything maybe our board has learned a valuable lesson. Stop releasing statements. It has made a fool out of us. And when things go wrong next year with an integrity aspect of the game, just take it right up the rear. As after all if the past few months were not worth some action then please dont embarrass us with more hollow words.

The status quo will continue, but hey we always knew that. Just some are easily fooled inc myself.

I don’t think we are finished but we’re certainly reaching the point of appearing to be keeping our powder dry.

We’ve now reached the point they are rubbing our noses in the blatant corruption so getting close to some sort of reaction being required.

Patience.

I can understand the frustration, but we're not going to announce any further action with the reconstruction chat ongoing.

Reading and listening to people who are speaking with the Club, there appears to be a consensus the Club are considering their options. I'm very confident the board will take action.

We voted for ending the season early. The idea that we will be taking legal action is ludicrous at this stage. All the talk of legal action in the various statements was just bluster to appease the fans.

I am very easily led, I feel for it hook, line and sinker.

Patience.

I can understand the frustration, but we're not going to announce any further action with the reconstruction chat ongoing.

Reading and listening to people who are speaking with the Club, there appears to be a consensus the Club are considering their options. I'm very confident the board will take action.

I share this opinion. I really do believe that the board will be gathering evidence. This is not finished.

I’ll give the board until after the reconstruction issue is dealt with . At that point if nothing is done then I’ll lose faith in this board . Time after time we will have talked a good game and done nothing. Sick of thinking this is the moment we fight back and then it just disappears . But Ill give them time incase they are waiting on seeing what hearts do

Board statements are nothing without action. Been down this road too many times. Il be very surprised and delighted if the club take action on the corrupt canal running Scottish football. Empty words and threats are hopeless

It's hard to escape the conclusion that the stitch up will happen exactly as predicted and we will either abandon fighting it because we have no allies left, or make a bit of toothless noise when it's miles too late.

The whole thing really does make you wonder whether it's worth competing in Scotland.

I am very easily led, I feel for it hook, line and sinker.

I think a lot of us did.
I know that like yourself HB, I really really thought that at last we'd turned a corner on how we were going to allow ourselves to be treated.

Instead we're seeing our enemies and competitiors swanning about and fawning over deals that have all the semblance of bribes, stupidty and further corruption.

I was going to start a thread similar to yours, but I actually stopped halfway through and thought o myself, if the Club Board aren't ar*ed about this, why should I be that bothered.

F*** it -- roll on next season and Hagi getting three red cards before Christmas before being branded as a diver, a hacker and whatever else we allow.
Oh, and if the Board are going to be so effing submissive, why (as has been said) come away with all this bullish cr*p about a "status quo" ?

Another poster noted that it is most likely that we'll hear that band's songs being belted out at opposition grounds next season, and if we've done nothing after all those brave words then we'll have deserved such sarcasm.

I am sitting here sick whilst watching from afar all the final jigsaw pieces being put into place.

Recently we have seen statements like Budge the saviour and it will follow with the same regards Doncaster.

We have stood back and allowed all this to blossom when we had legal advice that we had a good case against the removal of Doncaster. We ignored this legal opinion despite presenting a dossier for all to see.

IMO we have shown great weakness. And a week animal gets picked on. We have become a laughing stock, a massive club with massive influence in the game that has a yellow belly.

Our club board have allowed status quo to continue. Season books are now sold and it looks very likely the PR exercise was nothing more than to humour the fans. Money talks.

There is no integrity left in Scottish football. And if anything maybe our board has learned a valuable lesson. Stop releasing statements. It has made a fool out of us. And when things go wrong next year with an integrity aspect of the game, just take it right up the rear. As after all if the past few months were not worth some action then please dont embarrass us with more hollow words.

The status quo will continue, but hey we always knew that. Just some are easily fooled inc myself.

Allowed? What actions do you recommend?

Board statements are nothing without action. Been down this road too many times. Il be very surprised and delighted if the club take action on the corrupt canal running Scottish football. Empty words and threats are hopeless

why do them? why not be taken serious by only releasing what you will do as you say.

I like your posts HB and I feel the obvious frustration from you. I'm now beginning to think that this could be yet another disappointment after us all full of hope. I still think we will be heard, but not as confident as I was. Here's hoping.

I like your posts HB and I feel the obvious frustration from you. I'm now beginning to think that this could be yet another disappointment after us all full of hope. I still think we will be heard, but not as confident as I was. Here's hoping.

have taken a few days out this week and will do so again after this post. Dont want to have a go at the board. They will be hurting too. Just wish we could learn to play the PR game right.

In summary, the legal advice Rangers have received from Advocate Eoghainn CM MacLean states that: "In the circumstances, Rangers has a reasonably good prospect of obtaining, from the court, an order for Mr Doncaster's removal as director and chief executive. The prospect may be enhanced, if other clubs joined in an application for such an order."

It certainly isn’t looking good.
Hearts have shafted us no matter which way you look at it.
We really should have taken legal action way back when the SPFL illegally stopped our proposal for payments to be made from being put to the membership.

The anger that's been caused by a deal that lets us watch Rangers games next season is absolutely mind blowing. I'm away to the Lounge.

Mate, it's the web of lies that deal has been built on that has pissed a lot of people off.

We were told the season had to be called early to allow prize money to be released, that there was no other way clubs could access money and that they would go to the wall otherwise as there was no other vehicle. An absolute fucking lie.

We were told that null and void couldn't happen as we would have to pay money back to the TV companies otherwise. Well, guess what, turns out that we owe them anyway. Another fucking lie.

Now we're in a position where Doncaster has further reduced the value of the TV packages by allowing Sky to offset what they're owed against the 5 year deal. Oh and by the way they called the season early and handed the championship to the scum. Oh and by the way, this is a great opportunity for everyone to tune in and watch the scum go for 10IAR according to the press release.

That's where my anger is coming from. This could have played out entirely differently. The season could still have been ended early if needed. But it could have been done in a more measured way to protect clubs and without the shameless handing out of gongs on the back of thousands of deaths.

We are being mugged off and this status quo we referred to is very much still in place.

Dougie Park had better be up for a fight. We are not glory hunters, but the backing we've given the club over the worst decade in our history will continue to reap no tangible rewards for the team whilst we allow the scum to pull the strings unchallenged off the pitch.

Personally, I think we're done in Scotland. I can't see how we turn it around up here without a significant change in our stance, backed up by both barrels in the courtroom where necessary. However, I would now rather see us work out how the %^*& to get out of this league set up, permanently.

This VST deal might well provide an option for us to watch home games. Everything around it fucking stinks though.

Last edited:
Is it any of any surprise that there are genuine supporters with real concern?

The board and many boards previously have let us down time and time again.

It's past, be patient, the board will deliver, No Surrender...

Totally agree mate all talk and no action strikes again. I actually thought this board under Park had grown a pair after the statements of content and the threats. I’m really disappointed and you think to yourself what’s the point next season corrupt to the core.

After the threat by the SFA to rescind Hearts' license if they took the SPFL to court, my worry is that Rangers have been silenced by the same threat. If this were the case, I would love the club to call their bluff, as I'm sure Sky would not be happy if they were getting no more Old Firm games, and it could be the opening for us to move to the English leagues.

We have flattered to deceive here and now are in danger of looking very stupid with this whole affair. A lot of bluster
It will be very disappointing if nothing happens re the dossier. I have no doubt in the honesty of the board in the last few weeks, but firm action is needed. If not we will get trampled by foul means at every turn.

Rangers asked other member clubs to rid the SPFL of corruption. They in turn voted that they are more than happy for Doncaster & Liewell to run Scottish football into the ground.

On what grounds are people suggesting the board take the SPFL to court? And to which court?
Court of Arbitration for Sport.

At the moment, it appears that a club like Hearts hold more power and influence on the game than we do. We’re basically being set up as the big bad criminals to be thrown in the stocks every Saturday and pelted with rotten fruit.

Feel somewhat the same as the OP but AFAIK the SPFL is a members 'club' and they can pretty much do what they want providing the majority accept the status quo ie. the corruption. Our dossier contained more than enough to bring down the cabal if that was not the case. We've further evidence of what we're up against with Budge refusing to go to the courts, Sky doing deals and the sudden philanthropic impulse of Anderson. Don't see what we can realistically do given this situation.
As for 'we look stupid' comments, we did as much as we could at this time, we prepared a very good case and tried to put some backbone into others who responded by proving how venal our game is.
How does that reflect poorly on us?
I think this battle may be lost but the war will continue.

Last edited:
I would be amazed if the board took this any further. Time and time again they have done nothing to protect the club, the players or the fans. Time and time again we have come under attack and every time, bar one time, they have failed to do anything. The one time we saw any kind of reaction was when one of their own was singled out - Jim Traynor. then we saw what they were capable of, and lo and behold they actually made some progress. This just makes it all the more sickening when you see them sitting on their hands yet again.

They have finally lost my goodwill for saving us from the spivs. What they did (and continue to do) financially is hugely welcome and deserving of praise, but this should not absolve them from blame when they get so many other things so badly wrong.

By caving on on the issue of SPFL governance and systematic corruption and bullying they have now ensured that we cannot/will not win the league next season. The SPFL cabal simply won't allow it and since they have won this battle they will feel even more empowered to act more corruptly and brazenly to ensure their dream of seeing the filth win their tainted "Ten in a Row which isn't" will come true. We will be the victims of even more corrupt officiating and, when that isn't enough, the Compliance Officer will be brought into play and if that isn't enough, watch for the invention of offensive banners and songs to ensure we are penalised just enough points to hand over the title to the scum.

Thanks to this dereliction of duty by the board, we are condemned to watching 38 league friendlies next season, knowing all the time that the title will have been won off the field before a ball is kicked. Saved from the spivs for this? What was the point? I want to watch competitive sport, not this gerrymandered confection.

Starting to get pissed of with that freak and the rest of the cunts openly ripping us.
But I still think we’re not finished by a long shot.

False promises I think we have been fed. We have been up against it at every corner we have turned.
No one likes us we may not care but it is ruining our game in this backward country.
Sick to the back teeth.

Back