Stewart Robertson Interview - 3 June 2020

Our planning for next season is well underway, and we were delighted to secure the permanent services of Ianis Hagi on a long term, permanent deal. Ross Wilson is continuing to explore options in the transfer market, we will update on further incoming players within the next week.

That we were able to do this despite the current situation is down, in no small part, to you, and the magnificent backing you have given the club. Season ticket sales were at record levels last year and uptake for the coming season has been outstanding so far.

The recent announcement of Castore as our new Kit and Retail partner is a significant moment for our club. This historic deal will provide an immediate and significant cash injection into our club. I am acutely aware of supporters desire to buy Rangers merchandise online and visit the Ibrox shop, full in the knowledge that their purchases will go directly back into our club funds. This is a very positive step for our club, one which I am excited to see develop over the incoming seasons.

Our new MyGers membership scheme has also topped 12,000 members, which is an absolutely incredible figure to reach so early. The funds generated from those sales will help Steven Gerrard strengthen his squad.

The Rangers board remain absolutely committed to ensuring Rangers compete for and win silverware, and will continue to back the manager in order to achieve that.

We announced when we launched our season tickets that we would offer a £25 voucher as a loyalty reward if the season was curtailed early. I outlined how season-ticket holders will be able to claim their voucher and use it to purchase club products by emailing ticketcentre@rangers.co.uk.

Within the interview, I also address questions on refunds for cancelled games last season, should any supporter wish to claim one. Rest assured, however, if you choose to leave your money within the club, it will be re-invested into the first-team squad. Further information on the process for refund requests will be issued next week.

Furthermore, we have worked to ensure that we can provide a temporary bespoke solution for season ticket holders, if the season begins behind closed doors. I am pleased that we will offer a temporary “virtual match ticket” which will allow season ticket holders, complimentary access to all Premiership home games via RangersTV. The RangersTV team are already exploring innovative ways to further enhance the match production and coverage, in order our supporters feel as close as possible to the action, even if they can’t be in the stadium temporarily.

Through our involvement in the Joint Response Groups, we’ve been encouraged by the SPFL, SFA and Government indications that the Premiership is set to begin, on time, in August and that a gradual reintroduction of supporters in to stadiums remains a key focus, as soon as its safe to do so.

Despite the lockdown, work on Project 2022 has continued; 2022 being the year Rangers will become the first major football club to reach their 150th anniversary.

We have so much planned to celebrate this wonderful milestone, part of which will be the redevelopment of Edmiston House at Ibrox Stadium. I’m delighted today within the interview to be able to detail for the first time our plans for Edmiston House. I also addressed the sale of part of the Albion Car Park and outlined the benefits to the local community as well as being able to assure supporters who regularly drive to games, that we have secured alternative parking beside Ibrox stadium. It is particularly pleasing that we will be able to generate revenue from this sale which will be used as part of the regeneration of Edmiston House and surrounding area.

It is very pleasing for me to outline the many positive steps which our club are taking to develop and improve every facet of Rangers, both on and off the field. Work will continue on a daily basis, and we will provide further updates, directly to supporters, in due course.

In closing, I wish to extend my best wishes to you and your family. I know how desperate you will be to get back to Ibrox as soon as is possible – and we can’t wait to welcome you back in line with government advice.

In the meantime, please stay safe and well.

Sounds like it might not be too long until we hear about more player(s) incoming.
I Just got the club email it says Ross Wilson is continuing to explore options in the transfer market, we will update on further incoming players within the next week. So hopefully some transfer news later in the week

So we are selling car parking for housing to enable housing on an Another area We own for and use as car parking for housing . . .
Thought it was well explained, we are taking a non revenue generating asset and using the capital from the sale to build a revenue generating asset.

We used to moan about the club not being ran on sound financial footing, this is what its doing.

From what I know, there was some empty land in the streets surrounding Ibrox which the club have looked into buying for a while now

I guess they must have got a decent deal on some of it in order to use as new parking facilities

Refunds are available if you want it, however they have invested all of that money in the club and appreciate that those suffering hardship can get their money back. Otherwise, they wish supporters to allow the club to keep the money.

Refunds are available if you want it, however they have invested all of that money in the club and appreciate that those suffering hardship can get their money back. Otherwise, they wish supporters to allow the club to keep the money.
That message should of been out months ago, I’ll be requesting mine due to the attitude taken.

An update from Managing Director Stewart Robertson on a range of topics including:

Transfer Market
RangersTV
Kit & Retail
MyGers & Season Ticket Voucher
Project 2022
Edmiston House
Club Museum

A wee bit gutted that there is no update with regards to the corrupt SPFL being taken to task.
He did looked gutted when he said they really tried not to end the season early.

Massive positives are the museum, the new megastore, the whole 150 year celebrations, and the drive to increase revenues.

But the big black cloud is the stuff about needing to now look forward and being "disappointed" how the season ended. If that is the end of our fight with the SPFL then it's not even good enough to be called pathetic.

Selling less than half of the Albion to fund the Rangers Hub project while also getting an area to replace the lost parking places is a no brainer
Especially as behind the Copland is basically waste ground. It can't be used on matchday's for parking to build on it to our advantage. Copland Way is a great idea as is the Edmiston redevelopment.
Just waiting for the "local" community to object to the sport's bar and concert ideas.

I'll be taking this to fund purchasing the new strip.

I haven’t watched the interview yet. Only read the update email. Does the interview tell you how to claim the £25 voucher?

'we will update on further incoming players within the next week. '

Just received an email from Rangers about the interview, and that was part of the text.

That message should of been out months ago, I’ll be requesting mine due to the attitude taken.

Maybe they weren't entirely sure of the situation and wanted to see what the position was before agreeing something which cost us dearly.

Taking it due to the attitude is very "13 year old lassie" levels of spite.

You either want the club to have the money or not. Don't use this as an excuse.

I don’t get the 250k megastore refurb to be replaced with a new store in Edminston House within 2 years.

I do get Castore is paying it but still doesn’t make sense

Why go as far as to do all this excellent work to bring the club up to scratch to then go and ruin it by admitting defeat about the corruption of the SPFL it renders all these new upgrades as completely meaningless

Last edited:
Back