Rangers propose "B" teams as part of reconstruction

How do you come to that conclusion ?

they’ve been handed a title .

their placemen are still in situ and see no legal sction
lawwell and the SPFL are publicly congratulating each other

the SPFL are plugging 10 in a row for next season

Our dossier was branded embarrassing by Celtic and park called a liar but Rangers proposal also sees Celtic get a colts team in the professional set up .

not too bad for being flat footed or am I missing something ?

Please don't take that one line out of context, read it as part of the entire post. I believe Rangers have taken the initiative by their proposal. It shows they care about Scottish football.

The SPFL are lost and feeble. CFC* sit proudly boasting of a continuous title run. They are isolating themselves from the rest of the league. They have shown themselves up for what they are.

Meanwhile a crisis exists that need addressing. Rangers have addressed the problem.

There is a long battle being waged, the Rangers Board are still fighting.

Unfortunately, i think we have looked at court action and decided its not worth it,its a matter of what we can achieve by it,probably the best we could have hoped for,was Doncaster to be sacked and maybe another vote to have taken place,,,we know what would have happened with another vote,and they could have replaced doncaster with another place man,all thats assuming we win in court ,which is no certainty with the scottish courts,,At least now we can call out the spfl everytime they try another bit of corruption, its not ideal but at least we have a
credible base to start from..This proposal is about us starting to lead Scottish football rather than being everyone's scapegoat

Surley if this goes through we then call of vote of no confidence in the board.

Show we have engineered a pathway to appease the issues while the spfl offered absolutley nothing, obviously we use the information that is now common knowledge about sky and bt deals to get over 50 percent

Getting stuff in their favour? Falkirk fans were adamant this season that Raith had refs in their pocket. Other Premiership fans insist we get it when we play them.

Bears of my age can remember umpteen instances of Celtic meltdowns over refereeing decisions.

There has only been one in the past decade - the handball in the 2015 League Cup semi-final.

Following the referees' strike (and in which other country has that happened?) they've got them in their pocket.

The referee in the match against ICT (Steven McLean) and the referee when Morelos was subjected to trial by BBC Scotland (John Beaton) know the consequences and have to adapt accordingly.

I haven't read the whole thread, but have Celtc made a reconstruction proposal?

Or are they just letting us do the donkey work and getting behind ours?

Please don't take that one line out of context, read it as part of the entire post. I believe Rangers have taken the initiative by their proposal. It shows they care about Scottish football.

The SPFL are lost and feeble. CFC* sit proudly boasting of a continuous title run. They are isolating themselves from the rest of the league. They have shown themselves up for what they are.

Meanwhile a crisis exists that need addressing. Rangers have addressed the problem.

There is a long battle being waged, the Rangers Board are still fighting.

I don’t see it . Of the 13 clubs that voted with us , most were out of self interest rather than a liking for rangers . 27 clubs sided with Celtic / SPFL .

they don’t look weak at all , theye been indirectly rubbing our noses in it and what we have suggested also benefits Celtic . the rangers board don’t look to be fighting at all .

A fight should’ve of started by exercising our right to a legal recourse .

This set of events is very similar to 2012 on here .

there were a lot of posters lining up to tell us everything was going to be ok and it didn’t happen . A lot of cliches were posted and posters putting up winky face smilies and all I see is the same again .

I'm not a fan of 14 team leagues but I actually like the B team angle or tie ups with lower league sides - like baseball minor leagues.

As a way to inject finance and improve player development it's got alot of merit which will immediately disqualify it in the eyes of the SPFL's corrupt bigots and dinosaurs

Wouldn’t be the first time they lied mate. Probably got a majority which they interpreted as “unanimously”.
I agree, which makes the fact that the first time anyone from Rangers has publicly said that the unanimous claim was a lie would be the SLO on a forum almost a month later to be quite incredible. Same with Hearts staying silent on the SPFL saying Hearts basically agreed to relegate themselves.

Rangers leading the way - about 2 levels above any shite Dumbcaster could come up with.

Or Budge.

It’s a way to improve Rangers.

Would be a game at Ibrox every week.
Would the colt team play at Ibrox? Obviously pitch improvements will be underway but do we really want potentially 3 games a weeks for a number of weeks

If the ref had stopped the game as we were breaking forward,

To quote Craig Mulholland after the Colts lost to Stenhousemuir in the Challenge Cup - "Boys will have learned more in that 90 minutes than they will in an entire season of Development League games."
They'll be playing on the same pitches they do in reserve games and challenge cup fixtures so not sure I see anything in that argument at all.
Fans are happy to subsidise out youths through Rangers Lotto etc, why would this be any different?

The difference would be that the money would go to other clubs not Rangers.

We’ve committed to buying 200 tickets for every away game for decades under this proposal. Considering we ran at a £10m loss last season I’m not sure handing out free money to other teams is entirely wise given the current climate.

For every ticket we don’t sell for one of these games that’s a direct loss for the club.

The difference would be that the money would go to other clubs not Rangers.

We’ve committed to buying 200 tickets for every away game for decades under this proposal. Considering we ran at a £10m loss last season I’m not sure handing out free money to other teams is entirely wise given the current climate.

For every ticket we don’t sell for one of these games that’s a direct loss for the club.

I guess we must feel that the benefits it will bring in terms of developing players will be worth the financial cost to the club.

Bears of my age can remember umpteen instances of Celtic meltdowns over refereeing decisions.

There has only been one in the past decade - the handball in the 2015 League Cup semi-final.

Following the referees' strike (and in which other country has that happened?) they've got them in their pocket.

The referee in the match against ICT (Steven McLean) and the referee when Morelos was subjected to trial by BBC Scotland (John Beaton) know the consequences and have to adapt accordingly.

I can remember them too. I don't agree they have them in their pocket - if only because I watch enough games involving other clubs and see utterly shambolic decisions almost weekly.

The SPFL lied? No surely not?! They would never do that :rolleyes:

It's not the SPFL lying that's the unbelievable part in this, it's the fact that if they did we have decided not to challenge it.
Not challenging it makes me think that they are not lying in this instance, for a change.
And not challenging it as part of some master plan seems very unlikely.

This ‘hammer thrower’ comment is grating. There are 42 teams playing ‘elite’ football in Scotland. Yes, the quality isn’t that great in the lower leagues but it’s got to be better than playing youth football. On any given Saturday, across those 42 teams are 462 players (not including subs) playing the game. So it we have a colt team in the lower leagues then they are mixing it with the top 500 players in the Scottish game.
In the development game, how many ‘youth’ players will make it within the current league set up? The answer is probably less than 5%.

So the SPFL lied when they said it was agreed unanimously to end the season?

Someone in the media - I’m unsure who - ran a story a week or so later saying two clubs voted against and that the SPFL statement was wrong. I have no idea if his story was any more accurate than the SPFLs. It was discussed on here but I can’t find the thread.

The thought of subsidisng other clubs in Scotland gets right up my big blue nose and has done for many years.

I haven't gone to an away game for many years but the thought that our board will expect our Loyal support to dig into their pockets more than normal to susidise Scottish football is a step too far.

I pay my Lotto and Rangers Pools and I am satisfied with that it helps the club financially when not playing.

The young lads may not get experience through lotto funding but playing against guys who will take great delight in telling their pals in the pub that night of how they kicked a wee Orange b*stard all over the park today just so that they can have a laugh is not for the future of Scottish football.

Clubs in Scotland will never step up to the mark as long as we continue to fund them and allow them to just survive for the sake of it.

Someone in the media - I’m unsure who - ran a story a week or so later saying two clubs voted against and that the SPFL statement was wrong. I have no idea if his story was any more accurate than the SPFLs. It was discussed on here but I can’t find the thread.

Bruce Archer in the Express iirc. If its untrue it means we have stayed silent as the SPFL claim we have agreed to end the season knowing the previous vote meant Celtic would be handed the title and Hearts have stayed silent after the SPFL claim they have agreed to end the season knowing that the previous vote meant that Hearts would be relegated.

And it's taken from May 18th until today for anyone from either club to publicly dispute that - and its come from the SLO in a post on here.

Think we agreed and decided to move on. There was no official quote.

Bruce Archer in the Express iirc. If its untrue it means we have stayed silent as the SPFL claim we have agreed to end the season knowing the previous vote meant Celtic would be handed the title and Hearts have stayed silent after the SPFL claim they have agreed to end the season knowing that the previous vote meant that Hearts would be relegated.

And it's taken from May 18th until today for anyone from either club to publicly dispute that - and its come from the SLO in a post on here.

Obviously it would have made no difference to the outcome but I agree, bizarre that neither Rangers nor Hearts sought to ‘clarify’ at the time. In fact, since it was Aberdeen who took, and distributed, the Minutes then every club in attendance will be aware that the SPFL statement was a lie. Yet silence all round.

Obviously it would have made no difference to the outcome but I agree, bizarre that neither Rangers nor Hearts sought to ‘clarify’ at the time. In fact, since it was Aberdeen who took, and distributed, the Minutes then every club in attendance will be aware that the SPFL statement was a lie. Yet silence all round.

Until now. Tbf, if @Greg Marshall is correct and it is minuted that Rangers were against that then it's a pretty massive deal

can’t find the article but he tweeted something similar on 23 May . Odd that the club haven’t challenged it

It is a massive deal, but I'm sorry, an unofficial post buried away in a thread on FF is hardly a denial from the club.
If this is a lie it should have been very publicly dealt with.

If the source was any closer to the horse’s mouth it would be the horse’s teeth.

Last edited:
I understand why there is frustration but having a colt team is critical for development and a great idea

can’t find the article but he tweeted something similar on 23 May . Odd that the club haven’t challenged it

For me, its even odder that Hearts havent. They were well aware of the consequences (ending the season = relegation) so for them to accept the SPFL lying the vote was unanimous seems completely out of sorts. Budge would release a statement if Neil Doncaster wiped his nose the wrong way just now but not a peep over this?

Taking the fact it would involve us working in conjunction with the cabal on this I see positives,
Having a colts team in the league would according to Michael Beale be a way to improve the youngsters development and its used in more progressive leagues.
From a monetary point of view the tickets we have committed to take each game I’m pretty sure we would sell to bears in the vicinity of the opposing ground.
From a home game point of view we would draw decent crowds if games were at a convenient time in an accessible venue, imagine the crowd we could get if our colts were in a title race against that other lots?
The streaming option if available would also generate money for the club via potential RTV pay per view.
From a fan accessibility point of view having our colts playing regularly at grounds up and down the country would be a great way of fans who can’t get to Ibrox getting to support the team and it could also be the first glimpse a potential generation of young bears get of a Rangers team which hopefully will lead to a lifetime supporting us!
An expanded top flight will at least give a bit more variety than we currently have and if it reduces our chances of playing Kilmarnock seven times a season what’s not to like?
If this proposal wasn’t being made against the backdrop of the last few months I would be a huge advocate but tbh I’m half hearted as there’s part of me that wants it to go tits up and Hearts to go legal!

Taking the fact it would involve us working in conjunction with the cabal on this I see positives,
Having a colts team in the league would according to Michael Beale be a way to improve the youngsters development and its used in more progressive leagues.
From a monetary point of view the tickets we have committed to take each game I’m pretty sure we would sell to bears in the vicinity of the opposing ground.
From a home game point of view we would draw decent crowds if games were at a convenient time in an accessible venue, imagine the crowd we could get if our colts were in a title race against that other lots?
The streaming option if available would also generate money for the club via potential RTV pay per view.
From a fan accessibility point of view having our colts playing regularly at grounds up and down the country would be a great way of fans who can’t get to Ibrox getting to support the team and it could also be the first glimpse a potential generation of young bears get of a Rangers team which hopefully will lead to a lifetime supporting us!
An expanded top flight will at least give a bit more variety than we currently have and if it reduces our chances of playing Kilmarnock seven times a season what’s not to like?
If this proposal wasn’t being made against the backdrop of the last few months I would be a huge advocate but tbh I’m half hearted as there’s part of me that wants it to go tits up and Hearts to go legal!

All well said but your last paragraph is paramount.

We would be introducing a colt team to work under the SPFL and SFA in a league setup that is corrupt. Does anyone actually want to debate this?

Does anyone think it is not corrupt? I would love to hear from you. Am I being over reactive, too sensitive here?

And if I am not. Why are we ignoring this principle? Surely the most important aspect in football is integrity? Then we look at the 2nd team etc Or do we take advantage and accept the crumbs of Lawwels table. Seem some think thats better than nothing.

Would our home games be played at Ibrox ? Playing a another full card of games on the pitch is just not going to happen it would fall apart.

Would think it would be auchenhowie. Got the stand built now, could probably add another one. Decent set up

So, we're dishing out money to clubs who pissed all over our proposal, AND guaranteeing them 200 through their gates at £15 a pop, so that their envious hammer throwers can kick the fucking shite out of, sorry, "toughen up" our colts?
And save backstabbing bastards Hertz (who are all mouth and no trousers when it comes to legal action) into the bargain?
Aye, haud me back from that.
The board will need to try harder to sell us that one IMO.

So, we're dishing out money to clubs who pissed all over our proposal, AND guaranteeing them 200 through their gates at £15 a pop, so that their envious hammer throwers can kick the fucking shite out of, sorry, "toughen up" our colts?
And save backstabbing bastards Hertz (who are all mouth and no trousers when it comes to legal action) into the bargain?
Aye, haud me back from that.
The board will need to try harder to sell us that one IMO.

Doncaster, Lawwell, McKenzie, McLelland et al will have been on a zoom conference last night pishing themselves with laughter.

Interesting proposal. It would improve Rangers by allowing young players better development and create new revenue streams for the club. For those reasons I support.

For the same reasons above, other clubs will vote it down. Its telling that we have to pay to improve Scottish football

Doncaster, Lawwell, McKenzie, McLelland et al will have been on a zoom conference last night pishing themselves with laughter.

we had them on the ropes at one point , no doubt they’re raising a glass and celebrating how they broke the rules and bullied clubs to their way of thinking and Rangers response is to ask for a Celtic colts team into the SPFL alongside our own and we will even pay for it .

how utterly pathetic and weak .

I’m hoping we have something up our sleeve but given we have been keeping powder dry since 2008 I doubt it

I’m torn on this. I think the game in this country needs a full-on rip it up and start again approach because it’s in a slow death spiral as far as I’m concerned and showing no indication of improvement. So the club being proactive in proposing change is good.

I’m sceptical about the actual real world return we’d see from playing the Colts at that level, but maybe we would get more first team players through or add notable value to sell them. Just have my doubts about it given the market we are in is generally dreadful in relative financial terms to those nearby.

I’m certainly not keen from an emotional point of view in actively boosting the coffers of clubs who wouldn’t piss on us if we were on fire, but accept we need a league to play in because it’s utter pie in the sky we’ll just pack our bags and go elsewhere.

I’m also not convinced that we’re going to see this bring a significant enough change in the toxic attitudes towards our club within the Scottish game, because we’ve allowed it to go so far now. Maybe I’d be proven wrong.

For me there’s too many clubs here and the vast majority are barely surviving financially, while providing little in entertainment value to sell our game to wider audiences. We can’t expect things to improve when so little money is spread so thin and proper governance and process is actively pushed aside and treated as unimportant because so many clubs exist hand-to-mouth.

If it works similar to Spain it will be a great idea.Fans up North of Scotland and isles could see youth team play Elgin City and Peterhead etc.But cost to R.F.C. Seem daring in times like this.Downside is already been posted hand gifts out to clubs that had the shovel and spade out to bury us.They will consider it to save the Heart,no other reason.

Back