Calvin Bassey signed

I don’t suppose any of us have seen him play. But the principle of signing a guy like this - out of contract and using the cross border rule as the benchmark for agreeing the compensation - has to be right. Same with picking up the goalie from St Mirren for nothing if he signs. Fill out your squad with guys like that and then spend proper money on proven quality like Hagi.

A squad filler to start the summer spending post Hagi (albeit one that was going to be needed as cover for Barisic). Let’s hope we sign at least 4/5 first team starters on top of any other squad fillers we’re signing. Another summer of squad fillers isn’t going to cut it.

No one will have shirley. No doubt someone will be along soon though.

From reading around he does seem well rated. A few years back he was the youngest player during the UEFA Youth Champions League. Played for the U19s when he was 16. Looks like a unit anaw.

calvin-basseyughelumba-of-leicester-city-in-action-with-joe-adams-of-picture-id1052300938

Welcome big Cal! Wonder if the fee is an actual transfer meaning we've made him a genuine target and wanted him, or if it's the youth compensation and he's a bit of a (hopefully successful) punt.
The f.u.cking size of him.

Never heard of him but decent pedigree it seems, happy with that as back up to borna. Hopefully similar to the signing they made of pingpong.

Another project signing not what we need right now at least for the next 12 months.
It's exactly what we need.

We need to operate as a modern European club with ambitions to compete on all fronts and build for the future. Having someone as good as Barisic with a young, hungry 20 year old behind him is much better than signing an ageing journeyman.

I get the impression that a lot of FF would be perfectly happy if we went back to being completely mediocre aslong as we win the title every other year.

Dare I say it, one for the games when Borna shites it?

Big Borna fan by the way.

Ok that’s the left back position covered, now let’s move onto other areas.

It’s going to be a busy summer...I hope.

Leicester support say it's a good move for him. Talented just never given a shot like many of their younger players.

Ughelumba sounds better. Strong, aggressive, athletic, good on the ball.

Looks like he could be another great bit of business for the club. Certainly looks like he'll cope with the physicality and at 230k he could make us a tidy profit in the future.

Look forward to seeing him pre-season!

It's exactly what we need.

We need to operate as a modern European club with ambitions to compete on all fronts and build for the future. Having someone as good as Barisic with a young, hungry 20 year old behind him is much better than signing an ageing journeyman.

I get the impression that a lot of FF would be perfectly happy if we went back to being completely mediocre aslong as we win the title every other year.
Of course we’d be happy if we went back to anything that resulted in us winning titles. Would you not be?

A squad filler to start the summer spending post Hagi (albeit one that was going to be needed as cover for Barisic). Let’s hope we sign at least 4/5 first team starters on top of any other squad fillers we’re signing. Another summer of squad fillers isn’t going to cut it.
He's a promising 20 year old in a position that we had one player for.

It's not a "squad filler" signing at all.

He's a shite and has a bad attitude ............just writing the daily rebels headline for them.

Never heard of him I like that randomness

Of course we’d be happy if we went back to anything that resulted in us winning titles. Would you not be?
Not if we do it in a way that takes us off of our current path.

Rangers has the potential to be on the same level as clubs like Ajax and Porto in European football, I'd rather wait a bit longer and realise that than being a shit Scottish team that does nothing outside of a 2 horse race.

Back