Chelsea preparing to step up pursuit of Kai Havertz - Telegraph

He is a cracking player and would replace Hazard and possibly take Chelsea back towards challenging again

Havertz, Ziyech and Werner are the potential Neymar, Ronaldo and Messi of the future. This is serious intent from Chelsea, immediate challengers.

Chelsea doing bits this window if they get a top centre back in they will be a stong side next season

Abraham up front, Werner and Ziyech out wide and Havertz in the middle. Might be the best attack in the premier league. However Chelsea still need to improve their defence and keeper if they want to challenge for the league.

I'd take this with a pinch of sat just now, it's a Daily Mail article for one, and there will be some other big teams all over this boy.

If they manage to sign Werner and Havertz, Chelsea could be frightening next season.

To be title challengers, they will also need a couple of serious upgrades in defence.

Last edited:
Get him sold, Leverkusen.

It's all falling in to place; Rangers Europa League champions 2020.

Agreed. Will save us having to qualify for the Europa League too, we'll go straight into the CL groups.
I'd expect us to be challenging for the CL next season too, wonder what odds we'd get on that unlikely double? :))

What a front line they'll have, but they still need a top midfielder, top centre back and a new goalkeeper if they want to even think about challenging.

Chelsea trying to be the Harlem Globetrotters here! That transfer ban has worked out well for them hasn't it, stockpiling the oil money. You'd be wanting £100m for the lad though.

He is a cracking player and would replace Hazard and possibly take Chelsea back towards challenging again
Totally different player to hazard. Both are superb players but he’s not his replacement.

If the Timo Werner signing goes through, and Chelsea then add Havertz to their roster (and possibly Ben Chilwell if the rumours are to be believed), they will have the makings of a side that could easily challenge Liverpool for EPL supremacy. What's more, Chelsea will have youth on their side and can only get better in the coming years, whereas many of Liverpool's key players - who are much older - have probably peaked.

In view of all these impressive new signings, I wonder what Lampard's plans are for Billy Gilmour?

Back