Kenny McLean

If we are continuing with the diamond in midfield then I think he would be a good signing, better than Holt and would give us better balance in midfield being a left footer. Getting him on a Bosman could be a good piece of business. Hopefully we can get McArthur on a free as well and we'll have a really good midfield. Jack/McCrorie at the base, McArthur and McLean either side and Dorrans at the tip.

Take him on a free, he is better that some in our squad, although not good enough to be starting 11 if we want number 55.

If it doesnt work out we punt him for a small sum. Fck Aberdeen, take every opportunity to fck them over.

Here’s how I see it we aspire to be first. With that reasoning why should we pursue a player who’s team can only achieve second best. I know our financial situation at the moment but chasing after Aberdeen players in this day and age isn’t how we'll achieve 55. There’s a real danger of us accepting mediocrity never.
Did you say that about Novo when he was at Dundee in sixth place the season before he scored 30 goals for us en route to wining the league?

No I'll bet you fucking didnt!

If we are continuing with the diamond in midfield then I think he would be a good signing, better than Holt and would give us better balance in midfield being a left footer. Getting him on a Bosman could be a good piece of business. Hopefully we can get McArthur on a free as well and we'll have a really good midfield. Jack/McCrorie at the base, McArthur and McLean either side and Dorrans at the tip.
Are you Dorrans lover mate?

As he's had two good games for us yet you and a few others are building our future midfield around him at the tip of a diamond, take away his penalties and they stats for a "premiership after" in the SPFL don't look good at all.

Only my opinion, but I see McLean as a decent journeyman and nothing more. I don`t see him adding a great deal of value to the side.

I don't know a great deal about him. But....

- he would be free
- he would weaken Aberdeen
- it would wind the sheep up
- his wages over a year would be less than he would be worth so it's a positive on the balance sheet
- he undoubtedly would contribute to the team

No doubt he won't be a superstar, but for the above points, it makes sense.

All through the years if there was as much social media as there is now then we would all have complained about some of the players who have proved to be great but came from teams less fancied ie, Rod Wallace, Boyd, Novo, Naismith and Thomson. You would probably had some raging we were signing an old man Caniggia.

Are you Dorrans lover mate?

As he's had two good games for us yet you and a few others are building our future midfield around him at the tip of a diamond, take away his penalties and they stats for a "premiership after" in the SPFL don't look good at all.

I admit he ain't been consistent enough for us yet but I'm confident he will still go on to become a really influential player for us. I do reckon he would be best suited to that attacking midfield position.

I admit he ain't been consistent enough for us yet but I'm confident he will still go on to become a really influential player for us. I do reckon he would be best suited to that attacking midfield position.
Mate, I hope I'm talking mince and you're right but I'm just not convinced Dorrans is going to do anything meaningful for us

I can't believe the negative comments on McLean. He would be a first choice for us and a no brainer on a free.

I with you there. I think he’s a better player than McGinn at Hibs who folk on here were creamin themselves over not so long ago

I don't know a great deal about him. But....

- he would be free
- he would weaken Aberdeen
- it would wind the sheep up
- his wages over a year would be less than he would be worth so it's a positive on the balance sheet
- he undoubtedly would contribute to the team

No doubt he won't be a superstar, but for the above points, it makes sense.
I was undecided until this post!

I'm not convinced that Kenny McLean is what we need. To be honest I'm not sure what we feckin need.
We need a midfield general. We need a Ferguson type player for a fee we can afford. We need a voice on the park that isn't afraid to give the players a bollocking when they're playing shite. Some one that can put their foot on the ball and control the game.

Wow
There’s a serious misunderstanding of both or either football or financials

I wouldn’t pay for him but would certainly sign him on a free. He is without doubt talented, more so than jack( good performer) but this bit has something.
People need to wake up to guys runnings about tackling hard like shinnie being there best player - this lad stands miles above in talent

Did you say that about Novo when he was at Dundee in sixth place the season before he scored 30 goals for us en route to wining the league?

No I'll bet you fucking didnt!

You’re making a comparison with Novo and Kenny McLean... How many Novos are there currently in Scottish football available None. If you look hard enough you can almost always find the one exception. McLean won’t score thirty goals and we go on to lift the tittle this season. I won’t apologise for wanting Rangers to sign a better caliber of player than what Aberdeen have. You should have a word with yourself before getting your high horse.

Where his family and girlfriend are from and still reside, it’s hardly an indication that he’s moving to us.
So many players and people in general buy property.
No indication whatsoever a player is signing.

if he's an improvement its minimal , we need players who have a hunger/desire to better themselves and see rangers as a vehicle to do that .......... being a fan just isn't enough these days

I reckon he's a good player, I would also take shinnie too, it's pretty difficult to predict how a player fits in, I remember wee aluko as not being a standout for them , at least I wasn't impressed one bit when I seen him play, and look how that turned out great wee player..

We should buy him and Walker or Murphy for left side. We really need reinforcements now.

Good player and our midfield is weak in numbers and quality he would improve us and I think he would improve as a player if he comes to us. Gives us balance, physical presence and good passing range so it’s a good move for us

KM is basically at this minute the standard of player we will get on low cost with our present financial situation, we'd all like a better standard that's for sure, but, until we qualify for the champs league or a good run in the europa or a bear with mega money invests in the club we are where we are IMO and KM or similar is what we'll be signing in the near future.

And there is where the problem lies, if McLean is the standard of player we are at just now we will never qualify for champions league or go on run in europa.

Groundhog Day anyone

You’re making a comparison with Novo and Kenny McLean... How many Novos are there currently in Scottish football available None. If you look hard enough you can almost always find the one exception. McLean won’t score thirty goals and we go on to lift the tittle this season. I won’t apologise for wanting Rangers to sign a better caliber of player than what Aberdeen have. You should have a word with yourself before getting your high horse.
Have a word with yourself that nonsense you've just typed.

I'll bet you'd have bee greeting like a wee bitch when we signed Davie Robertson from ABERDEEN, or John Brown from Dundee, Kris Boyd from Kilmarnock because you think "Rangers should sign a higher calibre of player"

Put a fork in yourself your done.

Made a howler and gifted a goal to Celtic today apparently. Decen player but not the sort of signing that will kick us on.

Have a word with yourself that nonsense you've just typed.

I'll bet you'd have bee greeting like a wee bitch when we signed Davie Robertson from ABERDEEN, or John Brown from Dundee, Kris Boyd from Kilmarnock because you think "Rangers should sign a higher calibre of player"

Put a fork in yourself your done.

He had a cracking game yesterday chasing shadows for 90mins against the scum. Thank God guys like you don’t pick the players we sign and it’s you’re not your lol but continue to try and abuse fellow Rangers fans just what we need at the moment

He had a cracking game yesterday chasing shadows for 90mins against the scum. Thank God guys like you don’t pick the players we sign and it’s you’re not your lol but continue to try and abuse fellow Rangers fans just what we need at the moment

WE don't need to sign players that are regularly skelped by them.

Seems like some on here have now decided that Aberdeen are now our closest rivals.
A shameful acceptance of mediocrity.
Just as Jack isn’t good enough to challenge them, neither is McLean.
Money needs to be found to fund a better calibre of player than perpetual losers to Celtic from Aberdeen.

Back