Club Statement

My biggest take from all of this is that despite no longer having anything remotely to do with us anymore other than as an entity who produces replica products, Sports Direct still went an almighty way out of their road just for basically a noise up.

A bunch of cun.ts led by the biggest cun.t of all.

An embarrassment of a company.

Great news. The panty wetters probably gave the rest of Scottish football a good laugh.

Hopefully they’ll now have the dignity to apologise to the board.

So we're still dealing indirectly with Sports Direct, who will also benefit from selling our tops (which they will, not everyone will get direct from Castore). That wasn't the narrative presented to us before the launch.

No Castore are, as they are with other retailers. You on the other hand don't have to, you can shop where you like, which won't be SD, buy direct from club, always.

So we're still dealing indirectly with Sports Direct, who will also benefit from selling our tops (which they will, not everyone will get direct from Castore). That wasn't the narrative presented to us before the launch.
Correct Ashley still making money off us

So Castore can form an agreement with SD?

Fair enough. If it’s legal and allowable, then there’s %^*& all you can do.

Just don’t buy it from there.

Just like they sell Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City tops.

We get the same cut out of it as we do with any other sports retailer mate.

Our strips will be in SD shops down south, where 99% of customers have no idea about our past history with them.

They'll just buy the strip and we'll get our cut.

Do folk really expect some kind of injunction put on Sports Direct, the biggest retailer in the UK preventing them from selling our merchandise, even if they have paid the company that supply it at the fair market value and we are receiving a cut from the purchase of the stock?

That'll do for me.

As long as SD need to buy the stock like every other retailer and the fat man only makes profit if he shifts them it's a win for us.

As a Rangers fan, buy direct from the club, Castore or any other future retailers/online stockists not linked to SD and your conscience is clear as Ashley makes nothing.

If SD are selling enough tops throughout UK to other football or sports fans to then purchase more from Castore its US that benefit most with money and profile.

If we had gone with Nike or Adidas, I assume they would have also sold our gear. If SD can make us money, let them. I can't see them making money for us, or themselves.

Great news. The panty wetters probably gave the rest of Scottish football a good laugh.

Hopefully they’ll now have the dignity to apologise to the board.
Sorry. But we’ve been bitten a hundred time’s over, no wonder half of the support are a bit shy.

something about how we managed to get out of his grasp so quietly (despite the backdrop of years of court cases) seems a little unusual to me.

I’m just waiting for a slap in the face that we have become accustomed to.

The panty wetters can breathe a sigh of relief now
Nothing to do with panty wetters. If you're comfortable with SD having any involvement with us in any way shape or form, you're a better man than me and every other bear who was rightly concerned. So you charge on with the panty wetting patter.

Because it basically has %^*& all to do with us, it is Castore's deal. At the end of the day, it makes us money while we don't have a single business relation with SD, can't exactly complain about that.

In my eyes they are still benefiting from our badge and our club......albeit it would need to take a moron to buy from SD.

I just hate that it took for the nonsense from that fat pie for the club/castore to say anything.

That shop should not be selling anything to do with our club and that's how it was told to us when the legal battle ended.

Folk really took the "premium sportswear" line to heart, didn't they? You'd think we had a sponsorship deal with Louis Vuitton. Yes, they might be higher priced than some of their competitors, but at the end of the day, their business plan would always have been to diversify between the expensive technical gear and the mainstream football lines.

It's a startup brand with investors to please. It needs to grow or it dies, and you don't grow by merely flogging hoodies. I mean, the bloke said, albeit ridiculously, in the first press release that he wants to challenge Nike. Do you think you can do that with just an online store? They require a high street presence and SD are a behemoth in that regard. It makes perfect sense for them.

This is just bad optics, really. I saw it coming a mile off.

Under free trade, Sports Direct are entitled to bulk buy to sell Rangers gear.
Under free trade, we are entitled to tell them to stick em and go and buy direct/elsewhere.

All good, nothing to see here?

Castore need to be wary and get any cash upfront and no unsold stock clauses.

Remember he had us tied into a deal where we had to buy all the units back that were not sold so he profited either way. They need to realise the vast majority won’t buy from there.

Still should have her haw to do with them either way.

Can see them selling them touch cheaper to get the dafties in our support ion the shops in hope of them buying the other shite they sell

With regards to the 1st of August sale date, I think mdingwall is right, didn't the home kit go on sale quite late last season? Maybe it needs to have a 12 month sale period or something.

Sorry. But we’ve been bitten a hundred time’s over, no wonder half of the support are a bit shy.

something about how we managed to get out of his grasp so quietly (despite the backdrop of years of court cases) seems a little unusual to me.

I’m just waiting for a slap in the face that we have become accustomed to.

I know that, i completely understand the nerves and scepticism, but it appears the club haven’t lied to anyone and are therefore due an apology.

What I suspect is that case is this - with their capacity for sales Sports Direct could not be written out of Castore selling them product. If they were then the "matching" element of the old contract would kick in - or at least be arguable in court.

The date if 1st August must be significant - I presume that is when the old contact to sell old stock runs out.

If Sports Direct buy stock from Castore then they are doing so like any other business. Their risk if it doesn't sell.

Makes sense.

How many kit manufacturers would work with us if we started including exclusions to high street chains?

So let me get this right, the single use of a word in the SD social media channels had fans on here threatening to return their items without even waiting on an update from Rangers? Those who did should be ashamed of themselves.

As is normal in almost all Clubs across the U.K. stock is going to be supplied by retail outlets such as SD to maximise income revenue, the message is clear - buy direct at OUR store or online.

Sports Direct are a billion pound company - they employ expert trolls.

When they put out material like that you know they will have had legal experts advise them on how to sail as close to the wind as possible in order to create confusion.

Do folk really expect some kind of injunction put on Sports Direct, the biggest retailer in the UK preventing them from selling our merchandise, even if they have paid the company that supply it at the fair market value and we are receiving a cut from the purchase of the stock?

Yes they do. The militant brigade. The one's that go from zero to psycho without drawing breath!

Just like they sell Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City tops.

We get the same cut out of it as we do with any other sports retailer mate.

Our strips will be in SD shops down south, where 99% of customers have no idea about our past history with them.

They'll just buy the strip and we'll get our cut.

Utd, Chelsea and City haven't dealt with Sports Direct in the way that we have. Big difference.

I can’t believe that Castore or Rangers didn’t realise how people would react to that. As soon as any sort of direct or indirect deal was done with Sports Direct to distribute tops then the club or Castore should have gotten this info out before allowing this to have developed on a day when we should be focussed on the amount of tops we’ve sold and what a phenomenal achievement it’s been.

why would a company who wants to be "premium sportswear" have a shithouse like SD selling their stuff? It makes no sense. I fear there is more to this than what we have just been told

Regardless of who the manufacturer is retailers are open to purchase stock from them. As part of the exit deal I would guess there were agreements in place that would exclude SD from being unable to purchase stock. I think Ashley has tried to pull a fast one and jump on the launch day hype without consent from the club which has caught them by surprise. Hence the delay in the statement. Retailers often use terminology such as exclusive when they have an early jump on competitors. When in reality it isn’t really exclusive. Regardless we still find ourselves on a solid ground with the retail department and should all be purchasing shirts still. This is just my opinion but I worked at HQ of a major sports retailer so know a little about how it works.

But we are still dealing with SD in some way.. i dont get it.giving them shirts to sell but basically saying dont buy from SD.. i dont care the ins and outs.. i dont want sd making 1 penny from us...so I'll say it again.. its not a new era that fat slug and his jumble sale are still hanging on. Making some money from us... like it or not we will still have fans who will use SD..

Last edited:
Back