Club Statement

I’m happy with that statement, only slight tinge of disappointment, could they have called fat man out for his ‘exclusive’ claim?

Due to the statement confirming sports direct and castore working together, even after castore had the cheek to previously laugh off any involvement with SD, I have tonight taken the tough decision to cancel my order. This was not an easy choice but one I fell is a must
Wonder why you ”fell” that .....

Due to the statement confirming sports direct and castore working together, even after castore had the cheek to previously laugh off any involvement with SD, I have tonight taken the tough decision to cancel my order. This was not an easy choice but one I fell is a must

If that is true you're an absolute welt :))

Is there a web based site to buy direct from Castore?

If so, could someone post the link on this thread.

Think that would be a useful addition to on to the thread.

A small part of me through gritted teeth tries to see the side of this that the sale of our shirts in the stores of whomever buys stock from us at a reasonable rate etc is part of the normalisation of our retail arm.

Near enough every other part wants our stuff nowhere near him.

The statement makes sense that we are in a better place with a far better deal but the exclusive part of the sports direct post still unsettles me

In my eyes sports direct are going to be the 1st store and possibly the only store to stock the new kit on the shelves come the release on August 1st

Theres no way they would post that without it being a fact
The Rangers store at Ibrox will stock it, as will other retail outlets

Ashley was shit stirring with his exclusive comment

Can’t get me head round how daft people are that would think Castore wouldn’t sell strips to the biggest sports retailer in the UK.

I’ve read folk saying ‘oh well Adidas have pulled back from them’, aye, maybe they can but Castore are just starting out and people are doolally if they think they will cut off all ties with SD on Rangers behalf, they want to make it in football and take on the bigger brands, you don’t do that by cutting off your nose to spite your face.

why would a company who wants to be "premium sportswear" have a shithouse like SD selling their stuff? It makes no sense. I fear there is more to this than what we have just been told
They do sell underarmour stuff which is quite good, along with every other big sports brand. We had a long drawn out legal battle with them, which is now over.
There are no other sports retail outlets in the UK with their reach, so like it or not, they can be used by our shirt suppliers to make them and us more money and give us more representation in the UK.
We don't need to buy from them, but perhaps others will.
To be fair, the end result of their purchase of our kits will probably be very cheap sales at the end of their life due to a large surplus in their stock.
Perhaps we'd have preferred JD sports, but they've gone a different route.

Makes no sense, but ok

A small part of me through gritted teeth tries to see the side of this that the sale of our shirts in the stores of whomever buys stock from us at a reasonable rate etc is part of the normalisation of our retail arm.

Near enough every other part wants our stuff nowhere near him.
There is nothing normal about dealing with them. They'll be cunts about it, without a single shred of doubt.

Well done on completely missing the point of the Rangers statement

You’re at it surely.

Castore said their investor wasn’t Mike Ashley. That was it.

I know we have deep emotional ties to this for obvious reason but there’s a school of thought on all this tonight that is simply “shop buys stock” and nothing more.

LOL. At least you'll probably get it or £10 cheaper when SD sell it.

Exactly, all these panty wetter comments are out of order, have they been living in a different world over the last 7 or 8 years?
We have been stiffed by SD before, no wonder there was a reaction.
We haven’t been stiffed, get a grip and try and enjoy the news we’ve sold 40k plus today!

Can’t wait for the polo tops to be released. Feeling a bit old now to wear a team top, but you never know.

It is a simple case of Castore just selling to retailers to maximise both theirs and our profits. By not purchasing from SD they'll be buying stock which we profit from and they won't be able to sell losing them money, win win in my eyes.
Castore have to make partnership with retailers if they want to succeed in the football market. What happened between us and SD doesn’t concern them, it’s their business who they sell to.

The club statement does no such thing. It says that Castore have wholesale supply agreements with a number of retailers, SD aren't even mentioned by name in the statement

I agree. If you are trying to build a high end brand, as Castore are, then the last place you want to be associated with is Sports Direct. It flies in the face of their strategy and devalues their product. Anyone paying £160 for a hoodie, doesn’t want to see it next to the Lonsdale & Donnay gear.

Something stinks here.

To be clear, they are only stocking the shirt. SD sell replica of from literally every major European team. If there were a bunch of Castore hoodies kicking about in stores then I’d be concerned but they are just stocking the shirt - the same as any other club. I imagine this was part of the deal to get rid of SD they can still purchase stock from our new manufacturer. Just don’t buy it from them.

A football top isnt a high end item, this is castores first real step into this kind of market place. Alienating the UK biggest sports retailer when your trying to test a market and make money isnt a smart business move.

We all hate Ashley but Castore job is to make money.

I agree a football top isn’t high end, but for many, this will be the start of when the brand and the logo of Castore starts to be seen/recognised.
Fat Mike’s Jumble Sale is no place to be associated with on any level, it’s utterly toxic.

Can you buy from the club/castore directly? Yes
Do we have the store back? Yes
Do we get all money entitled from every shirt? Yes

That's all that matters for me
Indeed mate. As long as we get the same money from shirts sold through Sports Direct stores then it's good for me,as much as I hate Ashley and everything he stands for. It presents our kit to a much wider market so makes sense commercially.

Absolutely love folk pretending they expected SD to still be selling our strips. :D:D

Course you did.
The legal case never disappeared for nothing.

If folk are niaive enough to think that we would be able to walk away from any sort of involvement from SD then they need to give themselves a shake.

Don't think there's any doubt SD will under-cut the price versus going direct.

This will entice a lot of our fans, and to be honest I can see plenty of folk taking that option, particularly in the current economic landscape.

Can’t get me head round how daft people are that would think Castore wouldn’t sell strips to the biggest sports retailer in the UK.

I’ve read folk saying ‘oh well Adidas have pulled back from them’, aye, maybe they can but Castore are just starting out and people are doolally if they think they will cut off all ties with SD on Rangers behalf, they want to make it in football and take on the bigger brands, you don’t do that by cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Its some laugh watching you wiggle about trying to pretend you knew SD would be stocking our stuff, and your absolutely fine with it. :D

Come off it man.

I don't understand why the club cant just come out and say, "we have no further connection with SD".

For some reason they have avoided doing this. We know we are in a partnership with Castore, but that doesnt mean we dont also have an ongoing deal with Ashley as well. Why on earth would Rangers (or Castore for that matter) want SD stocking the kit? I thought part of this deal with Castore was about expanding online retail and opening a small number of stores?

If SD can offer the kit as well, they will likely sell it cheaper which means a lot of people will buy it there regardless, benefiting Ashley. Whereas, if you can only buy it through Rangers or Castore the profit is higher.

Last edited:
There’s staunch and then there’s just stupid.

In my eyes they are still benefiting from our badge and our club......albeit it would need to take a moron to buy from SD.

I just hate that it took for the nonsense from that fat pie for the club/castore to say anything.

That shop should not be selling anything to do with our club and that's how it was told to us when the legal battle ended.

As stated on previous post like it or not SD are the biggest retailers in the UK.
If we wish to maximise sales throughout the UK we need our kit in as many retail outfits as possible.
Obviousley the club are making it clear they would prefer fans buy direct.
However we are also trying to maximse sales to ",browsers" who like the look of strip, for that we need strips in as many high street retailers as possible.

I don't understand why the club cant just come out and say, "we have no further connection with SD".

For some reason they have avoided doing this. We know we are in a partnership with Castore, but that doesnt mean we dont also have an ongoing deal with Ashley as well. Why on earth would Rangers (or Castore for that matter) want SD stocking the kit? I thought part of this deal with Castore was about expanding online retail and opening a small number of stores?

If SD can offer the kit as well, they will likely sell it cheaper which means a lot of people will buy it there regardless, benefitting Ashley. Whereas, if you can only buy it through Rangers or Castore the profit is higher. It feels like we've been a little bit misled.

What I suspect is that case is this - with their capacity for sales Sports Direct could not be written out of Castore selling them product. If they were then the "matching" element of the old contract would kick in - or at least be arguable in court.

The date if 1st August must be significant - I presume that is when the old contact to sell old stock runs out.

If Sports Direct buy stock from Castore then they are doing so like any other business. Their risk if it doesn't sell.

The legal case never disappeared for nothing.

If folk are niaive enough to think that we would be able to walk away from any sort of involvement from SD then they need to give themselves a shake.
You are right, but I was indeed naive enough to think that in all honesty.

There is no way Rangers and Castore actually want to put the strips in SD. Certain people should stop trying to push that line.

Back