Future Manager?

Is there any past and present players who you think has the minerals to become a future Rangers manager.

Two that stick out for me are:

Kevin Thomson

Jermaine Defoe

What on earth makes either have the minerals , whatever that means , to be the manager .

there is a severe weird obsession among the fan base about ex players . The thought of Thomson or Lovenkrands ( mentioned before )as rangers manager gives me the absolute fear and Defoe .... that one is flabbergasting beyond belief .

for what it’s worth I’d bet my salary Thomson or Defoe will never be rangers manager

I think Ross Wilson will take us down the European route next time. He will have a succession plan in place, hopefully a long time away and we are entering a trophy laden period!

Always think this kind of thing is a pointless exercise. Albeit it’s a forum and prompts discussion but there are far too many variable to predict these things.

Thomson needs to go and manage somewhere before he gets anywhere near our job as manager.
He doesn’t really. It looks like the club structure is going to be in line with that of other top European clubs of promoting from within.

What on earth makes either have the minerals , whatever that means , to be the manager .

there is a severe weird obsession among the fan base about ex players . The thought of Thomson or Lovenkrands ( mentioned before )as Rangers manager gives me the absolute fear and Defoe .... that one is flabbergasting beyond belief .

for what it’s worth I’d bet my salary Thomson or Defoe will never be Rangers manager
You’ll lose a lot of money pal. Thomson is highly regarded by all at Auchenhowie. Just because he hasn’t managed elsewhere doesn’t mean he’d be a failure whatsoever.

GVB
Ronald De Boer
Rino

As long as there's no massive rebuilding job to be done, and we already had a top class scouting system in place with a director of football, I think any of those 3 would do a great job with the experience they already have.

there is a severe weird obsession among the fan base about ex players . The thought of Thomson or Lovenkrands ( mentioned before )as Rangers manager gives me the absolute fear and Defoe .... that one is flabbergasting beyond belief .

for what it’s worth I’d bet my salary Thomson or Defoe will never be Rangers manager

Thomson isn't just highly-rated at us, he's widely regarded throughout the game as a top coach. Why do you think he doesn't have the potential to be our manager? Would you have thought it about Gerrard?

Flabbergasting beyond belief?

Considering he's already coaching younger players and strikers, I would say he wants to go into coaching. If he becomes good at it, I imagine rangers would be a club be would like to manage considering how much he loves being here.

Highly flabbergasting.

Thomson isn't just highly-rated at us, he's widely regarded throughout the game as a top coach. Why do you think he doesn't have the potential to be our manager? Would you have thought it about Gerrard?
Have you got any evidence of this at all or have we now got to the stage of hyping up academy coaches now never mind first team players
At this rate if KT gets the job and doesn’t do a treble in his first season he’ll have been a letdown

This 100%, look at some of our greatest managers, jock Wallace, Walter Smith, big eck (non ex players). Then on the flipside (greig, and unfortunately ally). It seems nowadays (especially with us) that ex players just seem to get a free pass based on how they were as a player, gees there were some saying they hoped vignal was joining the first team staff! Based on what!? A goal at the piggery 15 years ago or so?

Back