Matt Polster possibly away?

Scottm1872

Official Ticketer
Daily Mail journo Craig Hope has said on Twitter he's heard Polster is away to New England Revolution for £300,000

don't particularly thought he got a lot of time to show what he can do but the coaches probably know more than we do. Anyone who mentions Leverkusen has to know that they have some really good players and are miles above the Scottish league level

sad day for those who like his bird though :D

Make it £200,000 but we get to keep Mrs Polster.

Seriously though nothing against the guy but he’s not good enough.

Think this is best for everyone, if true.

He isn't going to play for us and even if we don't sign anyother RB Tav and McCrorie are enough for that position.

Makes sense, seems a decent guy and a decent enough player, but lets be honest, Tav basically doesn't miss a game. If we do need cover we've got Patterson and McCrorie back from a season where he's played mostly as RB as well. Should be more than enough.

Good guy. Goes with my best. Was relatively low risk bringing him in, had he been a roaring success it may have helped increase fan base etc in the US.

Him and his good lady seem to be fans now.

I always remember the vast difference between Polster and Flanagan at Tynecastle away in January. Flanagan so reluctant to go forward and drive us up the pitch whereas when Polster came on in the second half, he was very positive for us by offering us a bit more in that right back position that day

He was a very decent player who contributed in various positions when asked to. Can’t say more than that. His natural gift is lower than many others who have worn our colours but he used what he had, something that not all do. Won’t be particularly sad to see him go but he goes with all my best wishes and the hope that he can excel at a slightly lower level.

It does make the right back slit interesting though. We now would have really absolutely no senior cover for Tav. Jack is probably best suited if needed. So the question is whether we think Patterson is ready or whether a senior deputy will be acquired. I’m happy to trust the management either way. Patterson looked pretty decent in his few run outs but also had enough question marks that I wouldn’t be upset if he’s not considered the answer at present.

Also clears the route for Patterson with Flanagan and Polster gone.

Have said this for a long time; would rather put faith in our talented youngsters than average squad players. Also saves so much money on the wage bill.

He was decent in most of the games he played, seen far worse players than him in recent years

Back