Alfredo “carrying a knock” - will he be fit for Dolly

He is back in full training I think, I’m sure Gerrard said he was training separately for a while doing conditioning training

I suspect a deal has already been done for Alfie and we have also done deals for a few players but until transfer window opens and we get money for Alfie nothing will be done. It's Obviously an usual window and a long one this year.

Did the transfer window not open on July 1st? Has the dates been moved for Covid? Must have missed that....
Not really sure when the dates are this year but I think it does not close untill October ,not sure when it officially opens. The English clubs probably waiting till their season finishes

The club have kept him out of all kit promotions and hardly been present on photos of training etc. For him being our biggest asset, you’d think they’d show him off as much as others. Has to be something in it that he’s for the off.
By your logic, would he not be in everything if he was for the off?

I doubt he is even injured. I think this is even more evidence pointing towards an imminent exit. Show us the £££

I don't think Alfie is the type to be smashing the fitness during lockdown I suspect he's needing hammered in the fitness side.

I don't think Alfie is the type to be smashing the fitness during lockdown I suspect he's needing hammered in the fitness side.

I remain confused by the fitness issue after he returned from suspension at the start of the year.

He looked clearly unfit to me, yet Gerrard continued to pick him every week and I’m sure said he’d been training well.

What that then suggests is that he just couldn’t really be bothered anymore, which is way more concerning.

If there’s any truth in that and he’s had his fill of Scotland (who could blame him?) then he needs moved on ASAP in order that we can bring in a suitable replacement.

With the European game against Leverkusen still to be played then yes as if he does only Defoe will be eligible. Suspect he may go after the Leverkusen game if we go out though.
Honestly think we will be using the Euro game as no more than a glorified friendly for fitness . Anything we gets a bonus

Honestly think we will be using the Euro game as no more than a glorified friendly for fitness . Anything we gets a bonus

Yeah I don't expect us to go through either but until we are officially out then I don't see anyone else being moved on especially Alfie as we still need to use the squad registered from last season.

All the talk that Alfredo is away.... We haven't signed his replacement so his 'departure' isn't as imminent

He turned up unfit again and was training separately from the team to work on his conditioning. He will be going through a rigorous training plan to get himself up to speed.

Back