Friday night games at Ibrox

Broxi1985

Official Ticketer
Sorry if already covered. Only just realising we have 2 Friday night home games. 2nd October and 6th November.

Great.

If we are allowed back by that time that’s 2 more games I’ll struggle to get to. Travelling fans fucked over again. And again I see we are home Boxing Day fs

The EL play offs are on 1 October, so if we make those the Ross County game won’t be the Friday night (2nd October).

There's absolutely ZERO chance of fans being in stadiums this year.

More chance of another Lockdown first.

You don’t actually know that despite your Caps, nobody does. My guess is reduced capacity by year end at the latest.

Football crowds won’t be the cause of a 2nd lockdown, idiotic behaviour elsewhere will be.

Last edited:
You dont think fans will be back by that stage?
It's not been said publicly but I suspect the sfa and spfl are targeting October for fans to be back, if not in full at least in reasonable numbers.

The sfa have the sold out play off game v Israel in October, poets will want fans for game v us, and the lower leagues all start up then. The Sfa will not want to refund all those play off tickets and as we know they and the poets have sway with the Nat government

Whether it happens or not time will tell, but saying there's no chance is wide off the mark. If the numbers are as they are now or lower in 3 months time, if you won't go back to normal then, will you ever?

Sorry if already covered. Only just realising we have 2 Friday night home games. 2nd October and 6th November.

We still won't be getn into The Stadium on Oct 2nd to see us in action so if as I expect (coz I ain't heard any word) The Stranglers have their last ever gig at O2 Academy then I'll head there. Fuukin Friday night fixtures, obviously coz we go to Leverkusen the following midweek.

There's absolutely ZERO chance of fans being in stadiums this year.

More chance of another Lockdown first.
Hysterical nonsense.

You have no idea at all that this is going to be the case. I know they are aiming for October, hence the date of our game at the piggery, Jason Leitch himself said we should write it in pencil, not pen. So he obviously thinks the chances are a fair bit higher than zero.

It’s due to the Scotland games following midweek
Don't understand that rationale. Scotland game isn't till a week on Sunday after the Ross County game. In that it makes no sense why it means we have to be a Friday night?

*Edit, got that from SFA site which isn't updated. Seems Scotland play the following following Thursday. Still unsure why that means Friday night football for us though.

Last edited:
Take it you've not been keeping up with things?
I take it you've not seen pubs are already being shut in England due to COVID; areas are being locked down (Leicester / Dumfries); this has a long way to run.

Championship clubs aren't being allowed to start back until October; yet we expect there to be a crowd at an OF. Give it 3 weeks and we will be locked down again.

I take it you've not seen pubs are already being shut in England due to COVID; areas are being locked down (Leicester / Dumfries); this has a long way to run.

Championship clubs aren't being allowed to start back until October; yet we expect there to be a crowd at an OF. Give it 3 weeks and we will be locked down again.
Is that what you actually think has happened?

It's not been said publicly but I suspect the sfa and spfl are targeting October for fans to be back, if not in full at least in reasonable numbers.

The sfa have the sold out play off game v Israel in October, poets will want fans for game v us, and the lower leagues all start up then. The Sfa will not want to refund all those play off tickets and as we know they and the poets have sway with the Nat government

Whether it happens or not time will tell, but saying there's no chance is wide off the mark. If the numbers are as they are now or lower in 3 months time, if you won't go back to normal then, will you ever?
There isnt a chance the government are going to just allow full crowds back in to appease Celtic or the SFA. If crowds are indeed back by then it will be because it is safe to do so, not just so the scum get their own way.

Think everyone is missing the point that the SPFL have made a mess of this again.

We will likely have a EL qualifier on Thurs Oct 1. Celtic will have a CL qualifier on Wed Sept 30.

The Fri Oct 2nd fixtures almost certainly won't go ahead and we can't play at the weekend as that has been kept free for international football.

This only creates more fixture congestion.

Hysterical nonsense.

You have no idea at all that this is going to be the case. I know they are aiming for October, hence the date of our game at the piggery, Jason Leitch himself said we should write it in pencil, not pen. So he obviously thinks the chances are a fair bit higher than zero.

Hysterical nonsense that there won't be a 2nd Wave then the Seasonal Flu?

I'll bet my house there is No Chance of full capacity or even near it crowds by the end of

Think everyone is missing the point that the SPFL have made a mess of this again.

We will likely have a EL qualifier on Thurs Oct 1. Celtic will have a CL qualifier on Wed Sept 30.

The Fri Oct 2nd fixtures almost certainly won't go ahead and we can't play at the weekend as that has been kept free for international football.

This only creates more fixture congestion.

TV or not, the club must be absolutely on the ball and ensure any sporting disparity caused by the fixtures like last season with the Hibs Friday night debacle is pushed back against as strongly as possible.

I get this makes travel etc difficult (assuming we're allowed back) but personally I really like a night game. Better than 12.30 on a Sunday mince.

Why are so many folk still posting zero chance of fans in stadiums this year? It’s absolute hysterical nonsense, it wasn’t so long ago the same folk told us there would be no football of any kind this year, with or without fans, or there won’t be fans in stadiums until there is a vaccine.

Slowly but surely the country is moving back to some normality.

Both of the Friday night games are scheduled the day after the Europa League group stage and a group stage game. I can see both of these games being postponed.

SPFL have made a right feck up of the fixtures. I wonder why they decided to schedule league games after Europa League ties.

Why are so many folk still posting zero chance of fans in stadiums this year? It’s absolute hysterical nonsense, it wasn’t so long ago the same folk told us there would be no football of any kind this year, with or without fans, or there won’t be fans in stadiums until there is a vaccine.

Slowly but surely the country is moving back to some normality.
Some people enjoy being negative - I think October seems a reasonable timeframe to have people back in stadiums. Time will tell whether it's achieved but it's not completely out the question

Hysterical nonsense that there won't be a 2nd Wave then the Seasonal Flu?

I'll bet my house there is No Chance of full capacity or even near it crowds by the end of
No, it’s hysterical nonsense to suggest there is ZERO chance of getting fans in this year like you suggested.

Of course it’s possible there’s a 2nd wave, but right now even the world’s leading experts can’t agree on what is going to happen. So to say we have zero chance of fans this year is just rubbish.

Back