Where would we finish in the English Premiership?

Where do we finish?

• 1-4

Votes: 52 5.5%
  • 5-6

Votes: 40 4.2%
  • 7-10

Votes: 189 19.9%
  • 11-14

Votes: 319 33.5%
  • 15-17

Votes: 225 23.7%
  • Relegated

Votes: 126 13.2%

• Total voters

Greenisland Bear

Having an argument with a mate and I genuinely think we could push top ten in our current state.

With time and EPL TV Money we could look top 6 and 4.

Just watching a lot of the games, and the standard is not as good as many would have you believe.

Our Euro form shows w're a match for most teams on our day.

For a start we are comfortably better than the three who will be relegated, Norwich, Bournemouth and Villa.

Hypothetically where do you think we would finish in our current form?

other than being staunch, what makes you think we would be in the top 10? seriously? teams with near enough the same size of support, albeit a completely different make up, have struggled for years?

also look at clubs like Everton, loads of money and poor recruitment and they have done %^*& all for years. i'd want us no where near the premiership.

With the extra cash and with us being able to attract better players I’d say top half.

On our current budget we'd be looking at 11th-14th I feel, near your Newcastle's and Southampton's of the league.

With Premier League TV money though we'd be looking at 4th-8th after a few years to build up a squad. You'd think we'd get in a manager along the likes of Ancelotti (I guess if he'd join Everton he'd join us if we were in a similar position to them) and the players would fall in place over time.

I'd love to see us in the Prem.

Was looking at the premiership table the other day, from 9th place downwards the league is full of utter dross in terms of actual teams and size of club. Teams are all fit and well organised, but otherwise they are very ordinary. A couple of years in that league with access to the tv money we would be in the top echelon (if properly managed).

I think we could come 8-12th with the current squad, although we are maybe a wee bit weak in terms of replacements to sustain that for a season.

with equal resources we could challenge at the top end of the league after a few seasons.

Having an argument with a mate and I genuinely think we could push top ten in our current state.

With time and EPL TV Money we could look top 6 and 4.

Just watching a lot of the games, and the standard is not as good as many would have you believe.

Our Euro form shows w're a match for most teams on our day.

For a start we are comfortably better than the three who will be relegated, Norwich, Bournemouth and Villa.

Hypothetically where do you think we would finish in our current form?
You can’t say we are comfortably better than Villa, if they came with their squad into our league I reckon they’d win it quite comfortably.

We’d be in a relegation battle with the current team in my opinion

Taken into consideration how we have performed recently against good European opposition, I would say somewhere in 7-10, right now. After a few years, higher than that.

English football would suit us better than the slugfest that is the SPL.

Relegated. We'd struggle playing a much higher quality of opponent week after week, that by the time we'd be able to adjust to it, we'd be too far behind.

Current squad etc, 10th to 18th

As an established EPL side with the financial backing, a club of our history and fan base could win it. An EPL Rangers represents a massive opportunity for a significant investor

You can’t say we are comfortably better than Villa, if they came with their squad into our league I reckon they’d win it quite comfortably.

We’d be in a relegation battle with the current team in my opinion
I watched a lot of Villa last year in the Championship and they were excellent. A better team than they are now. They had Tammy Abraham leading the line and Grealish and McGinn playing out of their skins. El Ghazi was brilliant too. Mings was a rock as well.

However, this year they opted for the chequebook approach and it's failed spectacularly.

McGinn was brilliant for the six weeks or so. he went through a huge slump even before his injury and his since came back very behind in terms of what he can offer. Grealish has been dragging Villa through games. But the lack of actual quality in the side is alarming.

No Centre forward and the two they bought turned out to be total duds. Sammata and Wesley (Before his season ending injury). El Ghazi has been very poor.

They filled their squad with so many average players for huge money.

No way in hell they stroll our league.

I put 11th to 14th with the current side.

The current teams from 15th to 20th are extremely poor but we're conditioned by the media to believe the EPL hype.

I believe we would more than hold our own outwith the top 6 sides and when the money came in there would be no limit a club of our stature could achieve.

Nowhere near the top but not in relegation positions either, id say around midtable possibly 9th or 10th. Playing at Ibrox against these sides would be more like european tie than the quieter fixtures against ross or hamilton, also the end of bent refs and all the corruption would be massive.

We would take some hammerings over the season but could also beat sides like Man Utd or Spurs at home. Theres plenty of teams i wouldnt be worried about playing anyway, if its so tough so impossible then how are Shef utd and Wolves doing so well they were told they had no chance when promoted.

Lets hope it happens, or we are least trying everything to get a move to League 1 or 2 i actually used to like scottish football and the rivals we have but not now, now its corrupt and run by or for the benefit of evil. We are often told we wont win the English top league, ever, which might well be a fair comment not sure we will win the scottish league either though. Its the most corrupt competition in world sport.

If it's play in the EPL with squad of 19/20 then I think we would be battling relegation in all honesty.

However, if we had a full summer to prepare and had the money even the promoted clubs get for getting into the EPL then it would be a different story altogether.

With this current squad we'd be fighting relegation, a 15th place finish would be possible but no way would we be pushing for a top 10 place. We simply do not have the overall quality in the squad to be consistent to finish mid-table. We aren't even consistent enough in this league to keep a realistic title challenge going throughout the full season.

We would hold our own, after a season or 2 we would be competing for the CL places.

Finance and being able to attract the best players in the world wouldn’t be a problem anymore.

I watched a lot of Villa last year in the Championship and they were excellent. A better team than they are now. They had Tammy Abraham leading the line and Grealish and McGinn playing out of their skins. El Ghazi was brilliant too. Mings was a rock as well.

However, this year they opted for the chequebook approach and it's failed spectacularly.

McGinn was brilliant for the six weeks or so. he went through a huge slump even before his injury and his since came back very behind in terms of what he can offer. Grealish has been dragging Villa through games. But the lack of actual quality in the side is alarming.

No Centre forward and the two they bought turned out to be total duds. Sammata and Wesley (Before his season ending injury). El Ghazi has been very poor.

They filled their squad with so many average players for huge money.

No way in hell they stroll our league.
They are playing Premier league football though, our league is pish, most of the players you mentioned would be more than a level above up here. Grealish would be the best player in the league by an absolute mile, Mings the best defender

They are playing Premier league football though, our league is pish, most of the players you mentioned would be more than a level above up here. Grealish would be the best player in the league by an absolute mile, Mings the best defender
Our players and Celtics are also a level above here also.

Grealish would be the best player in the league, but I dont see Villa as better than us or them.

We have some deluded fans it seems, with this current squad in the form they was we'd struggle to stay up, yeah there's some so called shite in the EPL but they are still way better than us at the moment, time to peel of those blue tinted specs and look at it in "reality vision".

So hope we get it together this season and some of the chancers step up and live the dream...

Back