Lazio linked with Morelos

Bonnyloyal

A report in Italy states that Lazio have put Alfredo Morelos at the top of their shortlist for a summer transfer.

Simone Inzaghi's side have mounted an unlikely title challenge in Serie A this season, but have struggled after the three month shutdown.

A lack of squad depth was exposed in defeat to Milan, when Ciro Immobile's and Felipe Caicedo were both suspended and the Biancocelesti were left with no recognised forwards.

As a result the Italians are expected to make a striker their priority this summer, and ItaSportPress reports that Rangers star Morelos is at the top of sporting director Igli Tare's shortlist.

Lazio are looking for a high quality striker to rotate with Immobile, and have been impressed by Morelos' 29 goals and 10 assists in 46 games during 2019-20.

It's claimed Rangers value El Bufalo at around €20million (£18million), with clubs across Europe said to be interested

Alfredo Morelos is the first name on Igli Tare's list to strengthen the technical sector in view of the next championship. Great protagonist of the season in Scotland with the Glasgow Rangers, he managed to score 21 goals in 38 appearances between national competitions and the Europa League. The player is valued by the company around 20 million euros, and there is no lack of competition across Europe for a footballer who has attracted the sirens of many clubs around him. Lazio and Morelos could row in the same direction for the coming season, if the Biancocelesti manage to burn the stages and win the strong center forward

£20 million plus and that's an excellent move for him Champions League football next year a sell on is a must

...there is no lack of competition across Europe for a footballer who has attracted the sirens of many clubs around him
I smell a bidding war...

If this is true, I don’t think we can keep him. Serie A is bound to turn his head and Lazio should be able to match our asking price. His agent has certainly been busy since the lockdown.

I smell a bidding war...

If this is true, I don’t think we can keep him. Serie A is bound to turn his head and Lazio should be able to match our asking price. His agent has certainly been busy since the lockdown.

A bidding war is the best thing that can happen. I don't care who we punt him to as long as we extract every last possible penny from them.

The last thing we want is a club from a higher profile league trying to turn his head and get him on the cheap.

Interesting that the price tag is listed as £18m as that was what Robertson suggested last year we would be looking for.

I’m not sure if that figure has been affected by the pandemic or not, but you can bet if that’s what we end up getting for him plenty on here will have a fit.

A report in Italy states that Lazio have put Alfredo Morelos at the top of their shortlist for a summer transfer.

Simone Inzaghi's side have mounted an unlikely title challenge in Serie A this season, but have struggled after the three month shutdown.

A lack of squad depth was exposed in defeat to Milan, when Ciro Immobile's and Felipe Caicedo were both suspended and the Biancocelesti were left with no recognised forwards.

As a result the Italians are expected to make a striker their priority this summer, and ItaSportPress reports that Rangers star Morelos is at the top of sporting director Igli Tare's shortlist.

Lazio are looking for a high quality striker to rotate with Immobile, and have been impressed by Morelos' 29 goals and 10 assists in 46 games during 2019-20.

It's claimed Rangers value El Bufalo at around €20million (£18million), with clubs across Europe said to be interested
Fat, lazy, miserable, huffy, unfit, moody, uncooperative, looking for a move, not scoring, celtic, red, yellow, card.
Bingo?

Alfies here to stop 9 in a row.
%^*& lazio.

The constant speculation around Alfredo is tiring and isn’t good for the squad when we’re already 3 weeks away from the start of the league. Looks like his agent is working overtime.
That being said i do wonder if our spending this summer is dependant on Alfredos sale. a top 5 club of any of the big leagues is exactly the type of club we need to be interested. Big clubs = big money

Last edited:
To a club like Lazio, Morelos is a 20-25m player (or above), in my opinion.

Players of Morelos' technical and physical quality do not come along every day.

If the appropriate valuation is not met, then I'd like to think Alfredo will remain a Rangers player and will continue to deliver for the club.

Last edited:
The constant speculation around Alfredo is tiring and isn’t good for the squad when we’re already 3 weeks away from the start of the league. Looks like his agent is working overtime.
That being said i do wonder if our spending this summer is dependant on Alfredos sale. a top 5 club of any of the big leagues is exactly the type of club we need to be interested. Big clubs = big money
Constant speculation around our players getting big moves is a positive for me. I wish our starting XI were all being linked with clubs like Lazio. It would mean we have some team.

To a club like Lazio, Morelos is a 20-25m player (or above), in my opinion.
I'd agree with that.

If he moves to the EPL then you can forgive us accepting something in the £15-20m range but if he goes to a top Serie A club then there is a massive chance he ends up at Juventus or one of the Milan clubs for silly money after a year.

Constant speculation around our players getting big moves is a positive for me. I wish our starting XI were all being linked with clubs like Lazio. It would mean we have some team.

I agree with you in the sense that we have a quality player who will make us a lot of money or even if he stays scores a lot of goals.
I worry that our tactics around pre season will have a large focus on how we play with Alfredo in the team. If he leaves in August in the middle of European qualifiers & league games it makes things very tough for us. It also means clubs increase their price for any replacement we go after if they know we need a Morelos replacement

Guesswork clickbait
Although you'd have to admit a champions League club paying £20m is far more realistic for the boys standard. When does Italian football restart? October maybe, lot could happen between now and then. Hopefully we're top of the league and in the Europa group stages again and the board hold fire for the full season

20m 25% sell on and reinvest in 3 or 4 players. Id love him to stay and leave with a Title but the lure of reinvestment is too strong.

Back