Sheffield Utd v Chelsea

BobbyShearer

Official Ticketer
Fancy Chelsea for this one, team in good form.

Nice to see the players go down on one knee at kick off there in honour of Jack Charlton and his love of fishing.

Hopefully this can replace the minutes applause, given the lack of fans.

Chelsea keeper must be raging after a great stop from McBurnie is followed by a tap-in by McGoldrick.

Chelsea score and win has proved fruitful this season, still think that will be the case.

Chelsea will achieve absolutely nothing until they stop the stupid mistakes at the back.

Schoolboy stuff from Mount.

Other than Liverpool’s defence the rest of the EPL big sides defending has been laughable all season.

Ill need to revisit that other thread and change my vote to top half

Chelsea are where Liverpool where two to three years ago.

It’s all good buying brilliant attacking players but it means nothing if your backline is going to let you down time and time again.

Klopp deserves manager of the season but Wilder has to be a close second for me. It’s unbelievable what he’s done there.

Being English though and not from the continent he won’t get all the credit he deserves.

Have a day off ffs, it’s absolutely tragic

Mcburnie does the ugly side of the game well probably the type of players his teammates appreciate.

Scores a few goals as well which is adding to his value, I admit up until start this season i thought he was bang average but he's proved he's worth the fee Utd paid for him.

Chelsea can sign all that attacking players they like, they are winning nothing until the get two proper defenders and a keeper..

Their defenders are every bit as bad as Arsenal's.

Chelsea have actually conceded 6 more goals than Arsenal this season, and have now conceded more than Brighton.

Chelsea have actually conceded 6 more goals than Arsenal this season, and have now conceded more than Brighton.

Not even surprising, they don't have a single defender on their books that is average.

Every single CB they have is poor.

I think Abraham is a terrific prospect despite his lack of form but away from home especially Chelsea really need Giroud’s hold up play and know how.

Chelsea can sign all that attacking players they like, they are winning nothing until the get two proper defenders and a keeper..

Their defenders are every bit as bad as Arsenal's.
Have to agree £70m for the keeper who today had no chance with the goals but he’s well short of the city and Liverpool keepers. Centre backs are also miles short of what’s required. All that said willian should have tracked his man and that ruled out the second goal. Defence stood whilst the Sheffield boy scored the first. You can’t win every game 5-4!

Reactions: KL2
Which top jobs are vacant ?

I’m not talking about right now, I’m talking about in general. I can guarantee that for example of Spurs ditched Mourinho, which they won’t, Wilder wouldn’t be mentioned much if at all about possibly taking the reigns there.

You could argue moving to Spurs would be a sidestep for him anyway, but Tottenham will generally be a more exciting prospect than Sheff United for any manager.

Not even surprising, they don't have a single defender on their books that is average.

Every single CB they have is poor.

I seen the latest they were linked with is Chilwell at full back, and Declan Rice for centre back. Your probably talking £120M for those 2 and I'm not sure they improve them that much.

I’m not talking about right now, I’m talking about in general. I can guarantee that for example of Spurs ditched Mourinho, which they won’t, Wilder wouldn’t be mentioned much if at all about possibly taking the reigns there.

You could argue moving to Spurs would be a sidestep for him anyway, but Tottenham will generally be a more exciting prospect than Sheff United for any manager.

Maybe Chelsea will go for him when they realise Frankio Lampardio's teams couldn't keep weans out of a close.

£75m for that goalkeeper is taking the absolute piss :))

Between the second half at Stamford Bridge and the first half tonight Sheff Utd have stuck four past Chelsea.

Not sure why Lampard constantly tinkers with his teams for matches they need to win. They look stupid fielding weakened teams and being outplayed by Sheffield Utd, Palace and West Ham.

I seen the latest they were linked with is Chilwell at full back, and Declan Rice for centre back. Your probably talking £120M for those 2 and I'm not sure they improve them that much.

Think they are talking £80m for Rice alone. Gave him away for nothing aswell:oops:

Think they are talking £80m for Rice alone. Gave him away for nothing aswell:oops:

Always looks a cracking player whenever I watch West Ham. Can see why England were desperate to get him before he went and played more for Ireland. I see him as more of a centre-back though than a defensive midfielder.

Mcburnie looks the exact type of player who’d fit into Steve Clark’s Scotland side.

Pitty he’s a Rangers fan, he’d probably have had a decent international career if he wasn’t.

Maybe Chelsea will go for him when they realise Frankio Lampardio's teams couldn't keep weans out of a close.

To touch on this point, there was a point where everyone was greetin’ because Harry Redknapp wasn’t given the England job (which went to Englishman Sam Allardyce), and only recently Eddie Howe was being talked about as a potential England manager despite being a young guy coaching at Bournemouth. There was also the “ahh just give it to Giggsy” era where people seemed to think he was entitled to every Premier League job going (granted he’s Welsh but I’m using British manager’s in general here), and Rodgers going to Liverpool from Swansea and Lampard to Chelsea.

If you have something about you then you’ll generally get opportunities, having a fancy foreign name isn’t going to help you, especially in the Premier League where I’ve seen young foreign managers like Andre Villas Boas openly mocked and treated like shit. Perhaps Wilder may need to wait more than one season before he’s entitled to a top job? After all Phil Brown had a great first season with Hull in the Premier League before being touted as a potential England manager, and well we all know how that finished. Likewise Alan Pardew had a tremendous season with Newcastle, but thereafter showed himself to be nothing more than completely mediocre in coaching terms. So getting an Englander in after in solitary (albeit good) season in the Premier League, maybe isn’t the smartest move one can make.

To touch on this point, there was a point where everyone was greetin’ because Harry Redknapp wasn’t given the England job (which went to Englishman Sam Allardyce), and only recently Eddie Howe was being talked about as a potential England manager despite being a young guy coaching at Bournemouth. There was also the “ahh just give it to Giggsy” era where people seemed to think he was entitled to every Premier League job going (granted he’s Welsh but I’m using British manager’s in general here), and Rodgers going to Liverpool from Swansea and Lampard to Chelsea.

If you have something about you then you’ll generally get opportunities, having a fancy foreign name isn’t going to help you, especially in the Premier League where I’ve seen young foreign managers like Andre Villas Boas openly mocked and treated like shit. Perhaps Wilder may need to wait more than one season before he’s entitled to a top job? After all Phil Brown had a great first season with Hull in the Premier League before being touted as a potential England manager, and well we all know how that finished. Likewise Alan Pardew had a tremendous season with Newcastle, but thereafter showed himself to be nothing more than completely mediocre in coaching terms. So getting an Englander in after in solitary (albeit good) season in the Premier League, maybe isn’t the smartest move one can make.

So Wilder has only had one good season? Talking shite.

And I'll argue that Spurs didn't exactly make the smartest move appointing a Portuguese manager who was sacked at Chelsea and then sacked at United.

So Wilder has only had one good season? Talking shite.

And I'll argue that Spurs didn't exactly make the smartest move appointing a Portuguese manager who was sacked at Chelsea and then sacked at United.

Only one good season in the premiership which is ultimately what top teams will look at

Yep, it’s a British thing.

Same way we don’t elect Prime Ministers who have a solid short term political background behind them.

Back