Sheffield Utd v Chelsea

Only one good season in the premiership which is ultimately what top teams will look at

You would have to be a bit silly to think it's some sort of fluke though. And getting them up from where they were when he took over is every bit as impressive as what he has done this season.

So Wilder has only had one good season? Talking shite.

And I'll argue that Spurs didn't exactly make the smartest move appointing a Portuguese manager who was sacked at Chelsea and then sacked at United.

He’s had one good season in the top flight, fact. I know you’ve got a massive stauner for English players and coaches but surely even the biggest fanboy must recognise that Europe’s top clubs aren’t going to be interested in what’s been achieved in the Championship or League one when looking to recruit new coaches.

You would have to be a bit silly to think it's some sort of fluke though. And getting them up from where they were when he took over is every bit as impressive as what he has done this season.

Man City or Liverpool are hardly going to look at a manager and think 'he done well in the Championship, we'll hire him'

Man City or Liverpool are hardly going to look at a manager and think 'he done well in the Championship, we'll hire him'

It’s clearly an anti-English thing though, I mean look at all the foreign coaches with fancy names who’re selected for the Chelsea, City, United gigs after good work in the EFL Championship....

But are well above both

Appreciate that PP, Arsenal had a disastrous 1st half of the season which cost Emery his job. I think since Arteta was appointed, they've actually gathered more points than Chelsea. Although appreciate that means nothing at the end of the day.

Last edited:
This could get really tough for Chelsea, their next away game is Liverpool.

I've had a sneaking suspicion they'd finish 5th.

Manchester United will probably pick up maximum points and take 3rd on the final day of the season, Leicester will just about hang on to 4th and Chelsea 5th.

I've had a sneaking suspicion they'd finish 5th.

Manchester United will probably pick up maximum points and take 3rd on the final day of the season, Leicester will just about hang on to 4th and Chelsea 5th.
It would be quite a turn up for the season, the much maligned Solsjkaer finishing above Lampard.

Chris Wilder > Bald Fraud Guardiola

Another massive win for these dons, 4 games unbeaten too

Champions League football is a real possibility

Remember when people thought they'd finish bottom?

He's right though. Wilder has done a great job season after season but doesn't seem to get the recognition that he should. Hopefully he starts to get it now

He’s not right though. He’s implying that he should be getting linked with top jobs after one good season in the Premier League and that he’s not being linked because he’s English and doesn’t have a fancy foreign name. It’s bollocks mate. Wilders had a great season and everyone knows it, everyone acknowledges it.

Chelsea have conceded 49 goals. :eek:

You need to drop into the bottom half of the table before another team does

I think Wilder probably would get mentioned in the next managerial merry-go-round tbf.

To suggest that foreign is prized above all else in the EPL is preposterous.
Harry McGuire. Eighty Million Pounds.

He’s not right though. He’s implying that he should be getting linked with top jobs after one good season in the Premier League and that he’s not being linked because he’s English and doesn’t have a fancy foreign name. It’s bollocks mate. Wilders had a great season and everyone knows it, everyone acknowledges it.
Look at his progress as a manager all through his career. He has improved year on year, his record speaks for itself

Rice and Chilwell would improve Chelsea but Rice is much better suited to play defensive midfield. They need 2 new CBs

Look at his progress as a manager all through his career. He has improved year on year, his record speaks for itself

Irrelevant. Top jobs aren’t handed out to managers on the basis of what they’ve done in the lower leagues, or on the basis of one good season in the top flight. If he were to repeat this next season as well then people will start talking.

I think that’s harsh. Couldn’t make any signings. If he gets them into the CL he has done a great job imo.
Sorry but I don't see it with lampard, doesn't come across as a good motivator for me. He has good players but at times I get the impression that they just go through the motions. Good on their day but inconsistent, lampard should instill a seige mentality but I can't see any as yet

Sorry but I don't see it with lampard, doesn't come across as a good motivator for me. He has good players but at times I get the impression that they just go through the motions. Good on their day but inconsistent, lampard should instill a seige mentality but I can't see any as yet

Haven’t you just described a young side though?
Something he’s been forced to bring through and cultivate?

I can’t say I’m a massive fan of Frank Lampard as a manager but fair’s fair, ffs.

He’s had one good season in the top flight, fact. I know you’ve got a massive stauner for English players and coaches but surely even the biggest fanboy must recognise that Europe’s top clubs aren’t going to be interested in what’s been achieved in the Championship or League one when looking to recruit new coaches.

Wilder has done a superb job. If City had won the league instead of Liverpool he would maybe even be fav for Manager of the season.

However if you went back a while to Wigan’s first season in the EPL we would have people on here tipping Paul Jewel for the England Job and big jig to lead the line for Man Utd :))

Irrelevant. Top jobs aren’t handed out to managers on the basis of what they’ve done in the lower leagues, or on the basis of one good season in the top flight. If he were to repeat this next season as well then people will start talking.
Lampard got the Chelsea job after one season in the championship,he has achieved nothing, Wilder has a proven record of improvement season on season as a manager. He's a good manager no question

He cost £75m.

That’s a criminal bit of business. Nowhere near the quality of City or Liverpool’s goalies.

I was responding to the stat about the bumber of shots vs goals and it isn't a fair comparison as I don't belive the keeper had a chance with any of them.

Price is also irrelevant, you could apply the same argument to Kent and his lack of input last year

Lampard got the Chelsea job after one season in the championship,he has achieved nothing, Wilder has a proven record of improvement season on season as a manager. He's a good manager no question

Lampard got the job because he’s a Chelsea legend and they were hit with a transfer ban which severely hampered their pulling power and meant they were going to be forced to blood young players. Lampard is not a good example mate given his connection with the club.

Wilder is a good manager, but the idea he should be considered for the big jobs and isn’t because of his nationality, is a load of old tosh!

I was responding to the stat about the bumber of shots vs goals and it isn't a fair comparison as I don't belive the keeper had a chance with any of them.

Price is also irrelevant, you could apply the same argument to Kent and his lack of input last year

Surely we can expect the worlds most expensive goalie, by some considerable distance to be a little better than Kepa is?

I reckon he sits on our bench and our gk isn’t far off 40

Lampard got the job because he’s a Chelsea legend and they were hit with a transfer ban which severely hampered their pulling power and meant they were going to be forced to blood young players. Lampard is not a good example mate given his connection with the club.

Wilder is a good manager, but the idea he should be considered for the big jobs and isn’t because of his nationality, is a load of old tosh!

Morris being his assistant was a major factor in it given he had worked with the youth team before joining Lampard at Derby.

Wasn't Chelsea's transfer ban shortened? Pretty sure Lampard could have spent in January and decided not to.

Surely we can expect the worlds most expensive goalie, by some considerable distance to be a little better than Kepa is?

I reckon he sits on our bench and our gk isn’t far off 40

I i think the fact he has a bomb scare back 4 ahead of him doesn't help.

Look at the first goal. Mount has a brain fart on the 18 year box, keeper makes a great save but they score. Stats will only show a goal against.

I dont think he is worth 75m at all, 20 at best but I can't see why the price tag should also be used to beat him. City and Liverpool have defences miles above Chelsea which helps the keeper massively

Back