Manchester City Euro Ban Overturned.

WMP_brown-envelope.gif

More proof that UEFA are corrupt - wonder how much this cost, and who’s received the brown envelopes..... a fu(king sham.

Total joke, Uefa and CAS are corrupt to the core.

Modern day football is so corrupt now i dont see a way back for proper football, where a teams wins fare and square on the park.

What's the point in banning them in first place. Surely would have been a lot less hassle to exchange the brown envelopes at start.

For Football seriously, I hate Man City and what they stand for they are a prime example of whats wrong with football whats the point in fining them.
Were my favourite English team growing up as my Uncle moved there and followed them but can't stand them now.
New stadium, new badge and buying their way to anything they want.

As expected, anyone who thought they would actually ban a team containing some of the best players in the world is off their nut.

FFP is only applicable to the plebs, the big teams don't actually have to follow it.

I actually thought they would overturn the ban and increase the fine but I see they've also reduced that as well.

For Football seriously, I hate Man City and what they stand for they are a prime example of whats wrong with football whats the point in fining them.
How else do the likes of Man City or Paris reach the level of and try to break through the level of elite super clubs if not for massive investment?

The whole thing was an utter farce and smacks of greed, jealousy and self-preservation of the old elite. Some of whom (Real, Barca) have been long standing beneficiaries of backhanders and considerable state and local government aid to get to and preserve the level they’re at.

Admittedly I’m biased as I’ve followed City as my ‘English/2nd team’ since the early 90s, but this notion that clubs have to live within some sort of financial straitjacket with the dices loaded in favour of a hierarchy of say a dozen clubs was ludicrous. And after they let Paris off there’s no way they could have made an exception for City.

If your club is run by uber-wealthy oil sheikhs then financial fair play rules don't matter to you. May as well just bin them at this point.

How else do the likes of Man City or Paris reach the level of and try to break through the level of elite super clubs if not for massive investment?

The whole thing was an utter farce and smacks of greed, jealousy and self-preservation of the old elite. Some of whom (Real, Barca) have been long standing beneficiaries of backhanders and considerable state and local government aid to get to and preserve the level they’re at.

Admittedly I’m biased as I’ve followed City as my ‘English/2nd team’ since the early 90s, but this notion that clubs have to live within some sort of financial straitjacket with the dices loaded in favour of a hierarchy of say a dozen clubs was ludicrous. And after they let Paris off there’s no way they could have made an exception for City.

I used to have this debate with superrangers, who basically didn’t want anyone challenging or threatening to make life more difficult for his own club. Essentially these clubs have no chance of elevating themselves to the top and staying there if they don’t get cash injections from rich sugar daddies. Otherwise you just can’t break dominance of the already established, financially powerful clubs who continue to generate more and more money each year to keep themselves where they are.

I’m sure if Rangers joined the Premier League and finished around mid table or lower for a few seasons and then suddenly a rich investor comes in ready to propel us upwards and make us title challengers, I’m sure everyone would be absolutely up in arms about that and that they’d directly oppose it....

Back