Rangers are closing in on the signing of South African international Bongani Zungu - The Scotsman

He looks a right good player that wont mind the physical side of scottish football.

Lot of money yes but mangement must be confident that if he signs it wont be long till hes worth 2 or 3 times that amount.

FF posters: our squad is terrible, we are way short, we need players in before Aberdeen or we’ll have lost the league by mid August

Same FF posters: We better not sign this South African internationalist, his stats are terrible and at 27 he’s pure ancient

This board of full of utter wallopers

I think he is going to be a very good signing after watching him on tv and clips. I dont think we need to worry about the price, the press have no clue.

Don’t sign young players, don’t sign old players, don’t sign players in their prime, is there anything that would make the miserable fuckers on here happy?

Surprised no one has mentioned we’ll end up with going on international duty for large chunks of the season.

Hardly any appearances in his last two years at Amiens compared to his 2017/2018 season.

Doesn't mean he won't be capable of doing a job for us of course.

Looks like a technical ball playing midfielder like kamara or Davis.

I think we need a bit more physicality in there tbh. A proper hard c*nt.

Last edited:
We need an experienced player in the middle that isn't passed it or close to being passed it. Overall I like that we're signing a lot of younger players but I think we need to break the mold for 1 or 2 signings because we need some good, already developed players in the 11.

What numbers do you mean?
You’re 100% right mate. We need a mix of everything

Surprised no one has mentioned we’ll end up with going on international duty for large chunks of the season.
Every continent have the same international windows now I'm sure, the African Nations will be played in the summer now too. I remember hearing Liverpool wouldn't have to worry about losing Salah and Mane for January and February every season

Hopefully the €4m figure mooted includes wages. Otherwise you’d have to say it looks like a very strange one.

FF posters: our squad is terrible, we are way short, we need players in before Aberdeen or we’ll have lost the league by mid August

Same FF posters: We better not sign this South African internationalist, his stats are terrible and he’s pure ancient

Wee fannies who think they’re experts due their exploits on...the PC, Xbox, PlayStation.

Also, the lies told on here about having seen players in the flesh is nauseating.

FF is clearly populated by out of work scouts who are holding out for a job at Real Madrid.

Looks like what Aribo is supposed to be doing for us.

Have you watched Aribo? he is certainly not a CDM

I am not sure about Zungu - but he was supposed to go to Mallorca in Jan on loan with option to buy for 5 Million Euro - so he must have something about it - looking at clips he reminds me very much of Lassana Coulibally

Every continent have the same international windows now I'm sure, the African Nations will be played in the summer now too. I remember hearing Liverpool wouldn't have to worry about losing Salah and Mane for January and February every season

Okay, my bad.

One less thing to gripe about for some.

Not the most impressive YouTube I’ve seen. Nevertheless, the boy does seem to have an eye for a long pass that can get behind defences quickly, which is something we desperately need.

We need someone more combative though. Maybe this lad has it and it’s just not shown on that clip, but at that price we need a player isn’t afraid to mix it with opponents and can dominate the midfield.

This name has been doing the rounds for a few weeks now. I’m thinking the fee must be a sticking point, it does seem high.

Same FF posters: We better not sign this South African internationalist, his stats are terrible and at 27 he’s pure ancient

It's almost as if FF isn't a hivemind, name the posters contradicting themselves instead of adding another baseless greeting face post for the sake of adding more negativity to the board

I am not sure about Zungu - but he was supposed to go to Mallorca in Jan on loan with option to buy for 5 Million Euro - so he must have something about it - looking at clips he reminds me very much of Lassana Coulibally
Was literally what I thought looking at his videos, looks like the early days Coulibaly.

Pinch of salt but I think there has been talk of recruiting the final pieces of the jigsaw which is experienced and talented players who can have the mentality to see a game out. For instance if we signed 3 experienced professionals you would be a lot more confident of seeing out a match away to Aberdeen. Theres always that thought in the back of your mind that we could get sucker punched (happens at least 10 games a season in recent years) and it really comes down to mentality.

From the videos he looks like he does the exact same job as Glen Kamara

The YouTube certainly reminds me of Kamara. They seem like very similar players looking at that.

Not convinced by this one at all. I don’t think it’s what we need in midfield.

That being said I’m hardly and expert and am basing an opinion purely based on a YouTube video. I’m sure the club have properly scouted him and know what player we would be getting.

If we could get a player like Coulibaly was before that injury for a full season we'd have a greater chance at cups and titles imo.

How many players is that now we have been linked with that remind people of Coulibally :rolleyes:

Tedious
I know its something thrown around a lot but he genuinely does, the intercepting then brushing past someone to play a pass forward was what Coulibaly was good at before he went majorly downhill

5 goals and 1 assist in 86 appearances since moving to Europe. Clearly the goal scoring and creative midfielder we all want....

I know we have Hagi now but in how many games do we actually need yet another defensive minded midfielder?

We need a goalscoring midfielder and a defensive midfielder IMO. Don't have a problem with this signing as long as we manage to get both.

I know its something thrown around a lot but he genuinely does, the intercepting then brushing past someone to play a pass forward was what Coulibaly was good at before he went majorly downhill
He was good for the first few games but I would bet this guy is nothing like Coulibally, Coulibally couldn't pick a pass this guy looks like he can.

Back