London supporters branch?

There are two London based RSCs. The London Branch was established in 1961 and has around 200 members. We currently have 4 season tickets for members and loads of social events. Our home pub is in Islington. Details about joining are on our Facebook or web page. PM me if you’d like more details. If you’re south of the river, the Surrey True Blues is a great shout. Based in Croydon they are a long standing RSC and very friendly bunch of Bears. Both RSCs are, in fact, full of great characters and I would recommend signing up to either if you want to follow the Bears in London.

There are two London based RSCs. The London Branch was established in 1961 and has around 200 members. We currently have 4 season tickets for members and loads of social events. Our home pub is in Islington. Details about joining are on our Facebook or web page. PM me if you’d like more details. If you’re south of the river, the Surrey True Blues is a great shout. Based in Croydon they are a long standing RSC and very friendly bunch of Bears. Both RSCs are, in fact, full of great characters and I would recommend signing up to either if you want to follow the Bears in London.
is that the green man? I've been there many times after the closure of the white bear, i just thought it might be about time i officially joined a club rather than just went along

We you one of the London Branch contingent who used to frequent the Clyde Inn with Peter @Neilstonger ?

is that the green man? I've been there many times after the closure of the white bear, i just thought it might be about time i officially joined a club rather than just went along
Watched the game we gubbed the sheep in there last season, good bunch.

I know London is a bit of a large area
There's no question centrally speaking the above posts have it well covered

But if you happen to be a bit out of center- either north or east - then I'd mention the Leighton Buzzard branch- 33 minutes from Euston - 22 minutes from Watford - great pub - The Golden Bell - really friendly bunch

If you're in the east - then the Southend on Sea branch can be a great day out

If you keep turning up, you’ll probably end up joining whether you want or not!
Too true. And in dear old Duncan’s day you’d have bought a raffle ticket, lottery ticket or scratch card as well. Once you’d parted with all your spare cash he’d have called you all the names under the sun for not spending more. They don’t make them like him any more.

Is the branch part to do with the association mate?

Too true. And in dear old Duncan’s day you’d have bought a raffle ticket, lottery ticket or scratch card as well. Once you’d parted with all your spare cash he’d have called you all the names under the sun for not spending more. They don’t make them like him any more.
Yup. Hundreds spent and not a sausage back. Except grief for not spending more.

Yup. Hundreds spent and not a sausage back. Except grief for not spending more.
He was a master at giving grief. I do t know if you were at his funeral but afterwards Malcolm Murray said a few words. He recounted the time when he was a big name in the City and was chatting to Duncan. Duncan’s first comment was “you’ve done alright for a wee kunt”. Classic.

He was a master at giving grief. I do t know if you were at his funeral but afterwards Malcolm Murray said a few words. He recounted the time when he was a big name in the City and was chatting to Duncan. Duncan’s first comment was “you’ve done alright for a wee kunt”. Classic.

Once spent an afternoon with Duncan and he regaled me with his tales of when he had the pub in Fulham amongst other stories. Some character and sadly missed.

Already covered with the previous posts but any bears in south london i can say the Surrey true blues are a good lot
With working in retail I don't get to go down to as many games as I would like but any games I am able to make it's been a good crowd with a lively atmosphere with the various venues through the years from carshalton when I first starting going to the current venue in the dice bar in Croydon.

Once spent an afternoon with Duncan and he regaled me with his tales of when he had the pub in Fulham amongst other stories. Some character and sadly missed.
I’m sure he told me he gave Bob Marley one of his first gigs in London. I was very drunk at the time but knowing Duncan it’s probably true.

Duncan had great tales from the Greyhound which was a famous music pub. Best one I remember hearing was commenting that Bob Marley gig was ok but didn’t think he would make it big.

Duncan had great tales from the Greyhound which was a famous music pub. Best one I remember hearing was commenting that Bob Marley gig was ok but didn’t think he would make it big.

I was a punk back in the day and he had had most of the old bands in there. Funny thing was I moved to London in 82 and actually lived in Fulham on Parsons Green and wished I’d met him earlier.

I was a punk back in the day and he had had most of the old bands in there. Funny thing was I moved to London in 82 and actually lived in Fulham on Parsons Green and wished I’d met him earlier.
Yes I was punk too back at home. Been living within walk of Greyhound in different directions since late 87 but it’s best days were past by then.
It’s been a few things since and currently been closed since last year

My choice would be the Surrey true blues what a cracking bunch of lads who made me and my old man feel very welcome when we visited infact one of the members Phil remains good friends with my old man and we meet him regularly when he is up for the football and in Belfast every year.

Yes I was punk too back at home. Been living within walk of Greyhound in different directions since late 87 but it’s best days were past by then.
It’s been a few things since and currently been closed since last year

My local was the Duke of Cumberland on Parsons Green or we used to go up to the Wheatsheaf on the Kings road for the video juke box ! Also used to go to the Kings head on a Friday night to see John Ottway or whoever else was on. Don’t think you get many venues like that anymore sadly.

There was definitely a Bob Marley story told at Duncan's funeral. Sadly missed and absolute Legend.

I wasn’t. Didn’t know him that well. Tried to keep my distance, tbh. But without much success.

That’s the one. Best £15 you’ll ever spend.
to be fair i do remember signing some papers and giving someone a 10er in the white bear one day, who told me it was the supporters club and that i should expect an email, which i never received :)) i may have made a donation to the club without knowing, or maybe just added to some scammers pocket change. either way i know a few folk up in islington. im in streatham hill so croydon would be easier but ill just have to bide my time!!

We you one of the London Branch contingent who used to frequent the Clyde Inn with Peter @Neilstonger ?
Had a few sessions in Clyde Inn with young Peter back in the day.
Best days traveling with London Branch were the old Friday overnight train up and Saturday overnight back.
For a big game like them Saturday 3pm used to fill more than one carriage

There was definitely a Bob Marley story told at Duncan's funeral. Sadly missed and absolute Legend.
Duncan was a great character had some good sessions with him after meetings. Particularly when club met in a club on Kings Road. Often shared a cab back.
Some of the stories from Greyhound some might have thought over the top but got a couple of local mates that went regularly who knew Duncan to say hallo and told a lot of similar tales of the great man.
Sadly missed

to be fair i do remember signing some papers and giving someone a 10er in the white bear one day, who told me it was the supporters club and that i should expect an email, which i never received :)) i may have made a donation to the club without knowing, or maybe just added to some scammers pocket change. either way i know a few folk up in islington. im in streatham hill so croydon would be easier but ill just have to bide my time!!

Ah right, I remember you asking about coming to the semifinal last season. As @pork chop says you should be good for the first league game now so if you're interested send him a message.

My local was the Duke of Cumberland on Parsons Green or we used to go up to the Wheatsheaf on the Kings road for the video juke box ! Also used to go to the Kings head on a Friday night to see John Ottway or whoever else was on. Don’t think you get many venues like that anymore sadly.

How are you doing mate.

John Otway & Wild Willie Barrett. Now that’s a blast from the past. They were friends with one of our lecturers when I was at Bletchley Park & they came up to do a concert at a hall just outside the park. Brilliant night. “Really Free”. I heard they are still on the go & were up in Glasgow in the last couple of years.

Went there for a couple of pints to watch semi final against Hearts last year, started off sitting on my own in the corner, ended up staying for far longer than planned. Absolutely brilliant pub & they couldn’t have been more welcoming, be back once this season starts again.

How are you doing mate.

John Otway & Wild Willie Barrett. Now that’s a blast from the past. They were friends with one of our lecturers when I was at Bletchley Park & they came up to do a concert at a hall just outside the park. Brilliant night. “Really Free”. I heard they are still on the go & were up in Glasgow in the last couple of years.

Wilton Hall by any chance?

That’s not good to hear about the signing in fee. Things have definitely changed since then and our current membership secretary is absolutely scrupulous in ensuring everyone who pays is recorded and receives their membership pack. Whichever RSC you choose in or around London you’ll be assured of a warm welcome.

Greig if you have Facebook join the London branch club there you can get info on what’s going on .They have meetings on Farringdon and have games on at the green man in Islington or other options are south London loyal at Stanley arms Bermondsey or west London supporters club at Isleworth bowling club.Theres the Surrey true blues at the dice bar Croydon .
You will meet loads of bears that go up every week at airports or train stations or the odd bus.

How are you doing mate.

All good thanks mate, yourself ?

Those gigs were great back then and amazed he’s still going considering his on stage antics !

Greig if you have Facebook join the London branch club there you can get info on what’s going on .They have meetings on Farringdon and have games on at the green man in Islington or other options are south London loyal at Stanley arms Bermondsey or west London supporters club at Isleworth bowling club.Theres the Surrey true blues at the dice bar Croydon .
You will meet loads of bears that go up every week at airports or train stations or the odd bus.
Thanks for the info I’ll definitely look into it

Back