Select Your Tier

• Bronze

Votes: 509 46.5%
  • Silver

Votes: 390 35.6%
  • Gold

Votes: 196 17.9%

• Total voters
It also creates a privilege group I.e. gold. Meaning it’s pointless for everyone else being in MyGers

Well technically members of that “privilege” group have spent the most money directly into the club and thus should be “rewarded” (if the mygers scheme mission is being taken literally)

There’s the penny dropping for people now.

You could have a situation whereby someone on max points, in the gold category, misses out on tickets because of the first come, first served buying process.

I know it’s unlikely but there is a possibility they could sign on and miss out on a ticket for say the first 4/5 away games. Never missing a euro trip, always signing up to every single ccc scheme but struggle to get tickets in the mygers scheme because they’re not tech savvy or just not quick enough

Loyalty is rewarded right enough...

Nobody was ever guaranteed a ticket pre-MyGers though. If lucky, they got maybe 4-5 aways a season. If they are Gold members they may miss out, you are correct, but their chances will be greatly enhanced - or should be - over what's gone before.

Nobody was ever guaranteed a ticket pre-MyGers though. If lucky, they got maybe 4-5 aways a season. If they are Gold members they may miss out, you are correct, but their chances will be greatly enhanced - or should be - over what's gone before.

Sorry but that’s untrue as technically you could miss out on every game through the first come, first served process. No?

I realise you’d need to be extremely unlucky for it to happen to you, and it sounds absolutely ridiculous, but it is a possibility

Sorry but that’s untrue as technically you could miss out on every game through the first come, first served process. No?

I realise you’d need to be extremely unlucky for it to happen to you, and it sounds absolutely ridiculous, but it is a possibility

So is getting run over when you cross the road mate, Of course it’s a possibility, As you say though, you’d need to be extremely unlucky. Those in Gold, if they want them, should be able to have a better chance of tickets than hitherto. You do our older guys down thinking they won’t cope. Many of them will have RangersTV and a VPN - if they can handle that they can handle anything LOL. If they can renew their season tickets online they will be fine, And I say that as a supposed ‘silver surfer’ myself. Most of us, especially those most likely to have an interest in attending away games, know our way around the Internet.

With the rolling period taking effect, they’d eventually get on the ladder same way as the TC.

I paid around £1k for my Moscow flights, hotel, visa and took the chance of a ticket when I was on very low TC points. I done so knowing I might’ve paid that £ and miss out on a ticket

However, with TC being updated on a rolling 3 year period it meant I knew if I keep applying/arranging travel over eventually I’ll work my way up to a point I’d be guaranteed a ticket

You don’t get points for registrating for tickets through MyGers so much harder to work your way up than the Travel club m8.

I‘m talking domestic always here. The bread and butter, if you like.

Yeah but that’s the bit I don’t understand.

Why bring in a loyalty scheme if it’s not actually going to be a loyalty scheme?

Guys on max/high points in the travel club never missed out when they wanted to go to a game. You could see a case this season where a guy on max points in gold tier loses out to someone on 1 point in bronze tier. That’s outrageous.

Yeah but that’s the bit I don’t understand.

Why bring in a loyalty scheme if it’s not actually going to be a loyalty scheme?

Guys on max/high points in the travel club never missed out when they wanted to go to a game. You could see a case this season where a guy on max points in gold tier loses out to someone on 1 point in bronze tier. That’s outrageous.

I think it’s been covered a dozen times on the thread mate. Your own circumstance is different to most if I recall correctly in that you tend to do more Euro aways than domestic games. I sympathise with that, especially as you aren’t that far away from me ( I’m in Anglesey) so understand getting to Scotland every week is difficult. My days of following across Europe are long gone, sadly, and pre-date the TC.

However, the vast majority of those in Gold, by a considerable margin, will be guys who do the Euro aways AND all the domestic stuff. I think they should compete for tickets on an equal footing with other Gold members. Nobody should be ‘guaranteed’ a ticket.

The away scheme earns the club no income, so why 50 points per season?
The TC earned the club £20 per member so an income, however you only get 5 points per point already accrued
If MyGers is a money making scheme then that's fine by me as the more the club makes the more it can do, transfers, stadium and training facilities upgrades etc,
But please let's not claim away scheme earns money for the club but TC doesn't,
This part of the scheme needs looking at in my opinion but overall I don't have a problem with MyGers
I think most, if not all TC members would've been happy enough to pay £20 extra on top of MyGers to keep the travel club. The first come first serve just seems like a lazy effort from the club.

I was in Macedonia two years ago yesterday for a 1st round qualifier which helped accumulate points for the "big teams" in the group stages, which came in handy for Vienna as the demand for tickets exceeded the allocation, with the new MyGers system someone could do 4 qualifiers and miss out on a match later in the tournament which is unfair IMO.

It's not like the TC was a closed shop, I remember Villareal away dropped to 0 pointers and that was our first Europa League group match for years.

I‘m talking domestic always here. The bread and butter, if you like.

So why have TC tickets been flung into mygers then? Some Guys on 10+ points are in Bronze or Silver when that virtually guaranteed a ticket for any euro trip they wanted a ticket for

I think it’s been covered a dozen times on the thread mate. Your own circumstance is different to most if I recall correctly in that you tend to do more Euro aways than domestic games. I sympathise with that, especially as you aren’t that far away from me ( I’m in Anglesey) so understand getting to Scotland every week is difficult. My days of following across Europe are long gone, sadly, and pre-date the TC.

However, the vast majority of those in Gold, by a considerable margin, will be guys who do the Euro aways AND all the domestic stuff. I think they should compete for tickets on an equal footing with other Gold members. Nobody should be ‘guaranteed’ a ticket.

Im not arguing about it from my point of view anymore.

What’s the point in having a loyalty scheme if it doesn’t reward loyalty?

If a gold tier member misses out on a ticket and a bronze tier member gets one, it’s outrageous. I say that as someone who’s a bronze tier member too.

So why have TC tickets been flung into mygers then? Some Guys on 10+ points are in Bronze or Silver when that virtually guaranteed a ticket for any euro trip they wanted a ticket for

TC inclusion has certainly ruffled a few feathers. It won’t apply to many but we have some with high TC points that barely attend a game in Scotland. There may be multiple reasons for that, including location, but does it make them any more ‘loyal’ than the guy who attends everything he can in Scotland but can only make a Euro away once in a while?

Im not arguing about it from my point of view anymore.

What’s the point in having a loyalty scheme if it doesn’t reward loyalty?

If a gold tier member misses out on a ticket and a bronze tier member gets one, it’s outrageous. I say that as someone who’s a bronze tier member too.

And we go round the circle again. You then have a closed shop with no room for folk to move up the tiers.

Let not lie, this isn’t a loyalty scheme in the truest sense. I’ve had a ST for the last 4 years and signed up to everything. Hardly missed a domestic away game in the last 6 years. Accumulated 7 TC points. Yet I’m in silver. Now I know how the scheme works, but to put the travel club in with MyGers is pretty low from the club. It’s the same faces at all euro away days, and now I could miss out to someone who’s had a ST for 5 years and never attended a home or euro away - that’s not right.

TC inclusion has certainly ruffled a few feathers. It won’t apply to many but we have some with high TC points that barely attend a game in Scotland. There may be multiple reasons for that, including location, but does it make them any more ‘loyal’ than the guy who attends everything he can in Scotland but can only make a Euro away once in a while?

Well, I know of people from the south of England - they find it much easier to get to Euro trips than domestic aways as they would then need the next day off work whereas for euro trips it’s a holiday

It’s always been separate but now you’ve got a situation whereby they’ve spent £000s accumulating high points for well over a decade and they could miss out on a popular euro trip because they’re bronze. No one can tell me that is fair

And we go round the circle again. You then have a closed shop with no room for folk to move up the tiers.

No you don’t.

You can run it the same way the travel club was run. People are then allowed to gain points even if they miss out on tickets.

Due to the 5 year running total for points, people will move up through the ranks with a bit of patience.

I was told the travel club was being incorporated into MyGers because this was a more “fair” way of distributing tickets. I’m now being told a loyalty scheme is unfair as it would become a closed shop.

There are issues with this system and people burying their heads in the sand about them don’t help.

Well, I know of people from the south of England - they find it much easier to get to Euro trips than domestic aways as they would then need the next day off work whereas for euro trips it’s a holiday

It’s always been separate but now you’ve got a situation whereby they’ve spent £000s accumulating high points for well over a decade and they could miss out on a popular euro trip because they’re bronze. No one can tell me that is fair

I know those folk as well. Indeed I was one of them for a while. You didn’t really answer any of my questions though.

The whole debate is simply going around in circles - with the same guys - every couple of pages in all honesty.

The TC worked perfectly fine as a stand alone system, it would even have brought in even more revenue because you had to pay to join it. So the question is, why change it now to a system that isn’t fair?

It doesn’t but these guys aren’t asking for Celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs away tickets etc. They are just asking for their travel club points to be respected and be allowed to follow the club in their own way.

The TC worked perfectly fine as a stand alone system, it would even have brought in even more revenue because you had to pay to join it. So the question is, why change it now to a system that isn’t fair?

Perfectly reasonable question but you won’t get a straight answer to it.

I know those folk as well. Indeed I was one of them for a while. You didn’t really answer any of my questions though.

Well it was initially different schemes so they’d pick up away tickets through other means when travelling up for an away

As far as I’m concerned, someone who goes to no euros but all domestic aways is more entitled to a ticket for domestic games than someone who only does euro trips, and visa versa.

Now we’ve got a situation whereby fans who didn’t sign up to away cccs are being penalised for the euro trips because they didn’t knowingly overpopulate the away cccs.

It was said at one of the focus groups that TC would be included based on feedback from foreign conventions that they couldn’t get near away euro tickets as they didn’t have STs/couldn’t build up points as it’s difficult to travel from N.America/Oceania for games. So the club see mygers as the fix, it’s bonkers

120k a year it pulled in just on the membership fee. For that money I would run the thing.

The TC being merged with it is pretty simple to explain rightly or wrongly Rangers idea of loyalty giving the most money into the club not spending the most following them.

The TC being merged with it is pretty simple to explain rightly or wrongly Rangers idea of loyalty giving the most money into the club not spending the most following them.

Ok, but Rangers make more money through fans using the day trips than they do through domestic aways or semis/finals

They’ve also made £20 per ST from the TC membership fees people have paid over the last few years, again that’s more than they made through other cccs.

If loyalty equates to £ spent, then why is there not points given to people for spending £ on their TC membership fee? Also, why are people who used the day trips not given more points than Indy then? (I absolutely would disagree with it, just asking question as you’ve said it’s about £)

Whichever way you frame it, including TC is a disgrace

Ok, but Rangers make more money through fans using the day trips than they do through domestic aways or semis/finals

They’ve also made £20 per ST from the TC membership fees people have paid over the last few years, again that’s more than they made through other cccs.

If loyalty equates to £ spent, then why is there not points given to people for spending £ on their TC membership fee? Also, why are people who used the day trips not given more points than Indy then? (I absolutely would disagree with it, just asking question as you’ve said it’s about £)

Fans on day trips were prioritised (over indy travel) with the travel club previously, no reason why it won’t be the same again. Those who attended the majority of the European away games and also had a season tickets and on CCCS are likely to be in the gold bracket anyway so will be awarded for the money spent with the club.

Fans on day trips were prioritised (over indy travel) with the travel club previously, no reason why it won’t be the same again. Those who attended the majority of the European away games and also had a season tickets and on CCCS are likely to be in the gold bracket anyway so will be awarded for the money spent with the club.

Exactly, so if a gold member decides they want to go on a day trip, and they’ve never bothered to travel to an away euro game before in their life, they’ll get on the flight before a bronze member who’s previously used the day trip countless times

That’s unfair. There’s no possible argument as to why anyone could argue its fairness.

You mentioned loyalty equating to £ spent but your follow up deviates from the points I asked you about. Not everyone on double figure TC points went to away games as I’ve mentioned previously

Guys on the continent and guys in the south of England are unable to make every domestic away but you see the same faces at virtually every euro game

Exactly, so if a gold member decides they want to go on a day trip, and they’ve never bothered to travel to an away euro game before in their life, they’ll get on the flight before a bronze member who’s previously used the day trip countless times

That’s unfair. There’s no possible argument as to why anyone could argue its fairness.

You mentioned loyalty equating to £ spent but your follow up deviates from the points I asked you about. Not everyone on double figure TC points went to away games as I’ve mentioned previously

Guys on the continent and guys in the south of England are unable to make every domestic away but you see the same faces at virtually every euro game

It’s only unfair if you look at them as two different groups of fans, you could easily say someone who’s been to Hamilton Livi and St Johnstone 16 times over the last X number of years deserves just as much chance at a European ticket than someone who’s enjoyed trips to Vienna, Moscow, Porto etc.

It’s only unfair if you look at them as two different groups of fans, you could easily say someone who’s been to Hamilton Livi and St Johnstone 16 times over the last X number of years deserves just as much chance at a European ticket than someone who’s enjoyed trips to Vienna, Moscow, Porto etc.

It’s two different ticket schemes so you absolutely should be looking at them differently. That’s precisely why TC points used to determine whether you got euro away games - not if you were on the away cccs

One advantage of the TC was that you knew your points total and those near the top knew they were pretty much guaranteed a ticket. This meant travel and accommodation could be booked early and cheaper. Now nobody will have a clue of their chances and have to wait to find out if they have a ticket before booking transport etc. You can bet by then that all the prices will be sky high and everyone will end up having to pay more. Also what happens with TC flights system. First come first served? So you don't know if you have a ticket and don't know if you can get on official flight and there's usually a short timescale to sort these things out. It will be chaos.

One advantage of the TC was that you knew your points total and those near the top knew they were pretty much guaranteed a ticket. This meant travel and accommodation could be booked early and cheaper. Now nobody will have a clue of their chances and have to wait to find out if they have a ticket before booking transport etc. You can bet by then that all the prices will be sky high and everyone will end up having to pay more. Also what happens with TC flights system. First come first served? So you don't know if you have a ticket and don't know if you can get on official flight and there's usually a short timescale to sort these things out. It will be chaos.
People will still book and travel without tickets

Well technically members of that “privilege” group have spent the most money directly into the club and thus should be “rewarded” (if the mygers scheme mission is being taken literally)
You need to go back and follow the comments prior to my own comment. I’m not arguing against the fact that gold members haven’t paid the most in and therefore should get the most out but rather they shouldn’t be entitled to access to everything.

You need to go back and follow the comments prior to my own comment. I’m not arguing against the fact that gold members haven’t paid the most in and therefore should get the most out but rather they shouldn’t be entitled to access to everything.

If it is a simple loyalty scheme, people who’ve spent the most and got the most points - ie gold - should get tickets ahead of those below them

This isn’t the case with mygers so it’s clearly not a loyalty scheme and the club have completely marketed it wrong and essentially lied. “Loyalty is rewarded”...really? No, loyalty gets you in a tier where it’ll then be a free for all as it’ll be first come, first served

I have no qualms with a % if tickets going to silver/bronze however I have major concerns over the distribution methods that’ll be used as well as TC being included in it.

Due to my work, I’ve had to go on 6 day trips, 1 overnighter trip and spent way over the odds just so I could go to the games. Now I personally have the same chance at a ticket as someone who’s just made gold. There’ll be numerous examples of similar across the spectrum

If they’d been open and honest at how difficult getting tickets will actually be, I reckon the uptake would’ve been lower. If there’s no decent perks added going forward, there’s going to be thousands of unhappy fans that will object to handing over £40 again to join to get virtually nothing in return - that’s just my opinion though

It’s two different ticket schemes so you absolutely should be looking at them differently. That’s precisely why TC points used to determine whether you got euro away games - not if you were on the away cccs

But it’s not now, those who have travelled home and away domestically and Europe will be gold, those who have went to European ones and not paid money into the club via cccs or season tickets may now be bronze. Some may not think it’s fair you’re less likely to get a European ticket despite attending x number of games in Europe some may think it was previously unfair that you could attend every home game and have less chance than someone who just does Europe. The club can’t cater for everyone, if the kept the tc it would be an additional £60 for someone who attempts to get to every game so I can see why they haven’t kept two schemes.

But it’s not now, those who have travelled home and away domestically and Europe will be gold, those who have went to European ones and not paid money into the club via cccs or season tickets may now be bronze. Some may not think it’s fair you’re less likely to get a European ticket despite attending x number of games in Europe some may think it was previously unfair that you could attend every home game and have less chance than someone who just does Europe. The club can’t cater for everyone, if the kept the tc it would be an additional £60 for someone who attempts to get to every game so I can see why they haven’t kept two schemes.

Fans who are genuine about signing up to TC to attend the games would’ve 100% paid an extra £20 to keep the scheme going/points accrued

We’ll never agree and I do understand parts of your argument but my stance will remain the same much like you have your opinion

Not true, I done every European away game this season and i'm bronze, because I haven't been signed up to CCCS for long, I used to get my away tickets from my RSC and an ex player so I thought it would be selfish to be signed up the already oversubscribed CCCS scheme, when that ex player left I then signed up to CCCS.

I have said previously in this thread, i'd be happy to be bronze for domestic games, but I don't know how can I go from high travel club points to literally bottom of the pile, despite the money i've spent following Rangers abroad.

If it was a top down loyalty system for every match it would create the same type of disfunctional behaviours that we see through other loyalty schemes.

Look at them across the city. They have a top down loyalty system and it’s a closed shop with just as many complaints as we had from the open ballot system.

We have created a hybrid that tries to marry the quality of rewarding loyalty but also allowing access into the system.

To ensure this works we will need to continue to develop the scheme and tweak situations but we are confident that we have done something that will overall benefit fans continually engaging in behaviours that benefit the club and team.

Last season away fans would have ended up with two or three away games across the season per away scheme member. We know that system was flooded with insincere registrations but we believe that by having a truer distribution of the available tickets will benefit the system across the board. RSCs will benefit as their most loyal members will likely have greater access to tickets - hospitality requests could in turn also be less demanding (though the Club 72 addition will likely offset that) etc

If it was a top down loyalty system for every match it would create the same type of disfunctional behaviours that we see through other loyalty schemes.

Look at them across the city. They have a top down loyalty system and it’s a closed shop with just as many complaints as we had from the open ballot system.

We have created a hybrid that tries to marry the quality of rewarding loyalty but also allowing access into the system.

To ensure this works we will need to continue to develop the scheme and tweak situations but we are confident that we have done something that will overall benefit fans continually engaging in behaviours that benefit the club and team.

Last season away fans would have ended up with two or three away games across the season per away scheme member. We know that system was flooded with insincere registrations but we believe that by having a truer distribution of the available tickets will benefit the system across the board. RSCs will benefit as their most loyal members will likely have greater access to tickets - hospitality requests could in turn also be less demanding (though the Club 72 addition will likely offset that) etc
Fair enough Greg, the ticket system definitely needed some sort of overhaul, but was there any particular reason to scrap the travel club? it was the only part of the ticketing that wasn't flawed - when tickets were issued correctly.

Now were most likely going to see supporters who have travelled everywhere the past few years miss out on the trips with a high demand for tickets (Rapid Vienna, Feyenoord etc)

Sorry Greg, but it’s absolutely not a loyalty scheme then. Call a spade, a spade here.

You can’t say loyalty is rewarded when the way the scheme is designed, it’s conceivable that people who are on max points could miss out on games because it’s first come, first served.

Also, how can loyalty be rewarded when fans’ annual leave revolves around Rangers European games and they’ve now seen TC dissolve and even with double figure TC points, they’re in the Silver/Bronze tier

I agree with the principle of what the club have tried to do but this is different to what was pitched at the time. The club need to ditch the “loyalty is rewarded” tag line as it’s now apparent that even if you’re on the max 1556 points, you’re no longer guaranteed a ticket for TC matches (you know yourself with the way TC games worked, the 15 or so fans on top points were always guaranteed their tickets)

I’ve probably went round in circles here but it’s frustrating that numerous people have raised key concerns on here yet no answers are forthcoming. I understand you’re probably limited to what you can say but it does appear to be political-esq answers for whatever reason

This may be controversial but I think that by including the TC in MyGers, the club’s attempting to make it more difficult for the ‘trouble’ fans who go to away Euro games to travel.
Domestic home game crowds very rarely sing anything dodgy. By reducing the number of those who attended away euro games in the past (and rarely attend domestic games) with fans who attend Ibrox regularly, and behave, then the risk of UEFA getting involved is reduced.
Means that eventual away euro support is made up of those who regularly attend and behave at Ibrox.

Why couldn’t it have been run as a top down loyalty scheme similar to our travel club?

People could apply for tickets and anyone who missed out due to not having enough points would get the points added to their total.

The travel club wasn’t a closed shop but it rewarded loyalty. The travel club took 2/3 years of constant applying/attending games to get to a high points total which (almost) guaranteed tickets for all games.

This scheme could’ve run exactly the same way.

The idea that someone on max points in gold might not get a ticket but someone in bronze on 1 point might get a ticket makes a mockery of the whole thing.

Exactly. Loyalty doesnt always equate to £ spent.

As i've previously stated earlier in the thread, outwith hospitality i have one of the dearest season tickets in the stadium.

Why should i receive the same points as a guy who has one of the cheapest in the stadium at almost half the price? If it's all about cash, i'm spending alot more before a ball is kicked yet receiving the same points

Exactly. Loyalty doesnt always equate to £ spent.

As i've previously stated earlier in the thread, outwith hospitality i have one of the dearest season tickets in the stadium.

Why should i receive the same points as a guy who has one of the cheapest in the stadium at almost half the price? If it's all about cash, i'm spending alot more before a ball is kicked yet receiving the same points
Nobody asked you to take hospitality

@Greg Marshall - why do you think hospitality requests could be less demanding ? Feeling that they request on behalf of others ?

Someone posted that there were 47 non season ticket/CCCS games over the eligibility period.

Anyone know where I can find a list of all our games for each applicable season?

Unfortuntely, the purchase history doesn't give any indication of which games were CCCS and my memory isn't what it once was :(.

Back