RangersTV Lineup announced tomorrow - Heart & Hand

Hopefully by the time the transfer widow closes we will have as much quality on the pitch as that commentary team that’s just been announced.

Can we unleash Souness and Smith on the players at half time if they’re not playing well

That's one thing about that managerial pairing that always perplexed me, I'm used to a tough manager and a nicer guy as assistant as the bridge between the players and manager... with those 2 you'd be terrified of both of them.

Brilliant lineup.

Looking forward to the home games on Rangers TV now. Especially when Souness will be involved.

Very happy with that lineup.
Its a massive coup getting someone of the calibre of Tyldesley.
Having Smith and Souness at stages as well throughout the season also massive.

Wonder if the club will double down and announce a player signing as well today or will they leave that until tomorrow.

Yes, undoubtedly. I don’t think folk have latched onto the fact the ‘enhanced coverage’ is likely to be for the home matches only. It’s a part of the VST package. Away games will continue to be the standard RangersTV fare with Tom the Comm. Which pleases me. Some on here seem inexplicably sensitive to comments by Dhimmy.

Forget Tom vs Clive for a minute.

You're glad that we'll switch back to the standard product for away games? You want an inferior product for the same RTV price? Surely that doesn't make any sense. The idea of a pre and post match studio coverage with the likes of Katic and McCann is brilliant and a huge upgrade on what we have currently (replays of stuff available on rtv). A proper post match in particular will be class for big games. Why would you actively want that binned?

Would’ve been good if we had McCoist but otherwise a good lineup. :)

did you watch Saturdays game? McCoist is so cowed that he questions just about every decision that goes our way, even the ones which are clear as day.

I am quite happy to remember Coisty the star striker but tend to deploy a convenient amnesia toward his actions of the past eight years...Prefer Kris Boyd as a pundit, lesser striker, but has found his voice in terms of backing Rangers over the past couple of seasons

Makes sense to provide a much better service to ST holders whilst games bcd and I presume ppv will be available to non season ticket holders, opposition fans and of course the obsessed.

Always found it ridiculous that TV companies could block games that they weren't televising anyway. I get it maybe for the the English prem but not Scottish football.

Advise on redeeming you code, checking out the test stream and viewing the matches:

Just read the article saying Clive and Tom Miller will share commentary duties for home games. Does this mean a international/ST holder coverage or is it game about?

Makes sense to provide a much better service to ST holders whilst games bcd and I presume ppv will be available to non season ticket holders, opposition fans and of course the obsessed.

Always found it ridiculous that TV companies could block games that they weren't televising anyway. I get it maybe for the the English prem but not Scottish football.

It not TV companies that blocked it the League and FAs since they control the decision to make the game available for broadcast in the 1st place

Advise on redeeming you code, checking out the test stream and viewing the matches:

Is it the same code we were originally emailed out (for the Motherwell game I think?) or has there been a new one?

Just read the article saying Clive and Tom Miller will share commentary duties for home games. Does this mean a international/ST holder coverage or is it game about?

It says they share the home games which this is about

Clive covers the EPL for Talksport now

I’ve just read thread and only see CT as confirmed. Who else has been confirmed?

Last edited:
Is it the same code we were originally emailed out (for the Motherwell game I think?) or has there been a new one?

My goodness. Its all in the linked post. You get ONE code and ONE code only. It is valid for the season and only needs to be entered ONCE, the very first time you redeem it.

If you've done that, then follow the instructions to check you've done it properly.

Really hope it's not Tom Miller as co com. Keep him away from this please.

Tom coming into Ibrox like

GlaringGrippingFowl-size_restricted.gif

I may have missed something, but who did we try and fail to get that you imply?

I agree the line up is excellent I can't see how any of them would be second choice.

I think we got all our first choices - we didn't fail.

My point was that even if we didn't secure them all, we tried to get them - in previous years we would have gone for a cleaning lady and whoever was kicking about outside the front door. All about standards.

People forget that passion and emotion are part of football

You’ve got a point mate but I just can’t take to him. You’ve got to have a certain kind of voice for that kind of commentating and I don’t think Tom does.

His Ariba Ariba Ariba when Aribo scores. His crass soapbox speel when we beat them at the tattiedome etc etc.

It’ll divide opinion and as I’ve mentioned I’d like him to be kept at the club in another capacity but imo he’s a rank rotten commentator.

It not TV companies that blocked it the League and FAs since they control the decision to make the game available for broadcast in the 1st place
I presume its part of the agreement when selling the rights to show the games though. Sky will pay agreed amount on stipulation that the FAs then don't sell rights to other games.

There is an argument maybe that the FAs don't want televised games to encourage higher attendances.

Really hope it's not Tom Miller as co com. Keep him away from this please.
I suspect Tom might just be on away games (so just international RTV viewers will see that as fans in the U.K. will likely have Sky). CT on all home games would be great.

I'm sure we will get an answer from the Club soon - some Twitteratti is bound to ask - and I'd be surprised if the home match coverage is any different on the two channels. Away games will be normal RangersTV fare as well I'd expect.

A Celtic fan on Reddit says they had two separate streams yesterday. One with Rory Hamilton for season ticket holders; the other with their normal commentator and the mental ramblings of Tom Boyd.

Gutted if fans paying for the games are stuck with Miller.

You’ve got a point mate but I just can’t take to him. You’ve got to have a certain kind of voice for that kind of commentating and I don’t think Tom does.

His Ariba Ariba Ariba when Aribo scores. His crass soapbox speel when we beat them at the tattiedome etc etc.

It’ll divide opinion and as I’ve mentioned I’d like him to be kept at the club in another capacity but imo he’s a rank rotten commentator.

I know he's not everyone's cup of tea, I was just replying to your specific point about screaming – that happens at any important game that has an important goal :))

A Celtic fan on Reddit says they had two separate streams yesterday. One with Rory Hamilton for season ticket holders; the other with their normal commentator and the mental ramblings of Tom Boyd.

Gutted if fans paying for the games are stuck with Miller.

That would be a shame - and I say that as someone who has no issues whatsoever with Tom the Comm.

Then again it would give the few season ticket holders on the other thread who are moaning about being short-changed a wee boost. They might even crack a wee smile.:rolleyes:

Back