RangersTV Lineup announced tomorrow - Heart & Hand

Hardly the worst? He is a literal joke figure whose meanderings have been used to mock us on numerous occasions over the years. When Tom worked for Clyde he was nowhere near their main games. If he isn't good enough for them then he isn't good for us.

Tyledsley. Now there is a proper commentator. The best in the business for the biggest club. Fantastic coup if true.

Given Clyde offer prominence to the opinions of Dalziel, I'm not sure the point you're making. It's not about quality but maintaining a particular narrative.

I'm not a huge fan of Tyldesley, he also has a tendency to spout nonsense (as does every commentator). He's shown disdain in the past for Scottish football and has little connection with Rangers. At least when Tom talks of the crowd and past players, you know it's genuine. I hope Tyldesley doesn't try that.

It's Club TV and I prefer a more familiar feel.

A Celtic fan on Reddit says they had two separate streams yesterday. One with Rory Hamilton for season ticket holders; the other with their normal commentator and the mental ramblings of Tom Boyd.

Gutted if fans paying for the games are stuck with Miller.

Which fans are those...???

That would be a shame - and I say that as someone who has no issues whatsoever with Tom the Comm.

Then again it would give the few season ticket holders on the other thread who are moaning about being short-changed a wee boost. They might even crack a wee smile.:rolleyes:

It would seem odd to do that. Maybe Tom will simply do the audio. Or fill in at times when Tyldesley is back doing EPL...

For NARSA RSCs, we've been given a code to use for the games (much in the way ST holders have). I wonder what stream we would get.

Very decent effort from the club. Happy with this line up of presenters and commentators, at least now I can watch the games without having to mute the sound from anti-Rangers haters.

Seems a bit odd to be paying for Tyldesley to come up in my opinion. I don't think commentators add that much and most are pretty bland. I'd personally prefer Tom was commentating as it's a bit different from the mainstream blandness and he's knowledgeable and enthusiastic about rangers.

Given Clyde offer prominence to the opinions of Dalziel, I'm not sure the point you're making. It's not about quality but maintaining a particular narrative.

I'm not a huge fan of Tyldesley, he also has a tendency to spout nonsense (as does every commentator). He's shown disdain in the past for Scottish football and has little connection with Rangers. At least when Tom talks of the crowd and past players, you know it's genuine. I hope Tyldesley doesn't try that.

It's Club TV and I prefer a more familiar feel.

Why shouldn't Tyldesely speak of past players if he knows what he's talking about? A commentator won't have a rapport with every club; rather, they'll do their research beforehand. Regardless, the guy has been involved in football for 30 plus years. It's really not inconceivable that he'd know of the Laudrup's, Gascoigne's and McCoist's of this world. The Clyde point was made to emphasize that someone down the pecking order there shouldn't be the main voice of a club like ours, but you make a fair point in that they're hardly a barometer of quality.

Fair enough if you prefer that kind of fan partisanship. For me, it's just not befitting Rangers and where we're headed. I'm assuming you've been watching Tom on RTV for years now and feel a bond with him that's borne out of familiarity, and I get that. But we're upgrading every facet of the club and this is another area that needs to be improved on. And that's before you get to the fact he's become a point of ridicule among other fans.

Last edited:
It would seem odd to do that. Maybe Tom will simply do the audio. Or fill in at times when Tyldesley is back doing EPL...

For NARSA RSCs, we've been given a code to use for the games (much in the way ST holders have). I wonder what stream we would get.

I'd like to think - and I hope - 'proper' RangersTV viewers would get the same service as the VST guys. The post a few up about the Dhims having separate services is a slight worry though. I'm sure it will eb clarified soon.

How come NARSA had to get codes same as season ticket holders. I thought you guys paid RangersTV subscriptions? The code suggests the same stream as VST viewers via live.rangers.co.uk rather than the regular RangersTV output.

I presume its part of the agreement when selling the rights to show the games though. Sky will pay agreed amount on stipulation that the FAs then don't sell rights to other games.

There is an argument maybe that the FAs don't want televised games to encourage higher attendances.

SPFL own the broadcast rights and sell the amount it wishes to a broadcaster which Sky or Premier Sport for League Cup, sma wit the Scottish FA and Scottish Cup Premier Sport and BBC Scotland for that

Rangers or any club for that matter can't broadcast a game in the UK unless they are given permission by the SPFL/Scottish FA and broadcaster in question

There is an agreement in place at the moment for that to happen due to Covid 19

This shows we have come on leaps and bounds with James Bisgrove on board. I just went onto our website, which loaded first time (on the day of an announcement). At the bottom shows our kit promotions and links to our store where there is stock available of our cutting edge new kits.

That's before we even talk about the lineup, which in my book is excellent. I like Tom though, hope he is still visibly present on the channel. Good rangers men that have been on the journey are a prized commodity at the moment.

I don't do Twitter. Can somebody ask, if its not been asked already, whether the 'real' RangersTV viewers - overseas - will get the enhanced package with Tyldesley as well?

Having check with their own website for yesterday's game

Prematch/Halftime/Postmatch show was shown worldwide to both CSTH and outsideUK/ROI subscribers

Rory Hamilton and Darren O'Dea were listed as the commentary team no mentioned of anyone else

Having check with their own website for yesterday's game

Prematch/Halftime/Postmatch show was shown worldwide to both CSTH and outsideUK/ROI subscribers

Rory Hamilton and Darren O'Dea were listed as the commentary team no mentioned of anyone else

Post #346 would seem to have found another lying, demented Dhim posting on Reddit then. Not that such folk are difficult to find right enough.

That sounds promising. Official clarification from RangersTV would be good though if anyone is on twitter.

SPFL own the broadcast rights and sell the amount it wishes to a broadcaster which Sky or Premier Sport for League Cup, sma wit the Scottish FA and Scottish Cup Premier Sport and BBC Scotland for that

Rangers or any club for that matter can't broadcast a game in the UK unless they are given permission by the SPFL/Scottish FA and broadcaster in question

There is an agreement in place at the moment for that to happen due to Covid 19
I know but I am presuming the reason that spfl etc. do not permit Rangers or other clubs to broadcast games normally is because the TV companies demand exclusivity to all TV rights for the price they pay.

That or like I say, maybe a concern over smaller attendances but I think this is unlikely.

Post #346 would seem to have found another lying, demented Dhim posting on Reddit then. Not that such folk are difficult to find right enough.

That sounds promising. Official clarification from RangersTV would be good though if anyone is on twitter.

This was the post mate. Perhaps I've picked the guy up wrong. I'm sure we'll get confirmation shortly.

In the coming months, our matchday line-up will include appearances from Walter Smith and Graeme Souness.

We are excited to welcome these club legends on RangersTV, with further insight coming from regular TV pundits and former Gers, Neil McCann & Alex Rae. Scotland Women’s National team coach, Shelley Kerr will complete the high calibre pundit team line-up.

Furthermore, we are very pleased to announce Clive Tyldesley and Tom Miller will share commentary duties on our home games.

A blend of first-team players will provide punditry and unique insight into the first team set up, with Nikola Katic set to join the team as he returns from injury. Emma Dodds will present our show having built a strong reputation for professionalism and knowledge of Scottish football.
Fantastic!!

That’s a fantastic lineup. Seeing Souness and Walter again will be a particular highlight for me.

Hope Tom still plays a big role. A True Bear who has worked his a*se off over the last few years to improve his commentary and has become very good imo.

Seen some real shite comments on social media regarding wee Tom Miller, some like some don’t (I really like him) but don’t message him saying so! Just my opinion at the end of the day, we all have the right to like or dislike but theres ways and means of doing so, remember those who are the wee Mans also a bear.

Great line up.

Hopefully wee neil McCann makes a good impression and gets offered a coaching role of some sort.

Seen some real shite comments on social media regarding wee Tom Miller, some like some don’t (I really like him) but don’t message him saying so! Just my opinion at the end of the day, we all have the right to like or dislike but theres ways and means of doing so, remember those who are the wee Mans also a bear.
I don’t think anyone has actually messaged him it, he has searched his own name up.

You wonder how they'd react if someone was Tweeting their boss and telling him they were shite at their job and should be sacked. They are an embarrassment to Rangers fans as far as I'm concerned.

Nobody is. He has searched his own name.

I know but I am presuming the reason that spfl etc. do not permit Rangers or other clubs to broadcast games normally is because the TV companies demand exclusivity to all TV rights for the price they pay.

That or like I say, maybe a concern over smaller attendances but I think this is unlikely.

Depends as it is only the small amount of games made available for broadcast

The blocked/blackout period to design to ensure crowds at 3pm games nothing stopping games been moved for live broadcast

Reactions: GF7
Over the moon with the club for this, a massive well done. I can honestly say I’ve always liked Clive’s commentary and that’s not just cos he’s joined our TV team. He has a tremendous voice for commentary. McCann is brilliant and I really like Shelly Kerr as well. I just hope she doesn’t get hassle off the Scotland fans for joining us. Walter and Souness what more can you ask.

You wonder how they'd react if someone was Tweeting their boss and telling him they were shite at their job and should be sacked. They are an embarrassment to Rangers fans as far as I'm concerned.
No one has tweeted Tom directly. Have you ever thought a player wasn’t good enough? It’s the exact same as that. I feel like I’m missing something from your post though, am I?

No one has tweeted Tom directly. Have you ever thought a player wasn’t good enough? It’s the exact same as that. I feel like I’m missing something from your post though, am I?

Our posts crossed. See the one above yours. Its not on Tom's Twitter but there's been some shite on the RangersFC and RangersTV Twitter. Folk are entitled to an opinion but tweeting his employers with the likes of 'FFS is Tom still there' really isn't on. IMHO. I get that its Twitter though and therefore a pricks paradise.

How come NARSA had to get codes same as season ticket holders. I thought you guys paid RangersTV subscriptions? The code suggests the same stream as VST viewers via live.Rangers.co.uk rather than the regular RangersTV output.

Because we can't attend bars/clubs to watch games; it's a way of keeping the RSCs involved.

I've paid my membership dues to Big Apple Bears. I will now be given a code to use - I then still have to pay an individual fee per game to the BABs, as I would if I turned up to the bar during better days.

The codes will not be active once the situation gets better. It's the same premise as before: NARSA pays for RTV and the costs are then spread among the RSCs.

My RTV season ticket expires this week. The question is whether to renew or use the BABs code. Ultimately, my only concern is being able to see the 90 minutes without issue.

I'd like to think - and I hope - 'proper' RangersTV viewers would get the same service as the VST guys. The post a few up about the Dhims having separate services is a slight worry though. I'm sure it will eb clarified soon.
I really hope it's both setups that get it. Not only for selfish reasons but I'm sure more fans will sign up for the year with this kind of lineup.

Because we can't attend bars/clubs to watch games; it's a way of keeping the RSCs involved.

I've paid my membership dues to Big Apple Bears. I will now be given a code to use - I then still have to pay an individual fee per game to the BABs, as I would if I turned up to the bar during better days.

The codes will not be active once the situation gets better. It's the same premise as before: NARSA pays for RTV and the costs are then spread among the RSCs.

My RTV season ticket expires this week. The question is whether to renew or use the BABs code. Ultimately, my only concern is being able to see the 90 minutes without issue.

Thanks for clarifying that. Interesting to hear how NARSA are working it. Totally went out of my head that you couldn't meet up in bars any more.

Do the codes direct you to the live.rangers.co.uk website? If they do then its the same one as season ticket holders. If its https://tv.rangers.co.uk/ then its your regular service.

Renewing your RangersTV sub is going to cost a fair old whack - but will virtually guarantee you a problem-free experience. The 'live' website' is beset with issues, particularly for those using Apple devices unless they are prepared to go down the different browser route. You've seen, and commented, on some of the stuff LOL. Difficult call given the removal of the monthly Unlimited option.

This was the post mate. Perhaps I've picked the guy up wrong. I'm sure we'll get confirmation shortly.

Certainly not pick it wrong

Paul Cuddihy is the main guy when doing CTV commentaries with another along side another

If the post is right then that is what they have went with yesterday

Rory Hamilton/Darren O'Dea UK only
Paul Cuddihy/Tom Boyd CTV outside UK/ROI

I wasn't questioning YOUR post mate more the content of the post by the Dhim. It looks like he's been spouting shite - unusually (not) - given he watched it as a VST viewer and not on DhimmyTV.

As posted before picking up from Dave Cormack I think there is meant to be a variation

Thanks for clarifying that. Interesting to hear how NARSA are working it. Totally went out of my head that you couldn't meet up in bars any more.

Do the codes direct you to the live.Rangers.co.uk website? If they do then its the same one as season ticket holders. If its https://tv.Rangers.co.uk/ then its your regular service.

Renewing your RangersTV sub is going to cost a fair old whack - but will virtually guarantee you a problem-free experience. The 'live' website' is beset with issues, particularly for those using Apple devices unless they are prepared to go down the different browser route. You've seen, and commented, on some of the stuff LOL. Difficult call given the removal of the monthly Unlimited option.

I haven't used it yet, so I'm not sure where it directs the user. It is for all games, though, home & away.

Apparently it worked fine at the weekend, albeit a bit of buffering towards the end. Given the increased usage for Sunday, who knows.

Yep, I'm swithering. I'm not overly technical. I just want to sign in and get the game.

Back